How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   121 votes

  1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

    • I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
      80
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
      5
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
      3
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
      10
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
      2
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
      19
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,319 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

In Brazil?

 

Not sure if you are being ironic, but yes, and not only in Brazil but in the whole region.  The Latin American countries with right wing governments have little interest in letting the Russian vaccine in (but ironically several allowed the Chinese one in) and even USA has been trying to stop them from taking Sputnik V, which so far is allowed in Argentina, Bolivia, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Venezuela, so you can see already the political pattern.    It is sickening that politics are more important than lives.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way of the world, Krieg. Whether Left or Right- if ideology is too pure and dogmatic, people die. Because ideology agrees with victimhood and killing people in the name of the cause.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Krieg said:

 

Not sure if you are being ironic, but yes, and not only in Brazil but in the whole region.  The Latin American countries with right wing governments

...

It is sickening that politics are more important than lives.

 

How is it that you consistently connect the incidence of COVID-19 with right-wing governments and then decry the politicization just two sentences later with no shame whatsoever?    😎.   

 

Perhaps you can look at worldometer.info, filter out the microcountries like San Marino and Andorra, and sort based on cases/million or deaths/million and see if there is any correlation with the wing orientation of the ruling government and the COVID response.   Spoiler alert:   there isn't.   

 

You might notice that despite all the death porn being published about Brazil and India currently, their deaths/million 1891/million and  152/million or cases/million at 69k/million and 14k/million are lower than those of Belgium at 2083/million and 86k/million and last i visited Belgium, it was not a third world country and relatively wealthy.    It would be quite difficult to find much commentary or criticism of Belgian policy or any hard hitting journalism which would ask what happened and who is responsible.     Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Czechia, and the Netherlands all sort of get a pass.  Problems with the vax rollout and EU commission incompetence in securing vaxes get pretty friendly treatment as well. Governor of NY, Andrew Cuomo, who forced retirement homes to accept recovering COVID patients resulting in a huge number of deaths not only gets a pass, but gets an award for leadership.   

 

You can look at the wing orientation of the people who are targets and determine if there is any correlation to the volume and frequency of criticism against them.   Spoiler alert:   there is.    

 

Your dismissal of very complex problems as a result of a generic and faceless "right-wing" is purposeful obfuscation and allows maximum inconsistency and should be seen as the same blatant politicization which you complain about very disingenuously.  I still have fond memories of you declaring your monopoly on Latin American experience and opinion (as if you limit yourself to the places you have lived) when i pointed out to you that your categorization of Ecuadorian former Prez Lenin (yes, named after that Lenin) Moreno as "right-wing" was not correct.    War is peace, slavery is freedom, and in Latin America, left-wing is right-wing when it fits the political narrative.    😎

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Krieg said:

 

Not sure if you are being ironic, but yes, and not only in Brazil but in the whole region.  The Latin American countries with right wing governments have little interest in letting the Russian vaccine in (but ironically several allowed the Chinese one in) and even USA has been trying to stop them from taking Sputnik V, which so far is allowed in Argentina, Bolivia, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay and Venezuela, so you can see already the political pattern.    It is sickening that politics are more important than lives.

Putin can go fuck himself. Bad politics also cost lives. The world had to endure Trump for 4 years partially because of Putin. So fuck him and fuck Sputnik V.

That and the chinese vaccines are the only ones I refuse.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Putin can go fuck himself. Bad politics also cost lives. The world had to endure Trump for 4 years partially because of Putin. So fuck him and fuck Sputnik V.

That and the chinese vaccines are the only ones I refuse.

 

That's easy to say from the comfort of a place where you can actually choose the vaccine and there are plenty available.   Back home we are running out of the few we had (mostly SinoVac) while we are in the worst part of the worst peak we ever had, we are right now much worse than post-Christmas, and the future looks grim, the only chances I see is that the Chinese give us the hand again, or we approve Sputnik-V (which might not happen for political reasons) or that we receive some of the AstraZeneca the first world does not want to use.    My father is 81 y/o and he received already both jabs from SinoVac.  My mother is 70 and she received the first one from AZ but there is no vaccines for the second jab.  So I am grateful that at least my father is vaccinated and my mother has some protection. 

