How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   79 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

434 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, yourkeau said:

John, if thalidomide is relevant to you, you might claim a 1 million dollar award as the first man in the world to get pregnant.

Otherwise, it is a cancer drug, and if you prefer to die but not get it because it is bad for your pregnancy... your choice. But this pandemic is not just your choice, it affects everyone. You cannot just claim "I don't want this vaccine because I am afraid of my bloody ass". You just go and get the fucking vaccine because you deserve it due to your age.

I am too young to get vaccinated. Do it. Fucking do it.

I am not anti-vaccination and will at some stage get the jab. All I am saying is - this is new territory as we don鈥榯 really know the possible聽side effects or other long terms aspects- that is all.

So, generally hopeful, but caveat emptor. Sort of...

54 minutes ago, john g. said:

we don鈥榯 really know the possible聽side effects or other long terms aspects-

But we do know the possible effects of corona virus short and long term. We get to choose.

Let me put it another way! Who should under no circumstances be vaccinated? Which pre-existing conditions would/could make the jab dangerous for someone? I am not thinking about myself here.

PS: I am not personally afraid of a jab. I could get run over by a bus tomorrow. Such is life..

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

Let me put it another way! Who should under no circumstances be vaccinated? Which pre-existing conditions would/could make the jab dangerous for someone? I am not thinking about myself here.

If you have pre-existing conditions there is probably more chance of you catching Covid and dying from it if you don`t get vaccinated rather than dying from the vaccine.

So I think many people will take that chance.

I also heard they are identifying the component that causes the allergies and plan to replace it. Seems to be one of the lipids.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Ya dun well, my son!馃槀馃檹馃徎

No, he didn麓t. There is a comma missing in:

6 hours ago, Keleth said:

Well I presume so

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

I also heard they are identifying the component that causes the allergies and plan to replace it. Seems to be one of the lipids.

AFAIK it麓s polyethylene glycol, a substance often used to make things soluble. It麓d麓s contained in a lot of drugs.

47 minutes ago, jeba said:

No, he didn麓t. There is a comma missing in:

Well I presume

Well I鈥榤 sorry to have to tell you this, but 馃檮馃檮馃檮, whether or聽not a comma is there has to do with whether or not a pause is to be spoken. 聽This becomes extremely obvious when a person鈥榮 speech is being quoted. 聽And since TT is a 鈥瀋hat鈥 forum we native English speakers tend to write things out as we would say them, and the nuances have meaning for us. 聽But then what would we聽know? 聽馃し鈥嶁檧锔 聽馃槀 聽Happy New Year BTW.

Happy new year 2021

Here is an update after my partner was vaccinated against Corona beginning of the week,聽@Metall聽and @john g.聽till now there are absolutely no side effects. Also she has聽no story to tell from the old age homes, where they are administering this to the 80+

Shall update once she and the old ones get聽the 2nd shot.

2 hours ago, balticus said:

A comma should separate an introductory word or phrase from the rest of the sentence.聽聽

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/commas-after-introductory-words/

For example:

By the way, happy new year.聽 聽馃槀

Not when one is quoting speech or chatting, because that鈥檚 not the way people talk. 聽Also, you have quoted one source, but you will find that the language聽is evolving, and commas are becoming used less and less frequently. 聽But again, what would I聽know? 聽馃し鈥嶁檧锔 聽馃槀

鈥濰appy New Year, BTW鈥 is spoken聽differently than 鈥濰appy New Year BTW鈥,聽and yet each version is correct.聽

3 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Not when one is quoting speech or chatting, because that鈥檚 not the way people talk. 聽Also, you have quoted one source, but you will find that the language聽is evolving, and commas are becoming used less and less frequently. 聽But again, what would you know? 聽馃し鈥嶁檧锔 聽馃槀

鈥濰appy New Year, BTW鈥溾poken differently than 鈥濰appy New Year BTW鈥,聽and yet each version is correct.聽

Okay.聽 聽Then by the way happy new year.聽 ;)

9 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

聽Also, you have quoted one source

After all, that麓s one more than you did. Here is another one:

To sum up the rule on introductory words: Use commas to separate them from the rest of the sentence, or omit them entirely.

Which sentence is correct?

A. Well Ella plays the piano well when she is in the mood.

B. Well, Ella plays the piano, well, when she is in the mood.

C. Well, Ella plays the piano well when she is in the mood.

Answer: Sentence C is correct.

source: https://www.dummies.com/education/language-arts/grammar/how-to-use-commas-with-introductory-words-and-phrases/

Maybe we should open a thread to discuss punctuation?

50 minutes ago, jeba said:

After all, that麓s one more than you did. Here is another one:

source: https://www.dummies.com/education/language-arts/grammar/how-to-use-commas-with-introductory-words-and-phrases/

Maybe we should open a thread to discuss punctuation?

Jesus fucking christ it`s a forum not someones fucking thesis.

This forum would be full of people correcting grammar if people were worried about it.

Could you understand what was meant ?

If not that wasn`t the fault of a missing comma that was you being a thick shit.

Can鈥檛 remember what the topic is!馃檲馃槀

( Only joking!)馃榾

Back to the topic- is it not always wise to ask questions?

I can鈥檛 say I would trust a new vaccine with my life.. but I would hope. Thus a question- who can guarantee the vaccine would save my or your life? No one.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Thus a question- who can guarantee the vaccine would save my or your life? No one

True. But could anyone guarantee that you won麓t catch the virus? After more than a million of vaccinations it seems to me a risk worth taking.

I'll be the first in line to get whatever is on offer.

Does anyone know who will contact me about this? My doctor, the health aithoritity, who?