How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

903 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

Why are you publishing this in the vaccine thread? Covid treatment drug, however effective it is, is not a replacement for the vaccine. 

If you read the latest report, it's not just a treatment. It can be used for prevention. That's a huge development that could help thousands of vulnerable people in countries that will maybe not get the vaccine on time or can't afford it. Ivermectin is a cheap and well established drug that's been around for years - so why not encourage its use ?

7 hours ago, bennetn said:

Mainly becuaes their idiot leadership were making uninformed statements about its efficacy.

I´m not aware of any politician who said that (at least in Germany). I blame the media´s sensationalism.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I´m not aware of any politician who said that (at least in Germany). I blame the media´s sensationalism.

Police commissioner, top health fella...all came out swinging about Oxford when they would have been better leaving ito the actual scientists.

I met a woman, who otherwise is not yet qualified to get her vaccination.  She volunteered at one of the large, US drive-thru sites and for eight hours of her time directing traffic, she'll get her first vaccination.  She will then be automatically scheduled for the second...Pfizer.

19 hours ago, bennetn said:

We are you getting these figures as the last released figures were a average of 175.000 per day - working day - nowhere near the 1.4m doses mentioned

I think that may be the supply numbers but it's not what's going into people's arms.

Yesterday was 237.360.

Last week was 1.458.607. So the average for last week was 208.372. Considering only working days, it was 224.258.

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-impfungen-deutschland-bundeslaender-weltweit/

I think people are now overreacting to the whole problem. It's getting better. Yest, it was slow, but mainly due to vaccine shortage and stupid decisions regarding witholding the second dose. It improved dramatically in the past 2 weeks. This week we should have around 1.6M-1.8M vaccinations. Target should be 5M per week. This can be achieved by end of April with a 25% increase per week.

If you look on that page you can see there are huge quantities of vaccines in stock, mainly Astrazeneca. So if they change their policy a bit (and they already started doing), this can speed up a lot. We are still 3x slower than we should.

Thanks for the link.  I don't think it's fair to say people are overreactin, if you're in a risk group, it's important to know what the plans are.  As it is, the plans are vague at best and downright incompetent at worst.

Meanwhile it's easier for the EU to blame the actual companies who will get us out of this mess rather than address the issues of their own making.

My point is time-wise. Now it's moving, the criticism is no longer valid to the extent it was taken. Still, there are small changes, like not holding the second dose, that can speed it up a lot.

Well it is, as it's stll no quick enough.  IF you haven't been vaccinated then it's an issue timewise.

7 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Now it's moving, the criticism is no longer valid to the extent it was taken

Yes 2m per week after this many weeks is exceptional.

16 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yes 2m per week after this many weeks is exceptional.

It's increasing 25-30% since 2 weeks. Before, it was barely increasing. It's the difference between velocity and acceleration.

EDIT: here are the percentual increases since beginning of the year. See how it was basically stuck for most of February.

42%
47%
24%
22%
5%
5%
23%

30%

11 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

It's increasing 25-30% since 2 weeks. Before, it was barely increasing. It's the difference between velocity and acceleration.

EDIT: here are the percentual increases since beginning of the year. See how it was basically stuck for most of February.

42%
47%
24%
22%
5%
5%
23%

30%

Yes but if you follow the trend the increases are going to fall off a cliff after another 2 months.The 2 x 5% may be an outlier or they may become the norm.

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yes but if you follow the trend the increases are going to fall off a cliff after another 2 months.The 2 x 5% may be an outlier or they may become the norm.

Let's see, so far this week shows 12% increase. A sustained 10% increase will also take us there, but it means full speed will only be achieve by end of May instead of end of April.

Hungary said on Thursday it was paying the equivalent of about $37.50 per dose for Chinese company Sinopharm's COVID-19 vaccine and $9.95 per dose for the Russian Sputnik-V vaccine, adding it was publishing the purchase contracts to push for more transparency.

"Hungary's government stands for making vaccine contracts public," Prime Minister Viktor Orban's chief of staff Gergely Gulyas wrote on Facebook, attaching 30 pages of documents that appeared to be the vaccine contracts.

"We ask the European Commission that it also publish the contracts signed by Brussels," Gulyas added.

Hungary was the first EU nation to buy and use Chinese or Russian jabs and initially came under fire for its separate approval process and negotiations for the vaccines. More recently, several European countries have also expressed interest in buying those vaccines as shipments from Western suppliers lagged.

Hungary used multiple suppliers to secure the most vaccines per capita in the EU, and also inoculated the highest number of people per capita in Europe, according to data from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).

It has only used 65% of its available vaccines as supply has risen in recent weeks.

the rest

On 10.3.2021, 20:33:49, MikeMelga said:

42%
47%
24%
22%
5%
5%
23%

30%

For completeness, last week was 15%. Anything above 10% is good.

5% per week gets us full speed in beginning of October, herd immunity by December.

10% per week gets us full speed in beginning of June, herd immunity by mid September.

15% per week gets us full speed in end of May, herd immunity by end of August.

20% per week gets us full speed in beginning of May, herd immunity by mid of August.

I'm assuming that no more than 6M vaccines can be given per week for this scenario.

I also had a missing value there. The complete list is:

42%
46%
24%
1%
21%
5%
5%
24%
31%

15%

Time to re-calculate... Germany is halting AstraZeneca vaccinations

Germany has fully vaccinated 3.3% and single dosed 7.3%.

The US state that has done the least (Georgia) has 9.7% and 15.7% while the US overall is 11.3% and 21% with Pfizer being the predominant vaccine.

The Death Rate (Total COVID Deaths/Total COVID Cases) in the US is 1.8%, in the EU it's 2.4%.

Germany now seeing the benefit of halting vaccination vs critiscm of the program and halted vaccinations

No evidence but yet another nail in the non EU vaccine rollout.