How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   79 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

434 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Acton said:

I'll be the first in line to get whatever is on offer.

Does anyone know who will contact me about this? My doctor, the health aithoritity, who?

It depends on your age, preexisting conditions, and profession. 

Those over 90 have already been sent a letter with instructions on how to make an appointment. 

https://www.berlin.de/sen/gpg/service/presse/2020/pressemitteilung.1035441.php

Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.

8 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Plague rats fuck off

Eventually they will and their fucking off will include the traditional "and die" addendum. No one, not even their children, will really miss them.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

No one, not even their children, will really miss them.

Fake children can't miss anything.

On 1.1.2021, 12:03:03, MikeMelga said:

I also heard they are identifying the component that causes the allergies and plan to replace it. Seems to be one of the lipids.

Oh! Do you have a source, please?

6 hours ago, balticus said:

Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials

Given this stage of the pandemic and the jobs these people have, a large percentage of them might have already been infected and recovered.

7 hours ago, balticus said:

Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.

In Israel they would have been "ex-healthcare workers" for now. Even the cleaning staff in the hospitals is obliged to take a vaccine.

50 minutes ago, catjones said:

Given this stage of the pandemic and the jobs these people have, a large percentage of them might have already been infected and recovered.

Such as my mom in Ukraine. She did a PCR test, it was negative. But as she had a high temperature, loss of taste and smell, she was sure she had Corona. So she did a second (antibodies) test in a month after recovery, that showed a ton of antibodies.

35 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

In Israel they would have been "ex-healthcare workers" for now. Even the cleaning staff in the hospitals is obliged to take a vaccine.

I think this will come, as soon as each individual country fails to reach the 70% coverage.

6 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I think this will come, as soon as each individual country fails to reach the 70% coverage.

It is going to take months before there are enough vaccinations to go around. I suspect that the fraction of the population who'll opt to voluntarily take it will depend on how severe this winter will be, how well the vaccination campaigns go, and how many people die. 

I think most EU countries will face this decision before the end of the summer. In some cases, before the beginning of the summer. They might let it pass during the summer but as soon as deaths (not cases!) pop up again in the winter they will enforce teachers, healthcare professionals, etc.

I also think Germany being Germany will demand this earlier.

And a lot of people will have to get the shot if they want to travel outside EU.

One problem in achievieng the 70% is that the current approved vaccines are for people over 16, meaning you probably need close to 90% for the remaining of the population.

If / when the vaccines get approved for youngers, this can be reached.

But IMO the biggest problem will show up somewhere during spring. The elderly will be vaccinated by then, deaths drop and governments will just end all lockdowns, even if it becomes widespread.

Biden has declared his goal to be one million doses per day.  In a country of 330 million with each person getting two shots, that would take us into 2022.  Even at 70% he'll have to up his game.

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

That's because the current administration didn't order enough in time. But Biden will probably get blamed for it.

EU did the same mistake.

It seems many countries contracted for and ordered too few doses - by millions. I wonder when the bidding wars will begin after they have received all that they contracted for.

On 1/2/2021, 9:40:59, balticus said:

Yep read that and it seems to be split between people who don`t trust it,people who don`t think they need it because they`re confident in the safety procedures in the hospital and a lot are women who are pregnant or want to become pregnant (not been tested on pregnancy but the authorities say it is safe,not sure I`d trust that either without tests).

17 hours ago, fraufruit said:

That's because the current administration didn't order enough in time. 

Fake news.

I know that Nature is not as respected on this forum as Yahoo! and Politico, but what is described here is a hedging strategy.  It was not clear if/when development would work so the US government spread the funds across multiple projects.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02450-x

The UK has more potential doses per capita than any other country.

On 2.1.2021, 19:27:00, catjones said:

Biden has declared his goal to be one million doses per day.  In a country of 330 million with each person getting two shots, that would take us into 2022.  Even at 70% he'll have to up his game.

Can we talk about Germany here?

I see that people over 90 years old are being contacted. How many of them can there be?

I am over 70 and not a peep here in Pankow.