How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   121 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,320 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, catjones said:

Staying 6 feet apart indoors does almost nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19, MIT study finds

https://news.yahoo.com/staying-6-feet-apart-indoors-112732760.html

Of course, ventilation is the most important factor (if you have the mask off).

We have CO2 semaphores in my company. When CO2 levels rise, we open up the windows.

That's why airplanes are safer than a large, closed room.

5 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

We have CO2 semaphores in my company. When CO2 levels rise, we open up the windows.

The problem is that nobody knows what should be regarded a safe level - especially with the new variants. I wouldn´t trust the old recommendations dating from spring last year.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

The problem is that nobody knows what should be regarded a safe level - especially with the new variants. I wouldn´t trust the old recommendations dating from spring last year.

(old) Recommendations is to keep values below 800ppm. Opening the windows for a minute can easily drop it to 400. Airplanes are at around 700 average (I measured it twice), so my guess is that the 800 value is still correct. Otherwise we would have seen a huge increase in cases of people flying.

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

(old) Recommendations is to keep values below 800ppm. Opening the windows for a minute can easily drop it to 400. Airplanes are at around 700 average (I measured it twice), so my guess is that the 800 value is still correct. Otherwise we would have seen a huge increase in cases of people flying.

As long as we don´t know what is the minumum infective dose (thankfully, challenge trials to find out are underway) it´s just guesswork. People infected with the new variants are producing aerosols with higher concentrations of virus particles (IIRC in case of the "British" variant up to 10 times higher), which makes me think that I wouldn´t want to rely on CO2 monitoring. I´d still put on my FFP3 mask in a plane, no matter what CO2 concentration.

I spent some time looking on why vaccinations dropped last week. It seems deliveries were not so good for 2 consecutive weeks, but the last delivery a few days ago puts the numbers above 4 million vaccines per week. This means during middle of this week or beginning of next week we should see a push for 4M per week, compared with 3.4M last week. Still, we need 4.5M per week, that's the goal

9 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I spent some time looking on why vaccinations dropped last week. It seems deliveries were not so good for 2 consecutive weeks, but the last delivery a few days ago puts the numbers above 4 million vaccines per week. This means during middle of this week or beginning of next week we should see a push for 4M per day, compared with 3.4M last week. Still, we need 4.5M per week, that's the goal

Per week ?

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

So, per week, was a typo.

That´s why I pointed it out because it was quite an important typo considering you were saying they´re pushing for 4m per day rather than the 3.4 per week until now.

Vaccines work:

For the first time in ten months, no new COVID-19 daily deaths were reported Thursday in Israel, according to the latest Health Ministry figures.

In data released Friday, the death toll remained unchanged from the day before at 6,346. The last date there were no new fatalities was June 29, when morbidity levels remained subdued following the initial coronavirus wave.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-reports-no-new-daily-covid-deaths-for-first-time-in-10-months/

Antivaxxer bullshit does not work:

With only 58% of residents receiving 1st shot, town known for alternative lifestyles sees 13 classes and 3 kindergartens quarantined

With 48 active patients, the town has now been classified as “orange” under the government’s traffic light system to classify infection rates, making the town the only locality in the country not rated as “yellow” or “green.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/outbreak-in-pardes-hanna-where-many-still-resistant-to-vaccination/

There are now three orange localities, antivax Pardes Hanna is still on the top. The two others are villages, one Jewish, one Bedouin.

On 27.4.2021, 11:56:32, MikeMelga said:

I spent some time looking on why vaccinations dropped last week. It seems deliveries were not so good for 2 consecutive weeks, but the last delivery a few days ago puts the numbers above 4 million vaccines per week. This means during middle of this week or beginning of next week we should see a push for 4M per week, compared with 3.4M last week. Still, we need 4.5M per week, that's the goal

Seems to be confirmed! 1.088.000 vaccinations today! Monday and Tuesday was also strong. I think they can pass 4M this week.

On 4/29/2021, 8:13:38, yourkeau said:

Russian vaccine contains live adenovirus:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/brazil-health-regulator-rejects-russia-s-sputnik-vaccine-1.5403539

I believe this was not the case during clinical trials, this is the problem during production. They have spent so much money on propaganda but forgot about quality control. 

There is already more info about what happened.  The Brazilians actually didn't test anything at all.  They saw a document saying the vaccine might have a very low amount of active virus as tolerance and they proceed to reject the vaccines without any test.   The Russians now say that was an old document and the tolerance is zero.

The first report and the later update are here, in Brazilian Portuguese:

https://super.abril.com.br/blog/bruno-garattoni/anvisa-nao-testou-a-presenca-de-replicantes-virais-na-vacina-sputnik/

https://super.abril.com.br/blog/bruno-garattoni/anvisa-apresenta-documento-russo-sobre-virus-replicante-na-sputnik-v/

I guess it is all political.

16 hours ago, yesterday said:

Saturday and Sunday are always slow days with around 250,000 being done per day

916.388 yesterday. We are over 3.2M already, with 3 days to go. Definitely we will reach 4M. My guess is around 4.3M but it could be that the magical 4.5M is reached.

They're miles away from what they said they wanted, early March they were saying target was 10 million a week in May..your magical number should be mininum.

To be fair, the way they are going I wouldn't be surprised to see them hitting over 6 million a week by mid may as supply ramps up and more as we priorities are dropped later in May.

4 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

916.388 yesterday. We are over 3.2M already, with 3 days to go. Definitely we will reach 4M. My guess is around 4.3M but it could be that the magical 4.5M is reached.

Unfortunately, it will slow down as the 2nd doses get given.

Just look at the UK, yesterday about 110,000 New first doses, and 400,000 second doses

Lets just hope the EU can keep on upping production of the vaccine

11 hours ago, Krieg said:

I guess it is all political.

In Brazil?