How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

829 posts in this topic

In France they have set up vaccination centres. The one near me is booked out for the next month. They plan fewer than 900 appointments over the next 28 days. Which means they must be doing a massive 30 - thirty - jabs a day. 

Kid you not. WTF.

National emergency à la francaise ?? And they say the English don't panic...

9 hours ago, cybil said:

Personally, I would like to have the real covid-19 test (not the latest at home kit type) to see if I unknowingly already have the antibodies before I say sure, I want that double dose vaccine. Why waste vaccine others need when you already have unwittingly had covid anyway? Shouldn't we all get a proper test before a jab?

I just ran across this article about being vaccinated after already having had covid.

With over 40 million Americans now fully vaccinated against COVID-19, it's no secret that the shots can lead to unpleasant side effects such as fever, headache, body aches and fatigue. But while initial research suggested that individuals were more likely to experience these symptoms after the second dose, experts now say that those who previously had COVID-19 — whether knowingly or not — may end up reacting more strongly to the first dose.

One study released in early February from Bar-Ilan University in Israel found that the immune response created after the first dose of vaccine in those who previously had COVID-19 was "so effective" that it "opens the debate as to whether one dose of the vaccine may suffice." Another study published in the Lancet found a 140-fold increase in antibodies after the first vaccine among those who had previously had a COVID-19 infection versus those who hadn't.

the rest

I look at it this way..

What are the bad things that can happen to me if I have the vaccination?

What are the chances thy happen to me?

What are the effects?

This is risk stuff that anyone who has done a business course will have seen. It's a simple form though (it can get very complicated).

Now, what are my chances of getting covid, what bad things could happen to me (and their individual chances) and what would the effects be.

At present the AZ vaccination has something like a 17 in how many million chance of killing me, what are the chances with covid?  

With non lethal effects, same.

I could just lock myself away until we get so many people vaccinated that my chances of being infected are very slim.

The place we are in now is one we wouldn't usually be in. This is all basically like a windows/office launch or update cycle. We just aren't used to with vaccines.

Due to how this whole thing is affecting people's lives, it seems to me we are part of what would have been a part of the whole test phase normally.

Maybe next time the virus is super deadly and things look more black/white and less complicated.  Let's hope not though... 

4 hours ago, cb6dba said:

Maybe next time the virus is super deadly and things look more black/white and less complicated. 

"South America and Central America and Africa, parts of Southeast and South Asia, the Middle East, Iran — a lot of those countries aren't going to have anywhere near the amount of vaccine that they'll need to get to herd immunity," he said.

"The virus is going to keep mutating through all those infections. That to me is the risk. You get another couple of billion people to be infected over the next couple of years, that gives the virus that many opportunities to mutate and change its protein coding and start to maybe escape antibodies. If that happens, maybe we'll need annual shots."

With 2.7 million dead, it seems pretty black and white to me.

7 hours ago, catjones said:

"South America and Central America and Africa, parts of Southeast and South Asia, the Middle East, Iran — a lot of those countries aren't going to have anywhere near the amount of vaccine that they'll need to get to herd immunity," he said.

"The virus is going to keep mutating through all those infections. That to me is the risk. You get another couple of billion people to be infected over the next couple of years, that gives the virus that many opportunities to mutate and change its protein coding and start to maybe escape antibodies. If that happens, maybe we'll need annual shots."

With 2.7 million dead, it seems pretty black and white to me.

I said way back that this will eventually just become the new flu. Best case we get to immunize kids like we do against measles etc.

On 3/19/2021, 11:40:42, cb6dba said:

Maybe next time the virus is super deadly and things look more black/white and less complicated.  Let's hope not though... 

No, over time I think it will tend to be less deadly but potentially more transmissible. 

My reasonings are historic on one side. It has been like that for other virus.

The other is simple "evolution" logic.

Let's see this example:

- Country A cases are mostly driven by a very contagious and deadly variant

- Country B cases are mostly driven by a very contagious but not very deadly variant

What will happen? Let's assume both variants are equally contagious. What will happen is that Country A will enter lockdown, while country B won't, or at least not on same level. Meaning Variant B will become dominant. Not only that, there is a good chance that temporary immunity from B would protect from A. Eventually it could happen that a non fatal variant could contaminate us all and leave no room for others.

My mid/long term perspective is that this will be under control by mid/end of summer and every year we will receive supplemental shots.

BTW, mRNA is incredibly good for fighting variations. You can devise a new vaccine in a few days. So I think large countries will keep industrial capacity to immunize the whole country in 3 months.

On 3/19/2021, 11:52:24, cb6dba said:

I said way back that this will eventually just become the new flu. Best case we get to immunize kids like we do against measles etc.

