How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   111 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

799 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, ruapehu said:

Any approved vaccines in the EU have indeed completed stage 3 trials. There have to date been no emergency approvals granted in the EU. The EU rejected this from the start, going with "limited approval" instead (although there is currently pressure to grant Curevac emergency approval, once stage 3 trials are completed).

The term used by the press release was "conditional marketing authorization" in December.     Are you suggesting that they rammed a new mRNA vaccine through the normal process ?  

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-recommends-first-covid-19-vaccine-authorisation-eu

I have heard that injecting yourself with disinfectant may work wonders...but this has of course not yet been proven in clinical trials.

Nobody here is suggesting that.   Maybe your tinfoil mask is fastened on a bit too tight.   😷

Keep it real.

Hey, fraufruit, how're you doing? :-) I just popped in to see what was up now Brexit is done and dusted. (amazing what you get up to on a Sunday afternoon when you're slowly going up the wall waiting for your GP not to call, because 1) it's Sunday and 2) you're in Group 4 anyway).

Sorry, Balticus, got the term wrong. I mostly read the German news, the term was bedingte Zulassung (and not beschränkte, which is what I had in my mind).

Israel is now giving third (and if necessary, fourth) booster shot of Pfizer vaccine to people with weak immunity: HIV, patients on dialysis, and those who got organ transplants (in particular, lung transplants). In contrast to healthy people, only 18% of fully vaccinated develop the necessary amount of antibodies. 

More info (Hebrew, but can be translated by Google Chrome): https://www.ynet.co.il/health/article/B1sQ111twO

Good for you, opti!

I recommend you keep some paracetamol and a warm blanket by your bed tonight in case you wake up with chills like I did. It only lasted 2 hrs. and was no big deal.

I'll be getting BioNTech on Tuesday morning. I'm glad there's a public holiday on Thursday, should I have a bad reaction.

A friend of mine was telling me today that he's being harrassed by two anti-vaxxer coworkers because he wants to get vaccinated.  It's not enough for them that they can choose not to get vaccinated.  They don't want other people to do it either.

I started work this morning, like every Friday morning, at 08.30.  I knew one of my regular students wouldn’t be there because he had logged into English last week to tell me that he had tested positive and wasn’t feeling well, he was at home isolating. He picked it up from another colleague, who had also tested positive last week.  This morning, I was told that his colleague had taken a bad turn yesterday, was taken to hospital and passed away yesterday evening.  I had 4 very difficult lessons today with some very sad people.

28 minutes ago, LeonG said:

A friend of mine was telling me today that he's being harrassed by two anti-vaxxer coworkers because he wants to get vaccinated.

I hope that she/he reported them to management now that it is too late to tell them that it is none of their business.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

A friend of mine was telling me today that he's being harrassed by two anti-vaxxer coworkers because he wants to get vaccinated.  It's not enough for them that they can choose not to get vaccinated.  They don't want other people to do it either.

Totally unacceptable mobbing.

33 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I hope that she/he reported them to management now that it is too late to tell them that it is none of their business.

I told him he should tell them it's not their business or better yet just stop discussing it with them because it's not like they are going to see the light and change their mind about it.  He's not the type to go tell management and I doubt it would be helpful anyway where he works.

In those cases, if I'm not in the mood to discuss, I just say "statistically speaking, idiots die more often".

If I'm in the mood, i bother to hear their points and crush them with numbers. I love smartphones for that.

On 5/3/2021, 11:10:49, yourkeau said:

Israel is now giving third (and if necessary, fourth) booster shot of Pfizer vaccine to people with weak immunity: HIV, patients on dialysis, and those who got organ transplants (in particular, lung transplants). In contrast to healthy people, only 18% of fully vaccinated develop the necessary amount of antibodies. 

More info (Hebrew, but can be translated by Google Chrome): https://www.ynet.co.il/health/article/B1sQ111twO

Israel is ahead, even in showing that going above 60% of vaccinated is a huge challenge. I think UK, US and some European countries will have the same problem. Other countries, including Portugal, should easily go above 70%.

I wonder if this AZ vaccine rambling is about this. Perhaps the idea was to make people talk about taking one over the other, instead of talking taking one vs none.

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Israel is ahead, even in showing that going above 60% of vaccinated is a huge challenge. I think UK, US and some European countries will have the same problem. Other countries, including Portugal, should easily go above 70%.

I wonder if this AZ vaccine rambling is about this. Perhaps the idea was to make people talk about taking one over the other, instead of talking taking one vs none.

Israeli demographics is different from Europe: much more children per capita. But yes, you're right, the vaccination centers are now empty.

The good news is: 90% of over 60s are vaccinated.

The number of cases are going down. But it is a matter of time until tourists come in, and everything starts again.

Evening, yourkeau! Not sure about the latest agreement between Greece and Israel but I think they have relaxed the rules between the countries,

Indeed, as we came out of our favourite restaurant this evening ( which has just reopened this very evening after 7 months ), we got chatting and laughing with a bunch of Israelis outside and who were just going inside , one of whom was dressed as a clown !😂

PS: they were all plus 60 years of age .. if that helps.

19 minutes ago, john g. said:

Evening, yourkeau! Not sure about the latest agreement between Greece and Israel but I think they have relaxed the rules between the countries,

Indeed, as we came out of our favourite restaurant this evening ( which has just reopened this very evening after 7 months ), we got chatting and laughing with a bunch of Israelis outside and who were just going inside , one of whom was dressed as a clown !😂

PS: they were all plus 60 years of age .. if that helps.

Yes, at the moment I can travel to Greece, Cyprus and a bunch of other countries. But negative PCR test is required on the way back (to board a plane). So if I get Corona on vacation I cannot come back. I am not taking such a risk at the moment. Maybe in autumn, when most of Europe will be fully vaccinated, too.

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

But it is a matter of time until tourists come in, and everything starts again.

Would tourist be offered vaccination as well if they paid for it?

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Yes, at the moment I can travel to Greece, Cyprus and a bunch of other countries. But negative PCR test is required on the way back 

Even if fully vaccinated?