How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,815 posts in this topic

The general problem is that these one-question polls with multiple answers are always biased, as you can dilute your unfavoured option to make it look less.

Ideally you would have multiple questions and each one with only 2 possible answers: Yes or No.

Example:

Q1: Will you trust the vaccine with your life? Y/N

Q2: Will you take the vaccine when offered? Y/N

28 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

On the other extreme we have very developed countries who lost contact with reality.

indeed.  Germany has managed the crisis so well that people still take to the streets screeching that there IS no crisis.  I think that's why the news has to constantly keep reminding us that we are just keeping this thing at bay, not actually beating it, and that in other countries, it's worse.

I think a lot of people--provided they were willing to change their minds--could be edified by watching some more of these "corona-specials" in the news that focus on the work being done in the hospitals themselves.  Of course, they'll ignore the enormous human cost of the disease and go on about the "economy", as if there will be anyone left to run it once all the medical professionals are dead or traumatized and half the population isn't able to finish a sentence or walk up a hill.

It's messed up.  You do too good a job at managing the crisis, idiots think there never was a crisis.  You do a bad job at managing the crisis, get yelled at for not protecting the populace.  I truly do not envy policy makers at this moment in history.  Even scarier is what happens next election season, the people that protected us might be out of a job while the ones who screamed "which crisis?!?" get more influence.  Terrifying.

38 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Why do you insist on throwing me under the bus at every given opportunity?  Here it looks like "management" equals "dessa" which is also fucking annoying.

And to be honest, when you take every single chance to malign the "management" (which evidently in your eyes includes me) it certainly doesn't motivate me personally to move an inch in the direction you want.

He asked a question to me and that was your answer.  Seriously.  What the fuck, Jeff.

Sorry, I was trying to be droll, but I should have been more specific.

In my definition: Management = people who get paid = Editor Bob and the site owners.

AFAIK you're still a volunteer.

6 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

It's messed up.  You do too good a job at managing the crisis, idiots think there never was a crisis.  You do a bad job at managing the crisis, get yelled at for not protecting the populace.  I truly do not envy policy makers at this moment in history.  Even scarier is what happens next election season, the people that protected us might be out of a job while the ones who screamed "which crisis?!?" get more influence.  Terrifying.

As far as the election part goes, just the opposite happened in the US of A. The people that didn't protect us are out of a job.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

As far as the election part goes, just the opposite happened in the US of A. The people that didn't protect us are out of a job.

You're right, just because they're noisy, doesn't mean Querdenker are necessarily in the majority.

I'm still concerned that they got more adherents than they had before, and the German system is different than the US two-party system.

4 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I am very concerned at the tone of the questions of this so called survey they seem to be Antivax to me as well as being bad English!

I will take the cheap shot and point out that the sentence above complaining about bad English is not exemplary English.  ;) 

On a semi-serious note

As i don't get an annual flu shot and refuse to take even aspirin or ibuprofen outside of extreme circumstances, i won't be lining up to get the vaccine.   Thus I did not vote.

One possibility that should not be dismissed is that in this non-robust poll, there is a significant chunk of TTers taking the "second mouse gets the cheese" strategy.   They will listen to science but quickly move to the back of the line when it comes to actually getting the shot.  

As these vaccines are among the first mRNA vaccines to be administered so widely, and approval processes have been "accelerated", it will be interesting to see how things turn out.  

25 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

The general problem is that these one-question polls with multiple answers are always biased, as you can dilute your unfavoured option to make it look less.

Ideally you would have multiple questions and each one with only 2 possible answers: Yes or No.

Example:

Would go with:

1. plan to get vaccinated asap

2. plan to get vaccinated after seeing 6 months of outcomes

3. ...   12 months

4. ...   18 months

5.  ...   longer time

6. plan to avoid vaccination.

29 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Example:

At my uni there was an entire half a semester module on how to phase questions to get the answer you want...

I work in IT and deal with new development and getting that and change sin to production.

There is a quite a conversation going on in my head about this topic.

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

There is a quite a conversation going on in my head about this topic.

Wouldn't waste your time thinking about it too much!

There are several thoughts in my mind on this topic as a pharma researcher! When I read "doctors are learning about covid..." in the questions, I thought "WTF have they got to do with it?"

We have to accept there are some here who aren't interested in the thread topics they contribute to. 

24 minutes ago, dom said:

We have to accept there are some here who aren't interested in the thread topics they contribute to. 

Very, very true...

Yeah I will likely get the vaccine unless I have a condition that precludes it, or the vaccine is found to be terrible in whatever way. Still, I'd like to see how people take to the vaccine first. It's like being a first adopter for a new operating system. I'm not necessarily willing to risk it as much with my body.

BTW do you all also get the flu vaccine?

41 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

BTW do you all also get the flu vaccine?

I do!

Yes at some point I will get it. I am extremely lucky in that my life does not involve a lot of contact with "general public" so I was only within 3m of others once or twice a week before Covid and I aim for less than that now! That allows me to plan and avoid being anywhere that may bring me in contact with anyone infectious without too much hassle. I will be travelling to UK more often from spring and at least 3 people that I will see are high risk, so I do have to be very careful, so once what I think will be a big rush is over than I will have it, just that right now I am letting others go first and keeping myself as safe as I can until then.

Actually, I did not answer the question. 

I would volunteer for vaccine testing before it is allowed to be used in public (either as a virus carrier patient or control group, depending on my situation) if offered to. Today I donated my blood for science (to the cancer researchers), for example.  

People who volunteer for testing are called "volunteers", not rats. Some respect to them should be granted. 

18 minutes ago, SusieT said:

so once what I think will be a big rush is over than I will have it, just that right now I am letting others go first and keeping myself as safe as I can until then.

I'm not sure how the distribution will work other than first responders and high risk people getting it first. I wonder what happens when it's one's turn and one says, nah, I'll wait until later. I wonder if one will just get a second chance to get it  at one's leisure or will one be put at the back of the line.

Hmmmm.

One more interesting detail from Moderna vaccine: the efficacy of not contracting the virus was 94%, but the efficacy in terms of preventing serious complications was 100%!

Anyone have a reasonable idea whether you will be able to have the Covid jab and the flu jab within a short time of each other?

51 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm not sure how the distribution will work other than first responders and high risk people getting it first. I wonder what happens when it's one's turn and one says, nah, I'll wait until later. I wonder if one will just get a second chance to get it  at one's leisure or will one be put at the back of the line.

Hmmmm.

The question also arises- will it be mandatory? I certainly expect it to be the case in the near future to be able to travel from country A to B. 
As others have pointed out, mandatory jabs have always been around for visits to certain parts of the world anyway.