How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   132 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,108 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Being sceptical of a new vaccine is not the same as being anti vaxx.

That was true before Covid but now you dare not question the new vaccines or you're labelled anti vax. 

I'm hoping to get my tetanus booster this week, but because I've asked questions about the coronavaccines I'm labelled as anti vax. Just a sad fact of life. 

29 minutes ago, Metall said:

I would apply the same reasoning to booster shots, to be honest.

I would be concerned if there will be a booster effect at all if using a different vaccine...

...hoping there will be a study soon.

Not sure I follow.  The vaccinations use two slightly different methods to train your immune system to identify the protein spikes on the virus.

While it's not recommended to mix the first vaccinations as the second reinforces the first's "information" then going forward the boosters are most likely to deal with variants ie those that show different or new protein spikes so unless the virus becomes a totally different virus then all your doing is providing new information to your immune system about variations in the spike proteins from the baseline.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Will I be married to the first one I get?

Young lady, my advice to you is to first play the field. 

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Actually, I wasn't referring to the second shot that one must get with all vaccines other than J & J. I'm talking about booster shots further down the road. From what I read, the vaccines only last for some months and then we will need a booster the same as with flu shots.

added to the other comments, the answer, for now, is that your concern has not been tested so no results can be offered.  the same has been said (by Dr. Fauci) for mixing dose 1 and 2.

3 hours ago, snowingagain said:

The elderly have a higher risk of thrombosis than women of childbearing age.

I doubt that. It´s not what I remember (and I´m too lazy to verify). All else being equal, of course.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

the original virus can kill you.

chasing variants is a chase that never ends.  I wonder what it takes to be named COVID20 or COVID21 instead of just a variant.

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

From the article linked:

The incidence of COVID-19 among the vaccine group was 731 per 1,000 person-years, compared with 93.6 per 1,000 person-years among the placebo group, for the efficacy of 21.9%.

Scratching my head over this. Is anyone proofreading yahoo articles?

Clearly not. Much of what is out there is poor shit exposing the limitations of the feeble incompetents that pass for the creme of society (blimey this should be in the rant thread). I used to proof read the nonsense of a very highly paid Danish lawyer in a European institution. Incomprehensible drivel of the sort you quote. And then worked with "academics" who actually could not string a coherent sentence together let alone have proper thought processes. Yeah, their thoughts were so complex they could not express them clearly... hmm... Those people are getting paid good money for analysis and writing articles that get then published. You just came up with some nice proof.

On 3/17/2021, 3:03:28, Jonny said:

That was true before Covid but now you dare not question the new vaccines or you're labelled anti vax. 

There is a ton of information of this vaccine available, including clinical trials results.

The research on mRNA vaccines is public, it is 30 years old.

If you distrust this despite reading all the available information, you probably believe that scientists and pharma companies want to kill you, because what is the other reason for that?

Children want:

1. Vaccine with zero side effects;

2. Available from tomorrow;

3. With 100% efficacy.

Adults understand that our knowledge is limited. You are free to spend a decade on your education and then join Pfizer to develop vaccines (or start your own company).

Adults understand that vaccine is better than disease, and to end this pandemic we need to get the jab.

Alternative: new mutations, further lockdowns, collapse of the healthcare system, economic crisis.

6 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

If you distrust this despite reading all the available information, you probably believe that scientists and pharma companies want to kill you, because what is the other reason for that?

After reading the info available and as woman in the 30-50 age bracket, I won't be lining up for Astra Zeneca. This does make me antivax, but just risk averse. At the moment it is difficult to estimate how the vaccination campaign will continue, but I'd be willing to wait an extra month or two if it meant I could get Biontech or Moderna. 

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I have heard but have no proof that if you refuse a vaccine, you go to the back of the line.

Maybe in your Bundesland.

In Berlin you get a code in the mail that you use to make an appointment. Under the current rules I'm not yet eligible for a code, however, I hear that they might be changing the priorities again soon. I'm going to wait and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

risk averse

2 hours ago, engelchen said:

I'd be willing to wait an extra month or two

4 hours ago, engelchen said:

Maybe in your Bundesland.

In Berlin you get a code in the mail that you use to make an appointment. Under the current rules I'm not yet eligible for a code, however, I hear that they might be changing the priorities again soon. I'm going to wait and see what happens. 

You get the code to book the termin.

When or if you eventually get the termin it will also tell you what vaccine you will get.If you then turn that down you will need to book another termin,you cannot keep the same termin and ask for a different vaccine.

Personally, I would like to have the real covid-19 test (not the latest at home kit type) to see if I unknowingly already have the antibodies before I say sure, I want that double dose vaccine. Why waste vaccine others need when you already have unwittingly had covid anyway? Shouldn't we all get a proper test before a jab?

7 minutes ago, cybil said:

Personally, I would like to have the real covid-19 test (not the latest at home kit type) to see if I unknowingly already have the antibodies before I say sure, I want that double dose vaccine. Why waste vaccine others need when you already have unwittingly had covid anyway? Shouldn't we all get a proper test before a jab?

There are people who've had covid more than once and it's speculated that the vaccine gives you a more stable and/or longer lasting immunity.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

There are people who've had covid more than once...

Such as my niece last year in UK...  Second time worse than the first.