How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   87 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

518 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, jeba said:

What you refer to in your second sentence is a problem which can´t be avoided anyway as e.g. in parts of South Africa or Brazil you have herd immunity already with up to 75% of people having antibodies. And that´s just those developing countries I heard about.

But as with the vaccine nobody knows how long the immunity from having had it lasts.There are rare cases of people getting it twice.

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

But as with the vaccine nobody knows how long the immunity from having had it lasts.There are rare cases of people getting it twice.

So far the data for the Biontech vaccine suggest it lasts for at least 8 months. Those cases, where people got it twice may be those reinfected by a mutant strain (or with some immunological disorder).

Israel decides to vaccinate 16-17 year olds so they are safe to pass Bagrut (Abitur).

So far, the vaccination age limit is 40. But instead of reducing it the government jumpted to this age group. Why can't they make all the exams without vaccination? I don't know.

4 hours ago, jeba said:

Those cases, where people got it twice may be those reinfected by a mutant strain (or with some immunological disorder).

My niece (a young Dr. in a London hospital) has just recovered from her second Corona illness.  Apparently they don't get told which variant of the virus they have/had.  The first time around (April) will have been "Corona Classic".

That's good news, HEM - very glad she's OK and let's hope there are no long term effects.

So far the vaccine is proven to be effective: Maccabi Krankenkasse in Israel releases preliminary stats.

Israel’s Maccabi Healthcare Services revealed Monday that only 0.015 percent of people are getting infected in the week after receiving their second shot.

Maccabi said it has 128,600 members who have seen seven days pass since full vaccine protection kicked in — and only 20 have caught the coronavirus after they were considered immunized.

Ekka Zohar also noted that she found that none of the 20 vaccinees was hospitalized or suffered from a fever higher than 38.5 degrees. That may be an indicator that the vaccine prevents serious illness even when people are infected, she said, but added that it is impossible to know what trajectory their symptoms would have taken without the vaccine.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/week-after-2nd-pfizer-vaccine-shot-only-20-of-128000-israelis-get-covid/

I think it is possible that more than 20 people got the virus but without symptoms, so did not report it. So far this indicates that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus (masks/social distancing compulsory), but it is way weaker, so lesser possibility to mutate.

This is how the government which trusts scientists looks like: 

According to Walla! news, the Health Ministry published a directive on Tuesday allowing children under the age of 16 to receive the vaccination if they are at risk for complications caused by the virus. According to Israel Hayom, at least 10 children under 16 have already received the vaccine after receiving approvals from an exemptions committee. The Health Ministry reportedly confirmed the details to Israel Hayom.

Despite the report that 10 children have already been vaccinated, Walla! reported that the directive to vaccinate at-risk children still needs to be approved by the chairman of the Health Ministry's committee for determining vaccination priority, Dr. Boaz Lev.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/at-risk-children-received-covid-vaccine-despite-lack-of-data-report-656851

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

J&J vaccine not looking stellar - 66% efficacy. But, zero hospitalizations or deaths even in South Africa so we'll see.

That's better than a typical year's flu vaccine.  Just sayin'.

They're saving the less effective vaccines for the younger folks such as myself... because hey, who cares we are young. More important to vaccinate the 100 year old. There is no right way in going about it, I get that. And since the majority of ICU COVID19 cases are seniors, I get that this is the first group that should be vaccinated. But honestly I think they should have started with a younger group who perhaps has the potential to live another 20-30 years  (70-80ish) not the non functional 100 year old who well... may not have many years left. Then again, maybe there are really healthy and active 100 year olds out there, so I guess it wouldn't be fair to say "you're too old". Or better yet, started off with healthcare workers and nursing home workers who actually have to deal with the ill. But hey, that is just my opinion... and there are 100s of opinions out there, each having pros and cons, and a decision had to be made from the gov so can't complain. I'm sure they thought of all the options. I'm just rambling. 

What ticks me off the most is the thought of experimenting with a younger group with the one dose vaccine. I am no Impfgegner and have all required vaccines, but please to be offered one with a potential 60 percent efficacy is frustrating. The flu vaccine is also sometimes less effective, I get that, but with the flu, there is also no quarantine, travel restrictions... 

