How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   79 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

434 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

BTW, the false information in the title of the thread cannot be modified because admins are antivax and really believe that vaccines cause death?

I'm not an admin or moderator here, but I suspect the thread title issue you describe has less to do with any antivax policy and more to do with your choice of title:

Vax-Title-1.jpg.562d25ca78e14453bcc05bb1

Not a great title choice.

While I agree with the sentiment (and want the jab ASAP), changing somebody else's title 180 degrees is not a good look.

16 minutes ago, JG52 said:

I'm not an admin or moderator here, but I suspect the thread title issue you describe has less to do with any antivax policy and more to do with your choice of title:

You mean it is locked only for me and not for everyone else? So does it mean that everyone else is not concerned with false information propaganda in times of global pandemic? 

Btw, there is not a single correct option in the poll, too. The vaccine is not made by doctors. 

It looks like the title is locked for everybody, I can't edit it either. But we are free to discuss in the thread - like I said, I'm very pro-vaccine.

Editing other's titles / posts is for correction of mistakes or clarity, as JG shows.

Title is a bit inflammatory, but voting and comments are the ways to discuss/ oppose the title.

Like Metall, I am very pro- vaccines. I still have my Yellow  vaccine document showing all the shots given, including yellow fever and typhus! 

I would rather trust my life and health to the Covid vaccine, than leave it to Covid to decide.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I don't see anything wrong with the title.

You are entitled to your opinion, however, the title is definitely biased and results from any survey with obviously biased questions have little research value in academic circles. On the other hand it reflects the TTs declining intellectual level. 

The title implies that the vaccine, not the virus, might determine your life when there is no (zero) evidence that the vaccine has caused death and for that reason, it is misleading.

FFS.

It´s merely asking a question if you will trust the virus.It started on I believe the first day the vaccine was announced.

Also read the poll questions for what sort of thread this is.

6 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I don't see anything wrong with the title. It is a question. You are free to answer it however you wish.

Much ado about nothing.

The title and the poll options together what is terrible. The topic starter really has zero clue.

I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient

Nope, the vaccine is not made by doctors. Actually most of doctors (who are not virologists) have zero clue how it works, they passed their Immunology 101 course many years ago and forgot about it.

What doctors do is help researchers perform human clinical trials which are required to get the approval of FDA, EMA and other medical regulators. I trust FDA. In the worst case there will be a mutation resistant to the vaccine, but I really have nothing to lose. There is a chance to stop this pandemic faster than natural (antiwax) way of getting everyone infected until the herd immunity is achieved. The problem (apart from mortality) is that herd immunity may never be achieved.   

I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?

The author seems to think that the vaccine is a drug. Nope, it is just activates your own immune system. If you have got HIV or some other shit which made your immune system Kaputt, you might get those side effects. But the real virus would have been even more dangerous for you.

Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?

Exactly for this reason everyone should vaccinate ASAP. We do not know the long term consequences of the virus, so it should be stopped or weakened at least.

They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.

Nope, negative PCR test would work, too. The vaccine is for free, but for the test you pay out of own pocket. Fair enough, no?   

I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?

Me.

I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.

Another bullshit. Clinical trials are performed on humans. Decades of drug testing have proven clinical trials to be effective. But of course the antivaxers think they know better.

I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

You can be reinfected in 3 months.

I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

My niece (a young Dr. in a London hospital) has had it twice.  Second time was worse than the first.

A very interesting article (German) about antivax movement in Germany.

TL;DR: Weimar Republic made vaccination compulsory, but the Nazis (many antivaxers among them) made the vaccines voluntary using propaganda to convince people instead of forcing them. In the Cold War the DDR made vaccination compulsory, this was used by antivaxers in BRD to convince people that "vaccines are communism". 

And in the Weimar Republic they had a Reichsimpfgegnerzentrale, what a name!

https://www.deutschlandfunkkultur.de/historiker-zum-streitthema-immunisierung-eine-kleine.976.de.html?dram:article_id=454702

The U.S. has administered about 17 vaccine shots per 100 residents.  Roughly how many has the European Union administered per 100 residents?

Across the 27 states of the European Union, only about 5 of every 100 residents have received a dose, while France, Austria and the Czech Republic are all below that dismal mark. Track vaccinations around the world here.

"I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine? "

I cannot believe people really think like this. But it is sad proof of what we're up against. Shakes head in despair.

On 2/1/2021, 6:36:16, fraufruit said:

They may go up again after over 20,000 Orthodox Jews gathered for 2 rabbis' funerals and then protested. 

So did the numbers go up ?

I feel like it would help if they would talk in the media more about how the vaccine doesn't contain any of the virus (I'm not sure about the differences between the vaccines, do any of them contain the virus?), like, A LOT more.  Since I learned that the vaccine contains no virus, I can't get it quick enough.  That knowledge should take out the majority of your reluctant fence-sitters and just leave the conspiracy nuts who are worried about DNA or micro chips or whatever.  Tell people, loudly, that they can't get corona, now or evereverever, from the vaccine!  I think that would put a lot of minds at ease.

Although, I realize, that the actual problem at the moment is that there is not enough to go around.  Still, there are an alarming number of people who have been offered the vaccine and turned it down.

Here's a recent episode (YouTube link and BBC link below) of BBC Panorama about vaccine deniers.

"With millions now vaccinated, Panorama investigates the scare tactics of anti-vaxxers – who are they, and what are their motives for trying to deter people from getting the jab? Reporter Marianna Spring reveals the scale of a social media blitz that has targeted vulnerable people and is now reaching young generations yet to be called for their vaccination. We witness the reaction of a test group exposed to one anti-vax video, all under the watchful eye of one of the UK’s most respected doctors. Will they be influenced by disinformation, or will their plans to be vaccinated remain unchanged?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiGt_e58RIU

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000scy8

BBC defends Panorama episode debunking anti-vax theories about coronavirus vaccination

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Since I learned that the vaccine contains no virus, I can't get it quick enough.  

It surprises me that you would be worried by this.

Vaccines contain enough information to trigger the body to produce antibodies against the virus they are tailored for. In lots of well known vaccines, this is actually the virus (but deactivated/dead or modified so that it can't replicate) or just those parts of the virus that have been shown to trigger the needed antibodies that also work on the virus itself. This is how the polio, mumps, measles, etc. vaccines all work.

This new type of vaccine, which make up most, but I think not all, of the current Covid-19 vaccines actually works a bit like a benign virus. It has a section of RNA which causes your body to generate small protein blocks that initiate your antibody response. These same protein blocks are found on the Covid-19 virus, so if you do get infected, your immune system is already primed to respond. Viruses work by injecting RNA strands too, but these cause your body to replicate the complete virus. 

At least this is my non-medical understanding.

1 hour ago, clickety6 said:

It surprises me that you would be worried by this.

I'm surprised that you're surprised!  Like most idiots and/or laypeople, I know very little about that which scares me.  :)