How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

905 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Jonny said:

:lol:Because Russia and China = 'Bad', the US and the West = 'Good' - right ???

That western propaganda sure works .

You are of course free to go for the Chinese Corona test if you think that is better :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My guess would be less than half get the flu jab. Probably even less. People didn't just suddenly become anti-vaxxers.

Less than half of what ? The over 60s ?

I recently had a tetanus booster and when I looked at my yellow vaccine booklet, on the back it clearly says that the WHO recommend the flu jab for over 60s - specifically over 60s. I've a few years to go yet before I reach that age so in line with  WHO guidelines, I'll leave the flu vaccine for those that really need it.

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My guess would be less than half get the flu jab. Probably even less. People didn't just suddenly become anti-vaxxers.

The virus might mutate too quickly for eradication. And it is much more difficult to eradicte viruses that also live in animals such as most of the flu viruses. In contrast the smallpox only lived in humans. 

I didn't really know flu jabs were a thing for the gen pop - I thought it was asthmatics, the elderly and crucial other people.

Assuming I'm not the only idiot at the party, it's going to be a while before flu is sorted.

Also, they have to make a SWAG about which kind of flu is coming, and if they get it wrong, nothing gained, presumably.

edit - ah, didn't refresh before posting. What johnny said, essentially :)

In the rush to call everyone who is hesitant about a covid vaccine , an 'anti-vaxxer' , I think a lot of the poor dears are getting carried away thinking that we should vaccinate everyone with every vaccine going. Maybe they think they can smoke, drink, eat a shitty diet but it doesn't matter because there will be a vaccine coming along to save them.

Ahh bless !!:lol:

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sounds good. But we've never managed to eradicate flu even though people get flu shots every year. Is it really worth spending so much time, effort and lockdowns on a disease that most people survive ? 

It´s not the deaths though.If it was only deaths from Covid then I don´t think it would be such a big problem.It´s the fact Covid sufferers block up the ICUs in hospitals.Also despite what a certain person on here likes to say we do not know the long term effects of Covid yet.

Also cannot say I´ve ever heard anyone complain about the amount of money and time on eradicating a disease because most people don´t die from it.

Should we not try to eradicate disease ?

0.01% of the worlds population died from cancer last year.pfft why bother trying to cure it.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Because Russia and China = 'Bad', the US and the West = 'Good' - right ???

That western propaganda sure works .

I trust Western Govts as far as I can spit out a dead rat,however that is still more than I trust Russia and China.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I recently had a tetanus booster and when I looked at my yellow vaccine booklet, on the back it clearly says that the WHO recommend the flu jab for over 60s - specifically over 60s.

And for those with Asthma,Diabetes,any sort of lung condition,cancer both survivors and sufferers,pregnant women,heart problems,stroke,kidney disease,and the list goes on.

34 minutes ago, Jonny said:

In the rush to call everyone who is hesitant about a covid vaccine , an 'anti-vaxxer' ,

Big difference between the two.We have one anti vaxxer on here who even tells you how to cure Covid,we have another who is starting to go down that route.

37 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Maybe they think they can smoke, drink, eat a shitty diet but it doesn't matter because there will be a vaccine coming along to save them.

The big difference is they do not spread their obesity to others.

I think the effects of shutting down the world are clear when it comes to this flu season in the US.

Whether we want to continue to pay this price is another thing.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, catjones said:

I think the effects of shutting down the world are clear when it comes to this flu season in the US.

Whether we want to continue to pay this price is another thing.

Some people suggest that this is the phenomenon of viral interference.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_interference#:~:text=Viral%20interference%2C%20also%20known%20as,for%20viral%20interference%20is%20unknown.

4 hours ago, kiplette said:

I didn't really know flu jabs were a thing for the gen pop - I thought it was asthmatics, the elderly and crucial other people.

In the US 6 month old babies can get flu shots.  In Massachusetts it's a requirement for public school entry.  🤷‍♀️ A bit overboard IMO.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/flu.html

https://www.mass.gov/news/flu-vaccine-now-required-for-all-massachusetts-school-students-enrolled-in-child-care-pre

Gosh. 

In the UK they are pushing it with early years, and the kids get a nasal spray in their settings. I don't think it's one I would include as mandatory.

Interesting, kiplette/BethAnnBitt!

Any one else ever had mastoiditis as a child? Apparently it was all the rage in the UK around 1957 when I was 5. I ended up in hospital. Operation of some kind and I remember the ward being full of other children with bloodied bandana-type coverings on their faces. 

I don’t know about early innoculations for flu for children. Is there any kind of jab or whatever kids get offered these days to protect them from mastoiditis? Is it recommended?

Heavy shit back then, apparently. Potentially fatal? Serious side effects of that illness?
No wonder I ended up a nutcase!😀 

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

Any one else ever had mastoiditis as a child? Apparently it was all the rage around 1957 when I was 5. I ended up in hospital. Operation of some kind and I remember the ward being full of other children with bloodied bandana-type coverings on their faces. 

I don’t know about early innoculations for flu for children. Is there any kind of jab or whatever kids get offered these days to protect them from mastoiditis?

Heavy shit back then, apparently. Potentially fatal? Serious side effects of that illness?
No wonder I ended up a nutcase!😀 

Googling it, it seems to be a swelling / infection behind the ear?  I've actually never heard of it.  When I was a kid, we got vaccinated against measles, whooping cough, diptheria, tetanus, polio and possibly something else.  It was considered unnecessary if not even character building to have us endure german measles, mumps and chicken pox.  I gather they vaccinate for all of those now too.  I managed to avoid getting chicken pox until I was 20+ and it was not fun.  My brother getting the mumps at 20 was no fun for him either.

I think I have a scar behind my right ear lobe, Leon! I have never seen it!😂

Apparently, my mum called the doc to our house and he said I was fine.. nothing serious.

She didn’t believe him and phoned another doc, who came and said “ ambulance, hospital, NOW.”

depends on which one I am getting but the alternative (not to get vaccinated) is not that so promising either

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

In the US 6 month old babies can get flu shots.  In Massachusetts it's a requirement for public school entry.  🤷‍♀️ A bit overboard IMO.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/flu.html

https://www.mass.gov/news/flu-vaccine-now-required-for-all-massachusetts-school-students-enrolled-in-child-care-pre

A requirement for public school entry in Mass.? Jeez, the mind boggles.

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

The risk/benefit ratio of the flu jab is quite a bit different from that of the corona vaccines. So that´s comparing apples and oranges.

The pace is definitely picking up.  👏🏼 Yesterday BW opened appointments up to the 60+ group.  And deliveries of Impfstoff are happening.  Our Hausärztin called us personally at 7 pm last night to offer us appts next Wednesday with Biontech.  I had tried all day and online was clogged. Exciting News!  🥳. Slept great last night.  😀