How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,971 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

The reality on the ground: 1 doctor gives 4 shots per hour. 

We were there on Saturday and now I understand why: burocracy! Despite filling in an online document, you have 4 or 5 forms to fill in there, and some of them require the doctor to help you! The whole process took 1h15 minutes!

On the upside, there were probably 4x more empty cabins than used, which means in terms of space it can expand easily.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

President Biden recently said enough vaccine for all adult citizens would be available by end of April.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be a good idea to fly to the US in May, stay with relatives, and get the jab there!

What you guys think - totally crazy or feasible?

Do they vaccinate all citizens regardless of insurance status?

Anyway, it's Pfizer or Moderna like in Israel, you need to take a 1 month vacation (or fly twice). 

1 hour ago, Metall said:

President Biden recently said enough vaccine for all adult citizens would be available by end of April.

I'm starting to wonder if it would be a good idea to fly to the US in May, stay with relatives, and get the jab there!

What you guys think - totally crazy or feasible?

It's not crazy.  Many places are on the 55+ group already.  All of my 65+ friends and family, all over the country, are all already vaccinated.  I'm practicing patience.  🙏  No sense stewing about it.

16 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Do they vaccinate all citizens regardless of insurance status?

Anyway, it's Pfizer or Moderna like in Israel, you need to take a 1 month vacation (or fly twice).

Actually, the Johnson&Johnson vaccine is supposed to only one jab. :)

9 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It's not crazy.  Many places are on the 55+ group already.  All of my 65+ friends and family, all over the country, are all already vaccinated.  I'm practicing patience.  🙏  No sense stewing about it.

To ask yourkeau's question of your friends - do you pay for it yourself if you don't have health insurance in the US? Do you even get it then?

39 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The vaccination is supposed to be free for all Americans.

Only for Americans? Or residents?

24 minutes ago, jeba said:

Only for Americans? Or residents?

The vaccinations are free to all those who qualify.  Qualifications, on the other hand, can vary quite a bit.  Some states require residency, some cities do too.  Some states, like Arizona and Nevada have a large presence of "snow birds" people who stay for the winter months.  These people cannot show a "residency" in the strictest sense (they may be renting or staying in an RV), but are not refused registration nor turned away on their appointment date.  These two states give the Pfizer, but as JNJ comes into the supply chain, it too might be available.  It's too early to say what the future vaccine will be.

One friend showed a driver's license ID in Las Vegas to verify his appointment confirmation letter; another in Phoenix just showed the confirmation email...no ID. Most places just want you to get vaccinated and the fewer roadblocks, the better.   My guess, as supplies grow and age limits reduce, you'll just show up at a pharmacy and get the shot like a flu shot.

On 3/3/2021, 8:49:35, LeonG said:

You can't even get an appointment in Niedersachsen.  Their website says they'd like to offer appointments to people over 80 but they don't have vaccine so blah.

Been trying to book one for the wife as although she is not over 70 she is valid because of her COPD and other stuff.

However all I`ve been getting for the past week is no appointments available.Don`t even think of phoning ffs total waste of time that is.

Seems vaccination will pick up the pace from April, with 20 million doses per month. This means before July there should be enough to give at least one dose to 40-50% of the population. Last week we had 1.4M doses, meaning at current rate we are doing 5.6 million per month.

But as it is ramping up at 25% per week, perhaps it is possible to achieve 8 million in March. Even so, to achieve 20M in April you need to more than double. That means 25% increase every week from now till end of April.

Israel vaccinated its five millionth citizen against the coronavirus on Monday as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu predicted that the entire adult population would be inoculated by the end of April.

Netanyahu and Health Minister Yuli Edelstein were on hand on watch as Janet Lavi-Azulay, 34, a pregnant woman from the central city of Petah Tikva, was given her first shot of the two-dose Pfizer-BioNTech vaccination that Israel is using for its immunization program.

Edelstein jovially pointed out that, due to her condition, it was unclear if Lavi-Azulay’s vaccination was number 5,000,000 or 5,000,001.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/5-million-israelis-vaccinated-pm-all-adults-will-be-inoculated-by-next-month/

Russian intelligence agencies have mounted a campaign to undermine confidence in Pfizer Inc.’s and other Western vaccines, using online publications that in recent months have questioned the vaccines’ development and safety, U.S. officials said.

An official with the State Department’s Global Engagement Center, which monitors foreign disinformation efforts, identified four publications that he said have served as fronts for Russian intelligence.