30 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

They're saving the less effective vaccines for the younger folks such as myself... because hey, who cares we are young. More important to vaccinate the 100 year old. There is no right way in going about it, I get that. And since the majority of ICU COVID19 cases are seniors, I get that this is the first group that should be vaccinated. But honestly I think they should have started with a younger group who perhaps has the potential to live another 20-30 years  (70-80ish) not the non functional 100 year old who well... may not have many years left. Then again, maybe there are really healthy and active 100 year olds out there, so I guess it wouldn't be fair to say "you're too old". Or better yet, started off with healthcare workers and nursing home workers who actually have to deal with the ill. But hey, that is just my opinion... and there are 100s of opinions out there, each having pros and cons, and a decision had to be made from the gov so can't complain. I'm sure they thought of all the options. I'm just rambling. 

What ticks me off the most is the thought of experimenting with a younger group with the one dose vaccine. I am no Impfgegner and have all required vaccines, but please to be offered one with a potential 60 percent efficacy is frustrating. The flu vaccine is also sometimes less effective, I get that, but with the flu, there is also no quarantine, travel restrictions... 

Listen to the "experts" on this forum and you`ll believe you don`t even need a vaccine because Covid is no worse than a cold for you.

You have some good points but I get the feeling you`re a big believer in eugenics.

44 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

They're saving the less effective vaccines for the younger folks such as myself...  to be offered one with a potential 60 percent efficacy is frustrating.

Yes, because even if you do get sick - with or without the vaccine - you stand the highest chance of not being severely affected and the highest chance of surviving unscathed. Logical.

I also question the wisdom of prioritisng the very oldest of the population at the expense of younger, more active souls. But where do you draw the line?

Are we entitled to our vaccine shots?

And for now, the whole exercise is an experiment regardless of your age.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Listen to the "experts" on this forum and you`ll believe you don`t even need a vaccine because Covid is no worse than a cold for you.

You have some good points but I get the feeling you`re a big believer in eugenics.

Not a believer of eugenics, the quarantine rules are just getting to my head. I am simply tired, lonely and frustrated is all. I am generally a pretty empathetic person. Was simply expressing what was on my mind. I wouldn't say it to someones face though because every life is valuable. The older generation also paid into the system in their younger years with hopes of being cared for in their older years. Was simply frustrated is all. Compounded with the fact I miss my family back in Canada.

hahaha no no I don't believe it is simply a cold. I have a spouse who actually works in the ICU so yea... I have a pretty good idea of the reality of it.

2 hours ago, Narjiz said:

They're saving the less effective vaccines for the younger folks such as myself... because hey, who cares we are young. More important to vaccinate the 100 year old. There is no right way in going about it, I get that. And since the majority of ICU COVID19 cases are seniors, I get that this is the first group that should be vaccinated. But honestly I think they should have started with a younger group who perhaps has the potential to live another 20-30 years  (70-80ish) not the non functional 100 year old who well... may not have many years left.

For what? For the youngsters to go party sooner and spread it again? Don't you realize also that those older people are completely clogging the healthcare system? You NEED to start with older people to save healthcare system. Israel showed a 60% of severe case drop very quickly. Within a few weeks their healthcare system will be back to normal.

Second level comes large potential spreaders, meaning healthcare workers, supermarket cashiers, teachers, etc. The German government got this right.

Seems that "fuck the old people" is what we take from this pandemic... not only inhumane, but also counterproductive.

12 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

That's better than a typical year's flu vaccine.  Just sayin'.

Problem is that even at 95% you need 70% of the population vaccinated, which will be very hard. If you start mixing lower efficacy vaccines, you will need much more.

7 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

For what? For the youngsters to go party sooner and spread it again? Don't you realize also that those older people are completely clogging the healthcare system? You NEED to start with older people to save healthcare system. Israel showed a 60% of severe case drop very quickly. Within a few weeks their healthcare system will be back to normal.

Second level comes large potential spreaders, meaning healthcare workers, supermarket cashiers, teachers, etc. The German government got this right.

Seems that "fuck the old people" is what we take from this pandemic... not only inhumane, but also counterproductive.

Why so sensitive. I said I understand that the ICU is mainly clogged with older individuals... and I get the reasoning. I didn't say fuck the old people at all! And please... not everyone under the age of 40 is partying. You do realise this age group works, has a family and so on. Please stop generalising. 

26 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

Why so sensitive. I said I understand that the ICU is mainly clogged with older individuals... and I get the reasoning. I didn't say fuck the old people at all! And please... not everyone under the age of 40 is partying. You do realise this age group works, has a family and so on. Please stop generalising. 

Of course you did! You said your probability of longer life is more important than their shorter life. Even when the probability of dying from Corona for young people is much lower.

Even denying you said it is more of "fuck the old"!

3 hours ago, Narjiz said:

They're saving the less effective vaccines for the younger folks such as myself

That they may be less effective in the elderly doesn´t mean they are less effective in younger people (who still have a well working immune system).