How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   84 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

456 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jeba said:

Do you have to be a resident in order to be vacccinated? Or could I fly to Israel, show my Medical ID and get a shot?

You cannot fly to Israel unless you're a resident/citizen, all international travel is banned. If you're allowed into the country, you will be put into a quarantine hotel (free, 5 star hotel, but it is still a prison). 

Otherwise, yes, you need to have a local ID number. The government also plans to vaccinate refugee seekers/undocumented migrants, too, but I have no idea, how. 

4 hours ago, jeba said:

Do you have to be a resident in order to be vacccinated? 

Apparently non-residents can get it in Switzerland which means we should get ours around a year sooner than had we been in the German system and our Swiss health insurance pays. Though I will belieive it when I see it.

If you don't have insurance you can still get the jabs here and just pay for the appointments yourself. 

----

Meanwhile a 91 year old died after having the injection on Xmas Eve. It was initially reported in an alarming (and irresponsible) way without any detail on the case. Later they revealed the person's age and the fact that they had several ongoing health issues. 

https://www.20min.ch/story/91-jaehrige-person-stirbt-nach-impfung-behoerden-beruhigen-237366833471

34 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

You cannot fly to Israel unless you're a resident/citizen, all international travel is banned. If you're allowed into the country, you will be put into a quarantine hotel (free, 5 star hotel, but it is still a prison). 

Otherwise, yes, you need to have a local ID number. The government also plans to vaccinate refugee seekers/undocumented migrants, too, but I have no idea, how. 

I read they´ve already managed to vaccinate 7% of the population by yesterday (https://www.nzz.ch/international/coronavirus-in-israel-weltweite-spitze-bei-impfungen-ld.1594339?kid=_2020-12-30&trco=&mktcid=nled&ga=1&mktcval=164_2020--12-31&reduced=true).

I wonder how they organize it so that people can avoid close contact with each other while still being monitored for side effects after vaccination. Do they ask people to remain on site and under supervision for at least 30 min following the jab? Is lack of space for that a limiting factor?

47 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

... a 91 year old died after having the injection...

Yes, this is perfect fodder for the anti-vaxxers. Loads of 90 year olds will die shortly after vaccination because, well, they are 90... they are sure to say the vaccine finished them off. When actually, those vaccinated first will not live long enough for any long-term effects to come to light...

4 hours ago, jeba said:

I wonder how they organize it so that people can avoid close contact with each other while still being monitored for side effects after vaccination. Do they ask people to remain on site and under supervision for at least 30 min following the jab? Is lack of space for that a limiting factor?

Yes. 15 minutes is the standard waiting time, 30 minutes: if the person has allergies or some other factors of risk.

I have been to two vaccination centers, one is in open air, however the line to the vaccination room (about 10 people) is in the building.

The second one is an open space in the hospital. For this one you need appointment. Then the waiting room for 15 minutes is in a cinema room.

I have also heard they vaccinate at the Haifa football stadium. I have been there for the conference 1 year ago, basically there is a big conference center there with enough space, and I assume the waiting is in the stadium itself.

5 hours ago, optimista said:

Yes, this is perfect fodder for the anti-vaxxers. Loads of 90 year olds will die shortly after vaccination because, well, they are 90... they are sure to say the vaccine finished them off. When actually, those vaccinated first will not live long enough for any long-term effects to come to light...

Yer when they die of Covid the idiots say well they were 90 so bound to happen anyway,yet when they die after the vaxx then it`s look the vaxx killed him.

5 hours ago, jeba said:

I read they´ve already managed to vaccinate 7% of the population by yesterday

Don`t forget though when we hear about how many people have been vaccinated already those same people have to be vaccinated again in 4 weeks time so you actually have to do vaccines for a population twice the size.

6 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Meanwhile a 91 year old died after having the injection on Xmas Eve. It was initially reported in an alarming (and irresponsible) way without any detail on the case. Later they revealed the person's age and the fact that they had several ongoing health issues. 

It would be nice if the COVID deaths would be reported the same way, i.e. how many comorbidities or risk factors the patient has.    It would seem objective at least.  

22 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yer when they die of Covid the idiots say well they were 90 so bound to happen anyway,yet when they die after the vaxx then it`s look the vaxx killed him.

Would elderly people who are unhealthy be vaccinated?    

If you are already constructing a narrative to defend against side effects and explain why the vaccine might not work, you might want to do a re-think.

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Oh do fuck off

Most people are getting ready to wish each other Happy New Year right now😂!

