How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

897 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, optimista said:

They wouldn't dare to have an official policy, written or otherwise. But at the end of the day it's individuals who have the power to implement lists on the ground as they see fit. Men in uniforms. With a little bit of power. As you found out when it came to getting on a flight. Someone has to be last of course. And it stinks. Sadly, it's the way of the world.

AFAIR it wasn't to the men on the ground to decide whether non-citigens were getting on a flight. It was official policy to prioritize citizens.

I’m in my 30s and in Berlin and got my letter a couple of weeks ago (first available slot was mid-June). People in this age group are invited under certain medical conditions. The other way which is common for this age group is if you are nominated by a pregnant woman. They can nominate two people to be vaccinated as they are not permitted to have it in Germany.

My company has been been fighting for this for the past months!

3 hours ago, evildudette said:

I’m in my 30s and in Berlin and got my letter a couple of weeks ago (first available slot was mid-June). People in this age group are invited under certain medical conditions. The other way which is common for this age group is if you are nominated by a pregnant woman. They can nominate two people to be vaccinated as they are not permitted to have it in Germany.

I don't even know when there is a slot available.  I registered and now I am on a waiting list and that's all I know.  I helped someone register a month ago and she's also on the waiting list.  No news there.  Asked my GP if they vaccinate and they said they will start at some point and offered me to go on their waiting list as well.

People who are elderly or sick and need help to care for themselves can also nominate two contact persons to be vaccinated, at least here in NS.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

Where are they planning on getting the vaccines? From the quota for the vaccination centres or the doctors' offices? Or do they have a way to source additional vaccines? 

On 4/4/2021, 12:41:02, yourkeau said:

There is already an Israel mutation, however, it is "safe", i.e. neither more contagious nor more deadly than the original Wuhan strain. 

The dominant strain in Israel is British. 

In the meantime, Pfizer reports the vaccine to be effective for all teens >12 y.o. Israel will start inoculation as soon as FDA and EMA approve clinical trials (approximately in May). 

Leftists would say that "EU imperialists are experimenting on poor people with unproven vaccine". 

Why do you mention Israel in every other post? Not interesting.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I've pushed HR and my useless Betriebsrat on this topic. They are now also looking on it.

1 hour ago, engelchen said:

Where are they planning on getting the vaccines? From the quota for the vaccination centres or the doctors' offices? Or do they have a way to source additional vaccines? 

I only know from our live stream townhall meeting our CEOs are talking to the company doctor about this, as we are system critical.

5 minutes ago, Metall said:

I only know from our live stream townhall meeting our CEOs are talking to the company doctor about this, as we are system critical.

My employer is currently in discussions with the workers' council regarding who is system critical and setting up a priority list. It is kind of a mess from what I hear. However, they can't begin until they have vaccines and at the moment there are still not enough to go around. 

I know that Söder made a deal with the Russians to produce Sputnik V in (and receive doses for) Bavaria, however, he also said he was waiting for official approval of the drug.

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

I've pushed HR and my useless Betriebsrat on this topic. They are now also looking on it.

It seems that it might not be a good idea to deliver the BioNtech/Pfizer vaccine to doctors outside the vaccination centers. According to a survey among pharmacists there were problems in about 30 % of cases.

A pharmacist reports that handling in a vaccination center is quite different. There, only one vial is ever brought to the laboratory in vibration-protected boxes and, after reconstitution on vibration-free trays, carried very carefully on foot to the doctors by an assistant. ... Edit: the following refers to handling outside vaccination centers: The delivery of the vaccines is not done separately, but with the normal daily route, during which the boxes are stacked on top of each other and usually placed relatively roughly on the floor.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Source: https://www.doccheck.com/de/detail/articles/32530-biontech-vakzin-geschuettelte-vials-und-fehlende-spritzen

1 hour ago, McDee said:

Yourkeau lives in Israel.  There is no option for Israel in the location menu, so Asia is the closest choice.

2 hours ago, McDee said:

You mentioning the mentioning is also not interesting.Also dumb throwing the insult at the end especially now someones answered you and you look an idiot.

If he mentions it in nearly every post that means you´ve read many of them which would mean you would know he lives in Israel.

18 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Wow. Chill out. Carry on enjoying your Saturday. Don't call me or anyone else an idiot. Not cool and Goodbye. 

On 4/4/2021, 12:41:02, yourkeau said:

There is already an Israel mutation, however, it is "safe", i.e. neither more contagious nor more deadly than the original Wuhan strain. 

The dominant strain in Israel is British. 

In the meantime, Pfizer reports the 

3 hours ago, McDee said:

This is the thread started by an antivaxxer promoting agenda that vaccines are dangerous. Israel currently is a COVID vaccination leader with 5 million people received both doses of the vaccine (the total population is 9.3 million). In addition, most of those 5 million received only one type of vaccine, Pfizer/BioNTech. So, this country can provide the most reliable statistics about COVID-19 vaccine safety and its efficacy, at least for now. In addition, Israel can show the world if there is light in the end of the tunnel, i.e. if this pandemic can be finally stopped in the nearest future.

If this is not interesting to you, what are you doing in this thread?

31 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

So, this country can provide the most reliable statistics about COVID-19 vaccine safety and its efficacy

But only for Biontech.

Chile is having great success with one of the Chinese vaccines - I think Sinovac.

58 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

But only for Biontech.

Chile is having great success with one of the Chinese vaccines - I think Sinovac.

Yes, sure, only for Biontech, but also for m-RNA vaccines in general, since for the first time this technology is used on mass scale. It is not "experimental", though: the research is 25 years old.

From your link-

But Prof Bueno, who analyses scientific data from trials with the CoronaVac, is adamant that the data shows that it works.

She says in the trial that showed an efficacy rate of around 50% many of those who got infected only had very mild symptoms or were asymptomatic. She stresses that the important thing is that no-one in the trial needed to go into intensive care.

She insists CoronaVac prevents deaths and severe illness and is also proving effective against the Brazilian variant.