How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   123 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,468 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jeba said:

Would tourist be offered vaccination as well if they paid for it?

No. You have to be a member of a Krankenkasse, just like in Germany. 

AFAIK vaccination tourism is only possible in certain US states. 

6 hours ago, jeba said:

Even if fully vaccinated?

Yep. The only advantage is no quarantine requirement, except arrival from certain risk countries. 

18 hours ago, catjones said:

Why the world’s most vaccinated country is seeing an unprecedented spike in coronavirus cases

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/05/06/seychelles-vaccines-covid-cases/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_homepage

I can't see the article, but nothing is showing up on statistics. Can you provide quotes from article or another source?

12 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The good news is: 90% of over 60s are vaccinated.

The number of cases are going down. But it is a matter of time until tourists come in, and everything starts again.

If they get to 70% before the winter, it won't.

This pandemic is over for those with enough vaccines.

48 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Unless you're one of the millions who have compromised immune systems where studies are now showing only 18% efficacy after both doses.

4 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

This is a global pandemic and as long as international travel is possible, travel comes with the risk of introducing a new mutation. 

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Unless you're one of the millions who have compromised immune systems where studies are now showing only 18% efficacy after both doses.

That's where herd immunity kicks in.

7 hours ago, engelchen said:

This is a global pandemic and as long as international travel is possible, travel comes with the risk of introducing a new mutation. 

mRNA vaccines can be put in mass production 20 days after a new dangerous mutation is found. That's why EU put an order for billions of vaccines. THIS IS OVER! Let's stop the dramatic fears, mRNA vaccines are a game changer for pandemics.

Just now, MikeMelga said:

Humm, not really, paywall... :/

Use a different browser, or better, go out to Johns Hopkins or some other relatively neutral portal, google the relevant dates and figure it out.    Avoid the narrative and look at pure data.

That is, unless, you are a fraud.   😎

20 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I had another look at the numbers today, it's flat, there is no spike in Israel.

For a self confessed super intelligent engineer that you don´t even know to clear your cookies to be able to read that article fucking staggers me.

20 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

mRNA vaccines can be put in mass production 20 days after a new dangerous mutation is found. That's why EU put an order for billions of vaccines. THIS IS OVER! Let's stop the dramatic fears, mRNA vaccines are a game changer for pandemics.

It is far from over.

Even assuming a 20 day turnaround for mass production, there is still the issue of administering the boosters. Furthermore, it is not clear whether we will be able to reach herd immunity anytime soon. Especially not in Germany. 

Don't forget the anti vaxxers who will prohibit herd immunity. They are already bribing people to get vaccinated in the US. Plenty are available but nobody wants them now. Fucking Trumpers.

25 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Fucking Trumpers.

in the US, Black and Hispanic vaccination rates are well below Whites.

15 hours ago, engelchen said:

It is far from over.

Even assuming a 20 day turnaround for mass production, there is still the issue of administering the boosters. Furthermore, it is not clear whether we will be able to reach herd immunity anytime soon. Especially not in Germany. 

The 20 days is currently. They said they can even shrink the timeline. Administering 70% of the population could be done in 2 months, if enough vaccines are available. Right now, with the limitation of vaccines, it is being done at a rate where 70% could be done in 3 months.

It's over! What remains are fears perpetuated by the media.

15 hours ago, Keleth said:

For a self confessed super intelligent engineer that you don´t even know to clear your cookies to be able to read that article fucking staggers me.

Super intelligent people are lazy.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Super intelligent people are lazy.

Or not as intelligent as they like to think they are.

15 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I had another look at the numbers today, it's flat, there is no spike in Israel.

The article is neither about Israel nor about a fully vaccinated country. The title is clickbait. 

Roughly 60 percent of the doses administered in Seychelles are vaccines made by the Chinese company Sinopharm that were donated to the Seychelles by the United Arab Emirates. The remaining doses are of the vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and produced by the Serum Institute of India.

Regarding Israel: 

34 new cases yesterday

893 active cases

81 severe cases, among them 48 on ventilators

5422082 vaccinated with at least 1 dose

5079143 (out of 9291000) fully vaccinated

Travel abroad requires a negative PCR test to board the plane (on departure and on arrival), and an additional PCR test on arrival. Arrivals from certain risk countries as well as non-vaccinated have to be quarantined in 2 weeks. 

So far so good. 

6 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The title is clickbait. 

It's a study in hubris.  When an island can have covid setbacks, any country can.

14 hours ago, catjones said:

It's a study in hubris.  When an island can have covid setbacks, any country can.

A study of what? That you need more than 70% population for herd immunity? This is not unknown information. Some experts say that even more is needed, especially for vaccines with lower efficacy than mRNA ones. Others also think herd immunity will never be achieved (i.e. revaccination every year).