The websites played up the vaccines’ risk of side effects, questioned their efficacy, and said the U.S. had rushed the Pfizer vaccine through the approval process, among other false or misleading claims.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-disinformation-campaign-aims-to-undermine-confidence-in-pfizer-other-covid-19-vaccines-u-s-officials-say-11615129200

I just read on Icelandic media that Astra Zeneca is pooling up in Germany and France because people are refusing it.  It quotes the RKI saying that 2 weeks after Germany got 1,450,000 doses they had only used 271,000.

5 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I just read on Icelandic media that Astra Zeneca is pooling up in Germany and France because people are refusing it.  It quotes the RKI saying that 2 weeks after Germany got 1,450,000 doses they had only used 271,000.

Why the hell don´t they make the surplus available to the non-prioritised who want it? It´s not like wine which gets the better the longer it´s stored.

9 minutes ago, LeonG said:

That's why they are offerering it now to lower risk people. That's how we got it. I think anyone with some risk condition will be offered one now.

As I've said last week, if you have a risk condition which was not listed before, go again to the registration page and REGISTER AGAIN.

Trying to update the previous registration does NOT work. Leave the previous registration in place, they will remove duplicates. You can re-register with the same email, as now you can add multiple "people" to the same registration.

Just now, MikeMelga said:

That's why they are offerering it now to lower risk people. That's how we got it. I think anyone with some risk condition will be offered one now.

The website for Niedersachsen still says they would like to offer appointments for those 80 and older but states that they don't have vaccines and currently not giving out appointments.  However, those who are 80 or older can be put on a waiting list now.

3 minutes ago, jeba said:

Why the hell don´t they make the surplus available to the non-prioritised who want it? It´s not like wine which gets the better the longer it´s stored.

Yes, IMO they should be getting it out there if they have it.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Because the system they've had a year to plan does not allow for it!  Alongside that, the few people who are (were) under 65 that were eligible for a vaccine such as the police and front line workers were idiots and did not want the Oxford vaccine. Mainly becuaes their idiot leadership were making uninformed statements about its efficacy.

I do not know how anyone has managed to get a vaccine given all the stupid blocks they have put in place, never mind how badly planned the whole program is.  

20 hours ago, Krieg said:

Oh the bloody ivermectin.  We are having serious problems with that thing back home.   If it is true or not that it helps I have zero idea, but the problem is that ivermectin is a purgative/purge medicine mostly used in ANIMALS in South America.   Now because of those rumours that it cures CV people are self-medicating with the pills meant for cows.

Yes, it's terrible all those rumours about Ivermectin - from doctors on the frontline who have used it to successfully treat patients.

I don't trust these people at all. Politicians know best and I'll put my faith in them::blink:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FLCCC-Release-on-BIRD-meeting-2021-03-09.pdf

26 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yes, it's terrible all those rumours about Ivermectin - from doctors on the frontline who have used it to successfully treat patients.

I don't trust these people at all. Politicians know best and I'll put my faith in them::blink:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/FLCCC-Release-on-BIRD-meeting-2021-03-09.pdf

Yeah, that's clearly what I said, that I am against science.   I did not say that the problem was people self-medicating with a medicine meant for cows.  Nope, I didn't.

In vitro, ivermectin has antiviral effects against several distinct positive-sense single-strand RNA viruses, including SARS-CoV-2.[57] Subsequent studies found that ivermectin could inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2 in monkey kidney cell culture with an IC50 of 2.2–2.8 μM.[58][59] Based on this information, however, doses much higher than the maximum approved or safely achievable for use in humans would be required for an antiviral effect.[60] Aside from practical difficulties, such high doses are not covered by current human-use approvals of the drug and would be toxic,

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

Are you vaccinated/intend to be vaccinated? Why are you publishing this in the vaccine thread? Covid treatment drug, however effective it is, is not a replacement for the vaccine. 

5 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Seems vaccination will pick up the pace from April, with 20 million doses per month. This means before July there should be enough to give at least one dose to 40-50% of the population. Last week we had 1.4M doses, meaning at current rate we are doing 5.6 million per month.

But as it is ramping up at 25% per week, perhaps it is possible to achieve 8 million in March. Even so, to achieve 20M in April you need to more than double. That means 25% increase every week from now till end of April.

We are you getting these figures as the last released figures were a average of 175.000 per day - working day - nowhere near the 1.4m doses mentioned

I think that may be the supply numbers but it's not what's going into people's arms.