How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   79 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

434 posts in this topic

Israel revoked license of an antivax doctor.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/health-min-revokes-license-of-anti-vaccination-doctor-rapeh-party-head-659919

Explaining the decision to revoke Avni's license, Strashnov said that his articles published on websites, YouTube, Facebook and elsewhere against the public immunization of the coronavirus pose a danger to public health. 

"This goes far beyond what is reasonable and permissible in the context of freedom of expression, which is an important and protected value in any democratic society - and you have a clear prescription for the complete anarchy that the recipient is trying to cause, while boasting the title of doctor," Strashnov said.

21 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I feel like it would help if they would talk in the media more about how the vaccine doesn't contain any of the virus (I'm not sure about the differences between the vaccines, do any of them contain the virus?),

That´s the main difference between the Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna vaccines on the one hand and the Astrazeneca and Russian vaccines on the other. The latter contain a modified virus (but not a corona-virus, but a harmless adenovirus) which is used to transport parts of  the coronavirus DNA  which is active ingredient, into your body´s cells. One problem with the Astrazeneca vaccine might be that the vector used is a virus endemic in chimpanzees and to some extent in humans as well. Therefore, parts of the African population already have anitibodies against that vector which decreases the odds the vaccine will work for them (as their immune system attacks the vector). However, this is a theoretical consideration, which hasn´t been tested yet (AFAIK).

8 hours ago, jeba said:

That´s the main difference between the Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna vaccines on the one hand and the Astrazeneca and Russian vaccines on the other. The latter contain a modified virus (but not a corona-virus, but a harmless adenovirus) which is used to transport parts of  the coronavirus DNA  which is active ingredient, into your body´s cells. One problem with the Astrazeneca vaccine might be that the vector used is a virus endemic in chimpanzees and to some extent in humans as well. Therefore, parts of the African population already have anitibodies against that vector which decreases the odds the vaccine will work for them (as their immune system attacks the vector). However, this is a theoretical consideration, which hasn´t been tested yet (AFAIK).

Where did you get this from?  Sounds like absolute rubbish again.

21 minutes ago, bennetn said:

Where did you get this from?  Sounds like absolute rubbish again.

Sorry, but today I'm not inclined to answer postings for which the wrong tone was chosen. Feel free to do your own research.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Sorry, but today I'm not inclined to answer postings for which the wrong tone was chosen. Feel free to do your own research.

I did as I was shocked that could be posted as a fact, then went back to check to see if the OP could actually provide clearer substance to what seems like an almost racist propoganda.  No problem, you stay offended.

13 minutes ago, bennetn said:

I did as I was shocked that could be posted as a fact, then went back to check to see if the OP could actually provide clearer substance to what seems like an almost racist propoganda.  No problem, you stay offended.

He wanted to say that this vaccine does not work against South African strain. Actually, this can be the case with Pfizer/Moderna, too, but these are already working on the 3rd booster shot. Basically, mRNA vaccines are very easy to adjust to various mutations.

He thinks that Africans have different genes than Jermans. 

I feel like I'm in a schoolyard and the local school bullies teamed up to beat up the nerdy kid because he says things the bullies have no idea about.

Things like scientific facts.

jeba is right, it is well-known that the AstraZeneca vaccine uses an Adeno chimpanzee virus delivery vector to get the important parts into our cells: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/covid-19-how-do-viral-vector-vaccines-work

By the way, AstraZeneca then re-uses the same Adeno virus in the second jab, which is stupid, since by then even people who didn't have any immunity to it will for sure have gotten it through the 1st AstraZeneca jab, so the 2nd jab won't work that well, since our own immune system will by then stop the delivery vector.

At least Sputnik, the Russian vaccine, uses 2 different delivery vector viruses in jabs 1 and 2, so it probably has a better chance of actually delivering the payload of the 2nd jab.

Although Sputnik uses human Adeno viruses, so there may also already be immunity against them in the population, which admittedly is less likely with the chimpanzee virus of AstraZeneca.

It will be interesting to see what the Cuban "Sovereign 2" vaccine uses: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/17/world/americas/coronavirus-cuba-vaccine.html

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

He wanted to say that this vaccine does not work against South African strain.

No, I wanted to say what I said. Namely, that the vector virus managed to "jump" from chimpanzees to humans (and as chimpanzees are slightly more often to be found in Africa than elsewhere, Africans are more at risk).  Irrespective of that your statement may also be correct.

39 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

By the way, AstraZeneca then re-uses the same Adeno virus in the second jab, which is stupid,

I heard they are talking to the Russians with the aim to combine forces and use the Russian vector for the second jab.

10 hours ago, jeba said:

I heard they are talking to the Russians with the aim to combine forces and use the Russian vector for the second jab.

Brexit in an nutshell.

You dream about restoring the old Empire with London as its capital but end up being a Russian province.

Israel vaccination data is peer reviewed and now published in New England Journal of Medicine:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2101765

Each study group included 596,618 persons. Estimated vaccine effectiveness for the study outcomes at days 14 through 20 after the first dose and at 7 or more days after the second dose was as follows:

for documented infection, 46% and 92%

for symptomatic Covid-19, 57% and 94% 

for hospitalization, 74% and 87% 

and for severe disease, 62%  and 92%,

respectively. Estimated effectiveness in preventing death from Covid-19 was 72%  for days 14 through 20 after the first dose.

It"s Pfizer. There are also Moderna vaccines in the country, reportedly all taken by the army.

13 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

By the way, AstraZeneca then re-uses the same Adeno virus in the second jab, which is stupid, since by then even people who didn't have any immunity to it will for sure have gotten it through the 1st AstraZeneca jab, so the 2nd jab won't work that well, since our own immune system will by then stop the delivery vector.

You sure have forgotten to provide a peer reviewed article to support this claim.

Here is what I found:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

This study compares efficacy of 2 standard doses vs 0.5 dose+1 standard dose. The second setup is indeed more effective. However they do not conclude that 1 dose is enough.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

You sure have forgotten to provide a peer reviewed article to support this claim.

Here is what I found:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

This study compares efficacy of 2 standard doses vs 0.5 dose+1 standard dose. The second setup is indeed more effective. However they do not conclude that 1 dose is enough.

In what way does that contradict what Panda stated? It doesn´t. You could even hypothetize (and very plausibly so) that it strengthens the argument that reapplication of the same vector is a bad idea since application of half the dose (which should be expected to provoke less of an immune response against the vector) seemed more efficacious (since the vector was attacked by the immune system less intensely).