How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

905 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, warsteiner70 said:

It is frustrating though especially with family/friends in the UK being vaccinated and things being relaxed over there and talk of everything being completely relaxed by 21st June whereas here in DE we are in the middle of the 3rd wave with things probably going to be getting worse over the next few weeks.

I wouldn"t be so optimistic about everything being relaxed by June.

It is a matter of time until a new highly contagious vaccine resistant German or French strain emerges. Israel is already ordering doses for this new strain.

On 3/31/2021, 9:39:48, warsteiner70 said:

It is frustrating though especially with family/friends in the UK being vaccinated and things being relaxed over there and talk of everything being completely relaxed by 21st June whereas here in DE we are in the middle of the 3rd wave with things probably going to be getting worse over the next few weeks.

I have problems considering all of this a failure. EU gave away half its production to 3rd world countries. This will reduce the number of future mutations.

Problem is, UK and Israel transformed this into a populist contest! It's the wise guys parade!

The gap between EU and UK will drop dramatically till summer. We need to keep the eye on the target, not on the short term.

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Future mutations are happening everywhere - not only in the 3rd world.

There is already an Israel mutation, however, it is "safe", i.e. neither more contagious nor more deadly than the original Wuhan strain. 

The dominant strain in Israel is British. 

In the meantime, Pfizer reports the vaccine to be effective for all teens >12 y.o. Israel will start inoculation as soon as FDA and EMA approve clinical trials (approximately in May). 

I have problems considering all of this a failure. EU gave away half its production to 3rd world countries. This will reduce the number of future mutations.

Leftists would say that "EU imperialists are experimenting on poor people with unproven vaccine". 

On 5.4.2021, 17:23:02, catjones said:

The numbers speak for themselves.

Capture.JPG

How many vaccines has the US and UK given to 3rd world countries? There lies the difference.

When there isn't enough to go round, charity begins at home, surely. That doesn't mean I like our sadly imperfect world.

1 hour ago, optimista said:

When there isn't enough to go round, charity begins at home, surely. That doesn't mean I like our sadly imperfect world.

Not necessarily a good idea in a pandemic. Allows more dangerous mutations to develop and thrive in unprotected populations.

But we have better options for isolation than countries where vast numbers of people live in for example shanty towns.

The UK and US are very individualist. I do not see this as a plus. 

The UK has given money most generously to the Covax campaign to buy jabs for countries which cannot buy their own, but when the vaccine is in short supply, it comes over as less philanthropic.

So in the countries where vast numbers of people live in shanty towns, you would expect the pandemic to be worse, more people dying etc. It doesn't seem to be the case. Strange.

I thought the refugee camps would be decimated. They don't seem to be - or at least it's not reported. Again, quite odd.

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I thought the refugee camps would be decimated. They don't seem to be - or at least it's not reported.

I remember reports (last year already) of refugee homes in Germany with more than 100 infections but almost all mild or asymptomatic. At the time the speculation was that this was to be explained by the young age of the residents.

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

How many vaccines has the US and UK given to 3rd world countries? There lies the difference.

Not sure what your point is.

Thanks for that, BethAnn! I suppose the figures don’t by themselves break down the number of vaccinations that can be offered because that will depend which vaccinations countries are using and their costs.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

The US has given $4 billion to the covax program so far. That's pretty generous.

It's not about the money. It's about giving the vaccines from stock!

The vast majority of vaccines sent through the COVAX program came from EU!

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

t's not about the money. It's about giving the vaccines from stock!

The "money" pays for the "vaccine".

It's always about the money.