Why immunize kids against the new 'flu' when it doesn't affect them ?

I'm holding in my hand right now, my son's yellow WHO vaccination booklet. Reading the back it tells you at what age you should be vaccinated against certain illnesses. The last part is for 'over 60s' and it's only there that it mentions flu/pneumonia vaccinations. If over 60s and vulnerable people get vaccinated against Covid , why on earth would you want to vaccinate children against something that doesn't affect them directly ?

9 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm holding in my hand right now, my son's yellow WHO vaccination booklet. Reading the back it tells you at what age you should be vaccinated against certain illnesses. The last part is for 'over 60s' and it's only there that it mentions flu/pneumonia vaccinations. If over 60s and vulnerable people get vaccinated against Covid , why on earth would you want to vaccinate children against something that doesn't affect them directly ?

On 3/19/2021, 5:43:55, catjones said:

If that happens, maybe we'll need annual shots."

What are you talking about? The covid vaccines aren´t even approved for children.

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

The info I've seen is that they can carry it. That makes them a danger to anyone who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason.

As kids are basically the mating ground of any virus/infection (I can literally match my kids school start each year to my sickness record from work, seriously, all my sick days are in the first 3 months of each school year) stopping them being any infection vector is going to have to be done. 

They are everywhere, on the tram, in the supermarket. The only place we could get away from them is bars, and they've all closed :lol: 

The webpage for vaccination registration now shows priority! Check your priortiy there! Should look like this:

priority.png.f0cd2a8138acb716067d96dc5aa

I also advice you to review the list of risk conditions, because they already changed it a couple of times, so perhaps you now qualify for higher prio.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

The CDC in the US already recommends that children age 6 months+ receive an annual flu vaccination.  In 2019 the state of MA became the first to make it mandatory for entry to public school.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1920estimates.htm

Covid vaccines for children are in the process of being developed because they can contract it and spread it, even in the absence of symptoms.  When it becomes available then we can expect annually tweaked jabs for kids as well as adults.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-outbreak-and-kids

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

The webpage for vaccination registration now shows priority! Check your priortiy there! Should look like this:

priority.png.f0cd2a8138acb716067d96dc5aa

I also advice you to review the list of risk conditions, because they already changed it a couple of times, so perhaps you now qualify for higher prio.

Good advice. I got bumped up to group 2 last week by doing this.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Good advice. I got bumped up to group 2 last week by doing this.

BW website still showing

Derzeit keine Onlinebuchung von Impfterminen

Aufgrund des Impfstopps für das Vakzin von AstraZeneca besteht derzeit in Baden-Württemberg keine Möglichkeit zur Onlinebuchung von Impfterminen.

Für die Abarbeitung der Warteliste wird das Terminbuchungssystem zunächst bis einschließlich Montag, 22. März, geschlossen. Für diese Zeit können weder telefonisch noch online Termine in den Impfzentren gebucht werden.

Its the 22nd but this online and phone just dauer besetzt.

Judging by the above closure that would seem to mean that BW only has the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

I`m not sure what it`s like with other Bundeslands but BW seems to be utter shit at this vaccine rollout.

I presume despite the backlog it will still be closed over Easter and weekends.

Been reading about herd immunity threshold. It seems 70% might not be required. Something between 50-70% might be enough.

I think Israel will show how much is needed in the next 2-3 weeks. Numbers have been dropping really fast and they have barely reached 60%.

Perhaps we can have a well deserved summer.

50% of Israeli population fully vaccinated today (4.656 million)

https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general?utm_source=go.gov.il&utm_medium=referral

However, out of 9.291 million only 5.996 are eligible (16+ age, were not sick with Corona), and we are getting close to full vaccination rate. However, this is very far from herd immunity, so still waiting for clinical trials for children. 

Hmmm. looking at the poll at the top of the page, 19 people voted for the option "I  will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet. "

A year or so? You should be so lucky! :)

All my family in Blighty have been immunised without any side effects.

I just wish it would go quicker here in Germany.

On 29.3.2021, 18:22:51, clickety6 said:

Hmmm. looking at the poll at the top of the page, 19 people voted for the option "I  will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet. "

A year or so? You should be so lucky! :)

This sounds about right actually. It's going so slow in Germany... I just want to get it over and done with.

According to the news (https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundheit/corona-impfungen-deutschland-impfquote-impffortschritt-aktuelle-karte) we should be expecting 17m doses in April, which is more than the total received from Jan - Mar so things should start to pick up pretty quickly.

It is frustrating though especially with family/friends in the UK being vaccinated and things being relaxed over there and talk of everything being completely relaxed by 21st June whereas here in DE we are in the middle of the 3rd wave with things probably going to be getting worse over the next few weeks.