How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   128 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,066 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr.Bear said:

If after reading this and you still deside to get the "vaccine"...You do you!

Yes.* This is what differentiates a child from an adult. 

Adults understand that there is no button to "stop this pandemic and return to normal life". They get vaccinated to increase the probability that this shit ends earlier than "normal". 

Children: crying for hours that the parents do not give them a cake they want. 

How old are you? Welcome to real life, dude. Time to become an adult. 

*P.S. Some listed "facts" are lies, but assuming they all were true, still it is necessary to vaccinate. 

On 01/03/2021, 12:43:19, yourkeau said:

Yes, I know, but I assumed that Free Prince has some disease making them eligible anyway. 

Germany has 3 priority groups and then the general population. There are absolutely no medical conditions that qualify anyone for priority group 1. Priority group 1 is only for those over 80, residents in nursing homes, people working with high risk patients or who face a high risk because of their occupation. 

On 01/03/2021, 12:43:19, yourkeau said:

I don't understand why Germany has no vaccines. The ones we got are produced in Pfizer factories in Mainz and in Belgium. The government also wants Pfizer to build plants in Israel. It seems by the time this happens these factories will start delivering to Germany. 

It is a combination of factors. In addition to the reasons other posters have already provided, ideology also played a role. Due to its relative wealth Germany could have followed Israel's strategy and outbid poorer EU countries in order to receive more vaccines earlier, but instead chose to purchase through the EU and agree on a common vaccination campaign start date. 

At the beginning of the vaccination campaign Spahn was reportedly rather miffed when one nursing home started vaccinating a day before the official start.

On 01/03/2021, 13:44:12, martinamr said:

My understanding is that it‘s up to you to follow the news, then when you hear that you think you‘re eligible to be vaccinated you call the apprioriate number for your area, they ask you a few questions to check that you‘re really eligible at that time, then you can sign up.

That at least seems to be the procedure in Hessen.

You are forgetting that Germany is a federal country with very a odd division of responsibility. The federal government set the vaccination policy,  however, the states are responsible for implementing it.

On 01/03/2021, 13:44:12, martinamr said:

I‘m not aware of letters being sent out.

Berlin has been sending out letters since the start of the vaccination campaign and Brandenburg has now decided to do this as well.

4 minutes ago, engelchen said:

You are forgetting that Germany is a federal country with very a odd division of responsibility. The federal government set the vaccination policy,  however, the states are responsible for implementing it.

Berlin has been sending out letters since the start of the vaccination campaign and Brandenburg has now decided to do this as well.

In Niedersachen, they are offering a waiting list for those who are 80 and older but their website also states that they don't have vaccines at the moment and there they are not putting anyone on the waiting list right now.

53 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Priority group 1 is only for those over 80, residents in nursing homes

Bla, bla, bla. My father in law is 96 and living in a Betreuteswohning. He has had no vaccination.

11 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Bla, bla, bla. My father in law is 96 and living in a Betreuteswohning. He has had no vaccination.

That is actually my point. Not all people in group 1 have been vaccinated, yet there are many selfish special snowflakes who are trying to jump the line. 

Or if he is suffering from dementure...   maybe he forgot he has had the jab...  

I'll get it. I have no worries about the vaccine at all. When will I get it though?!

Those that don't want it can take that risk. 

Personally, I'd like to start living a normal life again.

10 hours ago, engelchen said:

That is actually my point. Not all people in group 1 have been vaccinated, yet there are many selfish special snowflakes who are trying to jump the line. 

This is the part I don't understand. How do people even skip the line (well I guess if they are a politician...)? When signing up the rules are REAL clear with every group clearly described. I heard some people in my area (Hessen) haven't received appointments yet, and most of those that haven't have been trying to get an appointment by phone which takes a ridiculous amount of time. The ones who used the online system and kept refreshing the page to try to get on it were faster. 

28 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

This is the part I don't understand. How do people even skip the line (well I guess if they are a politician...)? When signing up the rules are REAL clear with every group clearly described. I heard some people in my area (Hessen) haven't received appointments yet, and most of those that haven't have been trying to get an appointment by phone which takes a ridiculous amount of time. The ones who used the online system and kept refreshing the page to try to get on it were faster. 

You can't even get an appointment in Niedersachsen.  Their website says they'd like to offer appointments to people over 80 but they don't have vaccine so blah.  I suppose most people who tried to cut in line must have had the opportunity to be at a location where vaccinations were taking place.  Let's say vaccinations are going on at a nursing home and the director shows up with their family.  I believe that happened in Sweden.  Or lets say the mayor shows up or police.

1 hour ago, Narjiz said:

This is the part I don't understand. How do people even skip the line (well I guess if they are a politician...)?

The only people that are actually skipping ahead AFAIK are selfish politicians and their families as well as occasionally 1 or 2 at the end of a shift when there is an open bottle (though these are usually frontline workers anyway).

I heard some people in my area (Hessen) haven't received appointments yet, and most of those that haven't have been trying to get an appointment by phone which takes a ridiculous amount of time. The ones who used the online system and kept refreshing the page to try to get on it were faster. 

