How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   87 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

489 posts in this topic

Was listening to NPR where a reporter was describing the difference between getting a flu shot vs. covid vaccination.

A flu shot takes ~five minutes...When a person arrives for the vaccine, they are asked to fill out a form, then asked about certain conditions, then allow patients to ask any of their own questions, get the shot and then wait 15-30 minutes to see if there are after-effects.  Typical, this can last 30-45 minutes.

The problem, all along, has not been supply chain, but the point of injection.  Therein lies the bottleneck  X the world population X 2.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

And the U.S. is talking about giving half doses of the other vaccines as well as just giving one dose to everybody without worrying about when they get the second dose. Same in U.K. What kind of fine tuning do you call that? What will it do to the efficacy rates?

The main problem isn’t the efficacy rate but the risk of creating pressure to mutate for the virus. Similar to the risk of creating bacterial resistance to antibiotics by using doses which are too low or not taking them long enough. It´s like pushing a virus or a bacterium to mutate.

14 hours ago, Tap said:

Is there no end to some people's stupidity!

Unfortunately...

On 07/01/2021, 21:46:32, jeba said:

The main problem isn’t the efficacy rate but the risk of creating pressure to mutate for the virus.

In his latest podcast Drosten made the point though that given that the virus is exposed to some immune pressure anyway in countries like South Africa (where up to 50% of the township population has been found to have antibodies) those mutations  will occur anyway,  no matter what is done in Germany. This in his view speaks in favour of extending the interval between injections in order to protect as many as possible as soon as possible.

On 1/7/2021, 4:02:44, catjones said:

When a person arrives for the vaccine, they are asked to fill out a form,

My understanding is that here, when one receives one's invitation to make a vaccination appointment in the mail, all relative forms will be included to fill out before going. That might help a little.

My kid got the first jab three days ago and reports no ill effects beyond a bit of local muscle soreness.  Next one toward the end of January.  

On 03/01/2021, 22:11:45, fraufruit said:

My father in law is 96. He hasn't been contacted yet.

:huh: Why would he have been if they have only just started? Just how many months back were you expecting to receive this letter? :rolleyes: 

On 04/01/2021, 00:16:46, BethAnnBitt said:

In BW “Es wird keine personalisierte Einladung erfolgen.”  Info is on websites and will be distributed through a campaign of flyers, signs, and radio ads.  Care home residents and 80+ go first here.  Should be interesting.  Sure hope it all works out.  

And best that there is no contact by letter as the authorities never have up to date addresses for every single person in any case. In the regions where send the stuff out many will get lost or sent back. A massive waste of paper and envelopes. Think of all those letters that go to people who don't want the vaccine or have left the country without notifying the authorities or redirected their post. :rolleyes: Others who do want it can just contact their doctor and arrange it  when it's time.

Queen Elizabeth and husband receive COVID-19 vaccines:

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s Queen Elizabeth and her husband Philip, both in their nineties, have received vaccinations against COVID-19, Buckingham Palace said on Saturday.

“The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have today received COVID-19 vaccinations,” the palace said in a statement. The Queen is 94 years old and Philip is 99, putting them in the priority category in Britain’s coronavirus vaccine rollout.

On 7.1.2021, 16:02:44, catjones said:

Was listening to NPR where a reporter was describing the difference between getting a flu shot vs. covid vaccination.

A flu shot takes ~five minutes...When a person arrives for the vaccine, they are asked to fill out a form, then asked about certain conditions, then allow patients to ask any of their own questions, get the shot and then wait 15-30 minutes to see if there are after-effects.  Typical, this can last 30-45 minutes.

The problem, all along, has not been supply chain, but the point of injection.  Therein lies the bottleneck  X the world population X 2.

They are not that different. It is actually recommended to wait for after effects with flu shot, but most doctors dont do it.

The form should be filled in well before the appointment. Most questions should be addressed by good informative panflets.

People have to realize this has to be an industrial process, squeezing takt time!

The bottle necks ( atleast at the care homes ) were - 

• The care takers have to prepare the documents for each resident +. their consent or that of their power of attorney before hand and coordinate the old people to come out at intervals so as not to infect them in this vaccination process
  • Doctors have to explain in details about the vaccine and its effect to each and every person again and again
  • The admin person has to put in all the data into a laptop and push it to the central server using a weak data network

But they are all getting better at it, it seems

10 hours ago, RajeshG said:

The bottle necks ( atleast at the care homes ) were - 

• The care takers have to prepare the documents for each resident +. their consent or that of their power of attorney before hand and coordinate the old people to come out at intervals so as not to infect them in this vaccination process
  • Doctors have to explain in details about the vaccine and its effect to each and every person again and again
  • The admin person has to put in all the data into a laptop and push it to the central server using a weak data network

But they are all getting better at it, it seems

They should be able to do all the documents, consent etc. a day or two early and then the vaccination crew shows up, jab, jab, jab and done and off to another home after lunch. 

21 hours ago, RajeshG said:

Doctors have to explain in details about the vaccine and its effect to each and every person again and again

I hope there is a box to check that you forgo the informed consent briefing. That´s legally possible and saves time.

First dose stats available from Israel based on testing 800k people:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-data-shows-50-reduction-in-infections-14-days-after-first-vaccine-shot/

Clalit insurance company (the biggest one): 33% reduction of contagion chance after 2 weeks

Maccabi (my Krankenkasse, also a big one): 60% reduction

This is the biggest data we have to far. The second doses are only started to be given, at the end of the month there will be more stats. 

I had my reservations my wife got vaccinated about 2 weeks ago and so far she is looking ok.:) I'd take it

:D you are going to get me in trouble.
But seriously I couldn't help but think if things were to go south, all doctors are gonna be sick. I"m rooting for good results for everyone's sake.

43 minutes ago, kiplette said:

I love that your wife was your guinea-pig :lol:

He is progressive! Women first!

Like in Afghanistan.  Before, women walked behind men. Since late 1970, women now walk in front of men, especially near minefields!