How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   71 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

345 posts in this topic

Methinks I´ll wait for the first flush to be vaccinated, this upcoming vaccine seems to be like bananaware, you know, software that is delivered green and ripens with the customer, I am not looking to be a beta tester.

Sure I would, I don't put too much value on my own life and I don't have any dependents. Take one for the team eh. Though in any case as a 30 year old I won't be getting the first doses anyway.

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

As for possibly not being able to fly, etc. without the vaccine down the road, has anyone heard of how they might handle this? Will people get some kind of vaccine certificate to prove they got it?

I you have an Electronic Passport you don't need one because will be updated with the proof.

That's all I know, for the moment. Anyway, is only a rumor.

37 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I am very concerned at the tone of the questions of this so called survey they seem to be Antivax to me as well as being bad English!

@dessa_dangerous what do you think?

Forum management cherishes the "variety of opinion" on this forum. Apparently "stupidity" is recognized as an opinion (as are bigotry and racism, but that's off-topic).

I do agree that the formulation is wrong, as it allows multiple answers, therefore diluting the "Yes, certainly" answers percentage. That´s a typical FUD tactic.

1 hour ago, dom said:

No doubt in my mind to get the vaccine. The science behind vaccines is pretty sound. Once available, the vaccine offered will have proven to be efficacious and safe.

As someone who works in pharma research, I can say that it is a testament to dedicated scientists around the world that we can discuss here about taking a covid-19 vaccine so soon after this pandemic began. And BTW, there's no room for conspiracy theories (on vaccines or anything else) in my world.

Absolutely. Completely in agreement with all of that. Most people simply don't understand the science!  (I studied Science at Uni in another life)

Keep weighing in @dom to set the bastards straight!

There are a lot of people below a certain age who have never had to suffer the effects of a preventable disease, all because of vaccines.  As a child I had to suffer through the effects (some of them permanent) of diseases which are now preventable.  I would not wish such suffering on anyone.  It hurts me to no end to read the ridiculous rationalizations and conspiracy-fantasies of anti-vaxxers and deniers, especially the ones who claim that the diseases I had (and the ones I was at risk for) aren‘t so bad.  They have absolutely no clue, but choose to remain willfully stupid.

Vaccine science is centuries old, and is well-understood.  There is no rational reason to be frightened.

On top of that - I am a life-long travel addict, plus most of my family (and my girlfriend) live in the US.  Prior to the current pandemic, I traveled extensively, and I want and need to return to this.  Plus, I have a young daughter, and she relies on me for care.  I cannot do that if I am incapacitated by COVID.  

So, I will get the vaccine as soon as it is offered to me.

Ah guys, this poll is technically flawed - I was able to vote multiple times, even the same question.

#liesdamnliesstatistics

12 hours ago, Keleth said:

Impfpass ?

I hope not.  Most of us relatively fresh-off-the-boat Americans don‘t have one of those.

12 hours ago, Keleth said:

Impfpass ?

1 minute ago, Space Cowboy said:

I hope not.  Most of us relatively fresh-off-the-boat Americans don‘t have one of those.

Actually, you get one (plus stamp) right at the doctor's office after any vaccination if you request one.

Hopefully a Covid vaccination center would do that, too.

This will probably be the same as the Yellow Fever vaccination. When travelling from certain countries to other countries you had to have a Yellow Fever Certificate proving you had the vaccination. It used to be the case that the Certificate had to be from within the previous 6 months or so as the vaccination only protected you from the virus for this amount of time but nowadays I think the vaccination lasts for 10 years.

This will probably be the same with the Coronavirus vaccine. There will presumably be an internationally recognised Certificate that you get when you have the vaccine, which is stamped with the date you were vaccinated and countries/airlines may need to see this before they you on the plane/enter the country.

Whether people will need to vaccinated at regular intervals as the vaccine may not last a lifetime is something we will find out in the next year or so as the pharma companies will still be testing the people who were given the vaccine to see how long it protects them from Covid.

As for being vaccinated, I don't have a problem with it and will get the vaccine as soon as I am able to but as I am not in a high risk group, it will probably be at least 6 months after the vaccine is released before I have a chance to.

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I am very concerned at the tone of the questions of this so called survey they seem to be Antivax to me as well as being bad English!

Title changed. 

Nice infographics: antivaxx population by country. Bangladesh, Rwanda and India are countries with the highest trust in vaccines in the world. 

MW-HL700_infogr_20190619111301_NS.png.75

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Forum management cherishes the "variety of opinion" on this forum. Apparently "stupidity" is recognized as an opinion (as are bigotry and racism, but that's off-topic).

Why do you insist on throwing me under the bus at every given opportunity?  Here it looks like "management" equals "dessa" which is also fucking annoying.

And to be honest, when you take every single chance to malign the "management" (which evidently in your eyes includes me) it certainly doesn't motivate me personally to move an inch in the direction you want.

He asked a question to me and that was your answer.  Seriously.  What the fuck, Jeff.

4 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Title changed. 

Nice infographics: antivaxx population by country. Bangladesh, Rwanda and India are countries with the highest trust in vaccines in the world. 

Sure, 3rd world countries know what happens without them. On the other extreme we have very developed countries who lost contact with reality.

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I am also slightly concerned at both the tone and the English as well as a few of the comments (a couple of which have already been removed).  However, as none of them are openly recommending injecting yourself with grapefruit or fish food instead, I don't personally see a threat to public health or safety--at this moment.

Whether we'll be forced to take the vaccine or even get the chance will certainly not be decided based on the outcome of this poll.

I may also be the wrong one to ask as I made my own Covid poll some months ago that was--rightly, as the case may be--criticized for its bias.  

There is always the option to simply decline to respond or participate, as well as to suggest new or different questions, or to open your own thread and create your own poll.

That is what I think.