How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,815 posts in this topic

@fraufruit, a 50% efficacy means there won't be herd immunity, independently if it helps with severe cases. Without herd immunity, the virus will keep passing on until it mutates into something worst.

Chile will probably be the example against the Chinese vaccines.

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

...the virus will keep passing on until it mutates into something worst.

It will simultaneously keep mutating into harmless varieties too. As we are exposed more often to the harmless varieties will that protect us over time against the occasional baddy? Thus neutralising the baddies? Or is my logic too foggy?

15 hours ago, yourkeau said:

So, this country can provide the most reliable statistics about COVID-19 vaccine safety and its efficacy, at least for now. 

Very nice summary. 

Given the high rate of vaccination, has testing stopped or been reduced?    To run a good control group, it would be helpful if asymptomatics would continue to be tested just like they are in other countries so that the variable can be isolated as much as possible.   

And would it be reasonable to suspect that people whose immune system is triggered in this way by the vaccine, would have a similar reaction with the virus itself?

5 hours ago, optimista said:

It will simultaneously keep mutating into harmless varieties too. As we are exposed more often to the harmless varieties will that protect us over time against the occasional baddy? Thus neutralising the baddies? Or is my logic too foggy?

It can of course mutate to more harmless varieties. But wouldn't it be better just to eradicate it, like we have done or partially done with other diseases?

Can you offer other vaccines to Chile? They are using Biontech when they can get it. They are desperate for anything being so close to Brazil.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I just saw this in an article about the J&J pause in the US -

riskclots.jpg.97eb850eaedde292626f2c3a5c

The US has had 32 million cases out of a population of 330 milion which is not 16.5%.     

If you look at worldometer, the state with the worst case rate is North Dakota with 13.9%.

You post a lot of info about COVID and somehow this did not raise a red flag?   🤔

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Can you offer other vaccines to Chile? They are using Biontech when they can get it. They are desperate for anything being so close to Brazil.

Chile does not border Brazil, and there are significant geographic barriers to the easy transmission between other countries and Chile. 

The chart shows the percentage risk due to different factors...16.5% chance of blood clots when one gets Covid, ie. 41,250x more likely as when with the AZ vaccine.

Here is an Oxford paper which puts the risk of CVT in COVID patients at 39 per million based on data from 500k COVID patients.   There is a big difference between 39 per million and 165k per million.

• In this study of over 500,000 COVID-19 patients, CVT occurred in 39 in a million patients.
  • In over 480,000 people receiving a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna), CVT occurred in 4 in a million.
  • CVT has been reported to occur in about 5 in a million people after first dose of the AZ-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Compared to the mRNA vaccines, the risk of a CVT from COVID-19 is about 10 times greater.
  • Compared to the AZ-Oxford vaccine, the risk of a CVT from COVID-19 is about 8 times greater.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-04-15-risk-rare-blood-clotting-higher-covid-19-vaccines

If anyone has a paper which shows that 16.5% of COVID patients experiencing abnormal clotting, it would be nice to clear the point.  

The post-mortems show there is a high incidence of clots even when the clots themselves are not the principle cause of death.

On 4/18/2021, 9:44:48, balticus said:

Very nice summary. 

Given the high rate of vaccination, has testing stopped or been reduced?    To run a good control group, it would be helpful if asymptomatics would continue to be tested just like they are in other countries so that the variable can be isolated as much as possible.   

You are right, there is no good control group here because only those who develop symptoms are tested, as well as those who were in a contact with the confirmed patient. These tests give 0.4% positive rate. 

In the past, there were mobile testing centers in "red" cities where everyone can get tested without a doctor's reference.

Also, those who travel abroad can get tested for money (also at the airport). 

7 hours ago, optimista said:

The post-mortems show there is a high incidence of clots even when the clots themselves are not the principle cause of death.

Other infectious diseases also cause clots, e.g. typhoid, AIDs, etc.   Just like "long COVID", coagulation disorders are not unique to COVID-19.

For reference:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6848062/

You anti-vax plague rats can do whatever the fuck you want on your own time, but first give the rest of us a chance to get the vaccine and protect ourselves against your freedumbs.

Maybe the whole anti-vax movement is just a Russian/Chinese pushed conspiracy to reduce the general health of western nations over time. 

All the people buying in to the anti-vax thing are just scared and looking for a way to cope in an ever changing world. 

On 4/18/2021, 11:39:38, MikeMelga said:

But wouldn't it be better just to eradicate it, like we have done or partially done with other diseases?

Sounds good. But we've never managed to eradicate flu even though people get flu shots every year. Is it really worth spending so much time, effort and lockdowns on a disease that most people survive ? 

13 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

You anti-vax plague rats can do whatever the fuck you want on your own time, but first give the rest of us a chance to get the vaccine and protect ourselves against your freedumbs.

If someone puts the risk of death from a shark attack or bee-sting in perspective are they shark attack deniers or anti-sting kit nuts?   🤡

It is pretty safe to go swimming in the ocean or walk in a flower garden for most people.  

My guess is that you will still be masking and social distancing after you get your vaccine and blaming the skeptics for the dystopia you have cheered on. 

7 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

All the people buying in to it are just scared and looking for a way to cope in an ever changing world. 

Agreed.    It is 3-4 times more deadly than the seasonal flu.   The hysteria is unbelievable.     

6 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

Maybe the whole anti-vax movement is just a Russian/Chinese pushed conspiracy to reduce the general health of western nations over time. 

All the people buying in to it are just scared and looking for a way to cope in an ever changing world. 

:lol:Because Russia and China = 'Bad', the US and the West = 'Good' - right ???

That western propaganda sure works .

47 minutes ago, Jonny said:

But we've never managed to eradicate flu even though people get flu shots every year.

My guess would be less than half get the flu jab. Probably even less. People didn't just suddenly become anti-vaxxers.