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Would elderly people who are unhealthy be vaccinated?    

If you are already constructing a narrative to defend against side effects and explain why the vaccine might not work, you might want to do a re-think.

It is a good point. What are the possible side effects? Not wishing any on anyone but shit happens.. thalidomide et al. 
This is new territory. 

3 hours ago, Keleth said:

Don`t forget though when we hear about how many people have been vaccinated already those same people have to be vaccinated again in 4 weeks time so you actually have to do vaccines for a population twice the size.

Not an expert here ( none of us is ) but aren’t there reports the Oxford thingy is a one off jab? 
I might be wrong. Probably am.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Most people are getting ready to wish each other Happy New Year right now😂!

It`s post belongs in the conspiracy theory thread.

Your friend has gone remarkably quiet in the Trump threads now its hero has lost,so he moves on to the Brexit and Covid threads to spread it´s twattish ideas.

If you don`t like it,well my field of fucks is empty at the moment.

40 minutes ago, john g. said:

Not an expert here ( none of us is ) but aren’t there reports the Oxford thingy is a one off jab? 

No.

The advantage of the Oxford vaccine is that it can be stored in a normal fridge whereas the other has to be stored at -70 or something and it`s cheaper and can be produced quicker.

Not my friend- don’t know from Adam.

I have my own reality and circle of friends.

Cold, normal  fridge! Fine! 🙏🏻

By the way... “ it’s post “..erm, worried about the gender there and the apostrophe abuse at the same time!😩😂

31 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Your friend has gone remarkably quiet in the Trump threads now its hero has lost,so he moves on to the Brexit and Covid threads to spread it´s twattish ideas.

I assume you're still spreading yours on all of the threads! :rolleyes: I wouldn't know though as I'm not currently subscribed to the various Trump/election threads. ^_^ 

25 minutes ago, john g. said:

By the way... “ it’s post “..erm, worried about the gender there and the apostrophe abuse at the same time! 

Anyone who doesn't agree with Keleth and his loopy ideas on all subjects must be a bot to him - hence the doubly erroneous use of 'it'. ;)

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

I assume you're still spreading yours on all of the threads! :rolleyes: I wouldn't know though as I'm not currently subscribed to the various Trump/election threads. ^_^ 

Anyone who doesn't agree with Keleth and his loopy ideas on all subjects must be a bot to him - hence the doubly erroneous use of 'it'. ;)

Unhappy people in life don’t accept views different to their own. They are not relaxed enough. They blame others.

I do the same if I am in a bad mood or make a mistake!😀

4 hours ago, john g. said:

It is a good point. What are the possible side effects? Not wishing any on anyone but shit happens.. thalidomide et al. 
This is new territory. 

John, if thalidomide is relevant to you, you might claim a 1 million dollar award as the first man in the world to get pregnant.

Otherwise, it is a cancer drug, and if you prefer to die but not get it because it is bad for your pregnancy... your choice. But this pandemic is not just your choice, it affects everyone. You cannot just claim "I don't want this vaccine because I am afraid of my bloody ass". You just go and get the fucking vaccine because you deserve it due to your age.

I am too young to get vaccinated. Do it. Fucking do it.

10 hours ago, john g. said:

You are wrong indeed. The "Oxford thingy" uses another virus to get the actual vaccine into your body´s cells. The current assumption is that it´s not as effective as e. g. the Biontech vaccine because your body will learn to defend against the virus they use as a carrier, partly defeating the purpose that way. That´s why they are in talks with the Russians to use the Russian carrier virus for the second shot.

10 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Anyone who doesn't agree with Keleth and his loopy ideas on all subjects must be a bot to him - hence the doubly erroneous use of 'it'

Don`t think I`ve ever suggested anyone is a bot but hey you carry on talking shit as per usual.

And the IT thing is because Balticus is always proud of not revealing anything about themselves except for the fact they`ve lived in nearly every country in the world (Well I presume so because they`re fond of telling other people if they`ve never lived there not to comment on a country)and is an expert in every subject.

10 hours ago, john g. said:

Unhappy people in life don’t accept views different to their own. They are not relaxed enough. They blame others.

I do the same if I am in a bad mood or make a mistake!😀

Oh I`m quite happy to listen to views other than my own.

Except when they go into the conspiracy theory line of thinking which Balticus is starting to push in a lot of threads.Give it a while and it`ll be the new J2.

Hopefully no wrong grammar in this reply as I wouldn`t want to hurt you.