The administrative process is in some cases being held up by selfish special snowflakes who are not yet eligible, but are clogging up the system by trying to get an appointment anyway.

A great example is that the online system in Bavaria was overloaded by selfish Bavarians (who do not belong in priority 1 group) trying to register as soon as the system came online despite the website clearly stating the eligibility requirements. I tried to point this out to quite a few TTers who were among those trying to register in the first few days and they tried to justify their actions by saying they wanted to indicate their willingness in case a bottle was already open. Their self-centered selfishness is unfortunately not unique and is delaying the rollout for everyone. 

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/389521-bavarian-corona-immunization-online-registration-live/?page=1

18 minutes ago, engelchen said:

I tried to point this out to quite a few TTers who were among those trying to register in the first few days and they tried to justify their actions by saying they wanted to indicate their willingness in case a bottle was already open. Their self-centered selfishness is unfortunately not unique and is delaying the rollout for everyone. 

Quoting @Gen on that same thread -

Clearly, everyone is allowed to register now and can go ahead and take care of it, and we are assured that our registrations will not block any appointment for anyone with higher priority.  That Pressemeldung telling people not to register if they're not in a prioritized group is unfortunately not linked from that page or even mentioned in the above paragraph, and I didn't run across it when I started from the Ministerium homepage either.  How disorganized of them!  Given that the Bavarian online schooling system mebis also breaks down regularly, even after they had the summer to fix it, and they still have to keep using it, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the immunization registration also breaks down occasionally.  Germany's not so great with the whole digitalization thing.  Anyway, there's no hurry if you're under 80 anyway... but gee, given that thousands of hospital workers are refusing the doses for now, they might get through the high priority groups quicker than we think.  That's why I signed up asap.

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Quoting @Gen on that same thread -

The information she provided was at that time neither true nor accurate. There was information provided on the registration page itself on how to determine if you were eligible at that time and both of you chose to ignore it. 

Please stop with the feeble excuses.  

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Please stop pretending that you know what underlying conditions that I have that might just make me eligible.

I don't need to know. There were absolutely no underlying medical conditions that would have made you eligible for priority group 1. 

This group is the over 80s, residents in nursing homes, and medical professionals on the frontlines such as @Narjiz's husband as well as certain medical staff working with high risk patients. 

Even high risk patients themselves were not apart of group 1.

If you don't believe me, feel free to actually read the official info. I've quoted it often enough.

Please see this chart for the priority groups set by the "ständige Impfkommission" (STIKO): https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/Infekt/Impfen/ImpfungenAZ/COVID-19/Stufenplan.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Pre-existing health conditions only matter starting with priority group 3.

Priority group 1:

• Persons over 80 years old
  • Residents in old people's and nursing homes 
  • Medical staff with an extremely high risk of infection 
  • Staff caring for the elderly

Priority group 2:

• Persons aged ≥ 70 -74 years
  • Persons with Down syndrome
  • Persons (in institutions) with dementia or intellectual disability
  • Personnel with a high risk of exposure in medical institutions
  • Workers in outpatient or inpatient care of persons with dementia or intellectual disability

Priority group 3:

• Persons with pre-existing conditions at high risk
    - Organ transplant
    - Chronic liver disease
    - Cancer (not in remission)
    - COPD and other similarly severe chronic lung diseases
    - Psychiatric illness (bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, major depression)
    - Dementia
    - Diabetes mellitus with HbA1c ≥ 58 mmol/mol or ≥ 7.5 %.
    - Obesity BMI > 30
    - Haematological cancer
    - Chronic kidney disease
    - Residents and persons working in community accommodation
  • Close contacts of pregnant women
  • Close contacts or carers of high risk persons
  • Personnel with moderate exposure risk in medical facilities

Priority group 4:

• Persons aged ≥ 65 -69 years
  • Persons with pre-existing conditions with moderately increased risk
    - CNS (central nervous system) diseases
    - Heart disease
    - Diabetes mellitus with HbA1c < 58 mmol/mol or < 7.5 %.
    - Cancers in remission
    - Rheumatological diseases, autoimmune diseases, inflammatory bowel disease
    - Arterial hypertension
    - bronchial asthma
  • Close contacts or caregivers of persons with moderately increased risk
  • Personnel with a low risk of exposure in medical facilities
  • Teachers/educators
  • Persons with precarious working and/or living conditions

Priority group 5:

• Persons aged ≥ 60 -64 years
  • Other occupational groups, among others
    - Staff in key positions in the state and federal governments
    - Retail workers
    - Employees for the maintenance of public safety
    - with increased risk of exposure
    - Critical infrastructure occupational groups

Priority group 6:

• All other persons aged < 60 years, i.e. "everybody else"

24 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

Priority group 2:

• Persons with Down syndrome
  • Persons (in institutions) with dementia or intellectual disability
  • Personnel with a high risk of exposure in medical institutions
  • Workers in outpatient or inpatient care of persons with dementia or intellectual disability

The BWG lists more than these.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/fileadmin/Dateien/3_Downloads/C/Coronavirus/Verordnungen/CoronaImpfV_BAnz_AT_08.02.2021_V1.pdf

I have taken this from the TK website which gets its data from the BWG but is easer to copy.   