 

So,yes, politics are important to you because you are not in a shitty position.  To me vaccine is vaccine, if the science says they are reasonable OK they should be used everywhere the people are willing to take it.   Argentina started to produce the Sputnik-V locally, who cares it comes from Putin?  People just want not do die. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, that argument is void. Russia has its own vaccination problems. They prefer to export than to give it to their own people?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Sorry, that argument is void. Russia has its own vaccination problems. They prefer to export than to give it to their own people?

 

 

Same way the EU is exporting around one third / one quarter of their local production.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Same way the EU is exporting around one third / one quarter of their local production.

Russia has 8% of people with at least one shot. Europe will reach 45-50% by end of May. Big difference.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Russia has 8% of people with at least one shot. Europe will reach 45-50% by end of May. Big difference.

 

 

And they are still giving vaccines to South America and now their vaccines will be produced in Argentina.

 

So you are really telling me Russia should not give us vaccines and our elderly should die.   Unbelievable.

 

And the EU has been sharing their vaccines since the beginning.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our elderly die because of Russia for a long time ago. Our elderly, our middle aged and our young people die when Trump, elected with Putin's help, perpetuates climate change industries. Our elderly, our middle aged and our young people die when Putin's lackeys spread anti-vaxx bullshit in Facebook and Twitter.

DON'T give him more power!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Our elderly die because of Russia for a long time ago. Our elderly, our middle aged and our young people die when Trump, elected with Putin's help, perpetuates climate change industries. Our elderly, our middle aged and our young people die when Putin's lackeys spread anti-vaxx bullshit in Facebook and Twitter.

DON'T give him more power!

You can't sacrifice innocents for things they have no control over!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Why shoul I risk taking any EXPERIMENTAL VACCINES that have not even passed stage 3 human trials?

This is an off patent and safe drug that can be used to prevent and treat most stages of COVID-19.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

India was using Invermectin and other off patent drugs very successfully until they started giving the Emergency Use Authorization Covid Vaccine.

 

That is exactly when the death rates in India soared. To go off patent a drug has to have been used for about 20 years. All the EXPERIMENTAL VACCINES  were only given EUA status about 4 months ago. They still have not passed their stage 3 human trials.  So please tell me which are the safest drugs to use?

 

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/ivermectin-for-covid-19-a-cheap-drug-with-a-remarkable-effect

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many reasons why India is doing so badly, unfortunately. One of them being that they have produced a lot of vaccines for other countries and don't have sufficient to quickly vaccinate their own population. Several others mentioned in this article:

https://qz.com/india/2003471/india-is-still-using-a-woefully-outdated-covid-19-treatment-plan/

 

Any approved vaccines in the EU have indeed completed stage 3 trials. There have to date been no emergency approvals granted in the EU. The EU rejected this from the start, going with "limited approval" instead (although there is currently pressure to grant Curevac emergency approval, once stage 3 trials are completed).

 

Some individual countries within the EU have also gone for vaccines such as Sputnik V - but this is outside the EU approvals process.

 

Quote

So please tell me which are the safest drugs to use?

 

I have heard that injecting yourself with disinfectant may work wonders...but this has of course not yet been proven in clinical trials.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, ruapehu said:

I have heard that injecting yourself with disinfectant may work wonders...but this has of course not yet been proven in clinical trials.

 

I'm sure Darwin would agree. :D

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ruapehu said:

There are many reasons why India is doing so badly, unfortunately. One of them being that they have produced a lot of vaccines for other countries and don't have sufficient to quickly vaccinate their own population. Several others mentioned in this article:

https://qz.com/india/2003471/india-is-still-using-a-woefully-outdated-covid-19-treatment-plan/

 

Any approved vaccines in the EU have indeed completed stage 3 trials. There have to date been no emergency approvals granted in the EU. The EU rejected this from the start, going with "limited approval" instead (although there is currently pressure to grant Curevac emergency approval, once stage 3 trials are completed).

 

Some individual countries within the EU have also gone for vaccines such as Sputnik V - but this is outside the EU approvals process.

 

 

I have heard that injecting yourself with disinfectant may work wonders...but this has of course not yet been proven in clinical trials.

Here on Crete, they swear raki cures absolutely everything in the world but I cannot guarantee that from personal experience- I don’t drink it! Don’t like the taste or smell!🙁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now