How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   113 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

829 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

He is progressive! Women first!

Like in Afghanistan.  Before, women walked behind men. Since late 1970, women now walk in front of men, especially near minefields!

I'd never let the wife walk through a minefield but I do operate a ladies before gentlemen policy when going through doors.

It's been years since I've had to open one myself :lol:

2 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:
2 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

My daughter, a nurse, got her first shot yesterday and is fine :) 

Glad to hear she is doing well :) 

It's going to take time to begin with as they are going around nursing homes vaccinating the over 80's at the moment. Once the high-risk groups are vaccinated then they can start to use the vaccination centres and the amount of people they can vaccinate each day/week should increase rapidly.

4 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

California has opened up vaccinations to all over-65s. I have to check to see what my parents are doing about it.

How does it work there? If a person doesn't have private insurance are they excluded? 

It's free. California is one of the better states (and compared to most, MUCH, MUCH better :), and even thought they have a lot of problems, you have access to state healthcare if you are poor and/or lack legal status. Legal status and residency also don't matter for the vaccine.

https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/#When-can-I-get-vaccinated

By the way, I just read here that children cannot be vaccinated yet. I hadn't realized.

Is the COVID-19 vaccine safe for children?

Currently, COVID-19 vaccines are not recommended for children:

• Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is for ages sixteen and above
  • Moderna vaccine is for ages eighteen and above.

Clinical trials are ongoing to identify a safe vaccine for children.

42 minutes ago, Narjiz said:

I wonder if it is a supply issue or an efficiency issue? 

It will be a bit of both. Although Germany (and other countries) have all announced that they have bought millions of doses of each vaccine, it was never going to be the case that all of the doses were going to be delivered immediately but over the course of the year.

There were always going to be problems getting people vaccinated as trying to vaccinate 70% of a country's population is something that has never been done or at least not in recent history so this will be a learning exercise. Provided people learn from the mistakes that are made during the initial vaccination rollout then it should mean by the time non-high risk people start to be vaccinated the process should be much more efficient.

40+ in Israel from now

Fuck, why I am so young? 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israelis-aged-40-start-receiving-vaccines-in-race-to-halt-record-infections/

On 1/14/2021, 3:01:40, kaffeemitmilch said:

By the way, I just read here that children cannot be vaccinated yet. I hadn't realized.

Yes, but all countries give priority to older population so far (fair enough). I am sure the Zulassung for children will be ready by the time when all over 16 are vaccinated. 

Too bad Israel isn't helping the Palestinians get vaccinated being as it is an occupied territory and the borders are so intertwined. Israel says the Palestinian Authority can handle their own vaccinations. That's impossible since Trump took away millions in support from them.

That's fine, I'm not questioning the vaccination priorities. I'm merely surprised to see that the vaccines are not intended for children at this point, at all.

Israel is also (like the UK) only using single doses and either delaying the 2nd dose so they can vaccinate more people or not bothering with it and this isn't as effective as they had hoped:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/19/single-covid-vaccine-dose-in-israel-less-effective-than-we-hoped

Israel’s coronavirus tsar has warned that a single dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine may be providing less protection than originally hoped, as the country reported a record 10,000 new Covid infections on Monday.

In remarks reported by Army Radio, Nachman Ash said a single dose appeared “less effective than we had thought”, and also lower than Pfizer had suggested.

By contrast, those who had received their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine had a six- to 12-fold increase in antibodies, according to data released by Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer on Monday.

The issue of some vaccines being less effective after a single dose rather than two is well known, as well as the fact that protection is not immediate. While the first dose can take several weeks to promote an effective antibody response, the second dose can trigger different responses, supercharging the protection. Pfizer itself says a single dose of its vaccine is about 52% effective. Some countries such as the UK have delayed administering their second doses to try to maximise the number of people given a first dose.

So things may be slower here in Germany and take longer for everyone (who wants) to be vaccinated but it's better to be safer than sorry and give people, especially the high-risk group, both doses rather than only giving people one dose and then we still have issues with new cases/deaths increasing and we need to go into Lockdown Part 3.

It will be interesting to see if BoJo changes his policy of only giving people one dose and delaying the second dose based on this information.

8 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

That's fine, I'm not questioning the vaccination priorities. I'm merely surprised to see that the vaccines are not intended for children at this point, at all.

Right, they haven't been tested on children apparently.

5 hours ago, warsteiner70 said:

Israel is also (like the UK) only using single doses and either delaying the 2nd dose so they can vaccinate more people or not bothering with it and this isn't as effective as they had hoped:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/19/single-covid-vaccine-dose-in-israel-less-effective-than-we-hoped

In Iceland they started by using only 50% of the vaccines they had keeping the other 50 for the second shot. Now they are using all of it with the intention of getting the 2nd shot from the next shipment. 

I don't think it's a good idea to disregard the recommended doses. If you get some other medication do you only take half?

6 hours ago, warsteiner70 said:

No, where do you have this bullshit from? All 3 qualified acquaintances of mine got their 2nd doses. Indeed the line to 2nd dose was shorter than the line to 1st one, but 2nd does is 100% reserved for everyone getting the first one. So far:

2.2 mln got the first dose

550k second dose

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Too bad Israel isn't helping the Palestinians get vaccinated being as it is an occupied territory and the borders are so intertwined. Israel says the Palestinian Authority can handle their own vaccinations. That's impossible since Trump took away millions in support from them.

Yes, we are (as always) guilty whatever we do in Palestinian conflict. If we gave all 2 mln vaccines to Palestinians, we would be guilty of crime of "making human experiments on Palestinians".

10 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Yes, we are (as always) guilty whatever we do in Palestinian conflict.

Ok. So now we can assume that your nationality is Israeli. 

Thanks for the info.