Level 2 - people with high priority

1. People who have reached the age of 70
  2. The following people who have a very high or high risk of severe or fatal disease after infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus:
    • People with trisomy 21
    • People after organ transplantation
    • People with dementia or with an intellectual disability or with severe psychiatric illness, especially bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or severe depression
    • People with malignant haematological diseases or solid tumors in need of treatment who are not in remission or whose remission period is less than five years
    • People with interstitial lung disease, COPD, cystic fibrosis or another similarly severe chronic lung disease
    • People with diabetes mellitus (with HbA1c ≥ 58 mmol / mol or ≥ 7.5%)
    • People with cirrhosis of the liver or any other chronic liver disease
    • People with chronic kidney disease
    • People with obesity (people with body mass index over 40)
    • People who, according to an individual medical assessment, have a very high or high risk of a serious or fatal course of the disease after an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus due to special circumstances
  3. up to two close contacts
    • by a person in need of care who is not in a facility in accordance with numbers 1 and 2 and in accordance with Section 2 (1) number 1, who are appointed by this person or by a person representing them
    • by a pregnant person, designated by that person or by a person representing them
  4. People who work in inpatient facilities for the treatment, care or care of mentally or mentally disabled people or who regularly treat, care for or care for mentally or mentally disabled people as part of outpatient care services
  5. People who work in areas of medical facilities with a high or increased risk of exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, in particular doctors and other staff with regular direct patient contact, staff from the blood and plasma donation services and in SARS-CoV-2 Test centers
  6. Police and law enforcement officers who are exposed to a high risk of infection when carrying out their work to ensure public order, especially during demonstrations, as well as soldiers who are exposed to a high risk of infection when deployed abroad and
    • 6 a: People who work in childcare facilities, in child day care and in elementary schools, special schools or special needs schools
  7. People who work in the public health service or in a particularly relevant position to maintain the hospital infrastructure
  8. Persons who are accommodated or who work in facilities in accordance with Section 36 (1) number 3 or number 4 of the Infection Protection Act
  9. People who regularly work with older people or people in need of care within the framework of the offers for support in everyday life recognized under state law within the meaning of Section 45a of the Eleventh Book of the Social Code

I've been going by the  "Verordnung zum Anspruch auf Schutzimpfung gegen das Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus-Impfverordnung – CoronaImpfV) Vom 8. Februar 2021". Seems to match more closely with what is posted on the impfzentrum website (I only know the Hessen one, no idea about the rest). There are 3 groups based on the document. First group is based on age as well as those in nursing homes, those who work in emergency medicine, oncology, transplantation medicine, as well as those working in ICU. Just working in hospital doesn't normally qualify but somehow some people working in hospital in specialties with a moderate risk got the vaccine with the first group. Guess they somehow fudged their risk group. The third group contains those working in stores, pharmacies, labs, firefighters, Pharma industry... as well as those with certain medical conditions. 

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/fileadmin/Dateien/3_Downloads/C/Coronavirus/Verordnungen/CoronaImpfV_BAnz_AT_08.02.2021_V1.pdf

Schutzimpfungen mit höchster Priorität  Group 1

1. Personen, die das 80. Lebensjahr vollendet haben,
  2. Personen, die in stationären und teilstationären Einrichtungen zur Behandlung, Betreuung oder Pflege älterer oder pflegebedürftiger Menschen behandelt, betreut oder gepflegt werden oder tätig sind,
  3. Personen, die im Rahmen ambulanter Pflegedienste regelmäßig ältere oder pflegebedürftige Menschen behandeln, betreuen oder pflegen, sowie Personen, die im Rahmen der ambulanten Pflege Begutachtungs- oder Prüftätig- keiten ausüben,
  4. Personen, die in Bereichen medizinischer Einrichtungen mit einem sehr hohen Expositionsrisiko in Bezug auf das Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 tätig sind, insbesondere auf Intensivstationen, in Notaufnahmen, in Rettungsdiensten, als Leistungserbringer der spezialisierten ambulanten Palliativversorgung, in den Impfzentren im Sinne von § 6 Absatz 1 Satz 1 sowie in Bereichen, in denen für eine Infektion mit dem Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 relevante aero- solgenerierende Tätigkeiten durchgeführt werden,
  5. Personen, die in medizinischen Einrichtungen regelmäßig Personen behandeln, betreuen oder pflegen, bei denen ein sehr hohes Risiko für einen schweren oder tödlichen Krankheitsverlauf nach einer Infektion mit dem Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 besteht, insbesondere in der Onkologie oder Transplantationsmedizin.

Schutzimpfungen mit hoher Priorität Group 2

Schutzimpfungen mit erhöhter Priorität Group 3

Then everyone else.