How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?   98 votes

1. 1. How many of you will trust Covid-19 vaccine with own lives?

• I will do it, this vaccine is made by doctors, and they know how is done and if is efficient.
    • I will not do it, doctors got different opinions about side effects, for the moment they don't trust this vaccine, why should I do it?
    • Vaccine? For Covid-19? GTFOOH! Doctors still learn the virus and you want to do a vaccine? Are you insane?
    • They plan to force people to do the vaccine, in order to fly, otherwise you cannot fly or travel internationally without one.
    • I am ok without one, I am still healthy, after 8-9 months of ''quarantine living'. With mask and disinfectants who needs a vaccine?
    • I will do it, but in a year or so, first persons are ''lab rats'' testers. I don't trust them yet.
    • I was already sick. No need for a vaccine for me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

643 posts in this topic

I'll decide once I know more about side effects and their incidence.

I think it will pretty well tested before my turn comes to get it. It's not like we can just get it on day one.

As for possibly not being able to fly, etc. without the vaccine down the road, has anyone heard of how they might handle this? Will people get some kind of vaccine certificate to prove they got it?

On one hand, you have >1% of dying if you catch the virus. Probably 20-30% of having serious issues for life.

On the other hand, you reduce that risk, you protect others and have an extremely low chance of suffering side effects after 100.000 people reported nothing more serious than headaches.

Simple answer.

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

As for possibly not being able to fly, etc. without the vaccine down the road, has anyone heard of how they might handle this? Will people get some kind of vaccine certificate to prove they got it?

Yes, some airlines are already saying they will demand it. I suspect mostly for long haul flights.

In any case, if you are doing business travels outside Europe you usually need to be vaccinated for most stuff, otherwise company doctor won't allow it.

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

On one hand, you have >1% of dying if you catch the virus.

The wife has apparently a lot bigger chance of dying than that so I know she is waiting for the vaccine and will take it and so will I.

If that's the case, what's the plan for handing out vaccination certificates to prove that one got a vaccine? I haven't heard anything about this. it would be a real PITA to try to go get proof after the fact. They will be too busy.

1 minute ago, fraufruit said:

If that's the case, what's the plan for handing out vaccination certificates to prove that one got a vaccine? I haven't heard anything about this. it would be a real PITA to try to go get proof after the fact. They will be too busy.

Impfpass ?

9 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Yes, some airlines are already saying they will demand it. I suspect mostly for long haul flights.

Interesting! Do you have a source?

9 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

In any case, if you are doing business travels outside Europe you usually need to be vaccinated for most stuff, otherwise company doctor won't allow it.

My company simply refuses sick pay if employees travel to risk areas and fall sick afterwards. I'm hoping proof of vaccination will change that, else I won't be able to visit the US for a long time.

I guess the same way you get it for other vaccines: a stamp and a signature on your vaccination card.

Perhaps as this is a special case, they issue later on a document and send it home, but one current issue is that they want to avoid storing inoculation data on a database, afraid it might delay the process due to data protection issues.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Ultimately, i.e. long term, putting a microchip in everyone would allow monitoring.  

4 minutes ago, Metall said:

My company simply refuses sick pay if employees travel to risk areas and fall sick afterwards. I'm hoping proof of vaccination will change that, else I won't be able to visit the US for a long time.

Same policy as my company however if someone goes on a trip for work then that`s different.

Just now, balticus said:

Ultimately, i.e. long term, putting a microchip in everyone would allow monitoring.  

Oh and the conspiracy theorists jump into this thread.

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

Oh and the conspiracy theorists jump into this thread.

Because everyone knows that the microchip will be in the vaccine itself. Just ask Bill Gates.

:D

Damn, just when I thought we had a decent conversation going.

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

IF this corona shit is that same level- ok. If not- no.

As far as I have read, mRNA vaccines are probably even safer than normal vaccines, especially safer than DNA vaccines, but these being the first of their kind, of course we need to watch how it goes. There are concerns of autoimunity reactions. But is probably low and most side effects will be fever and a headache.

Most people will escape “severe” side effects, defined as those that prevent daily activity. Fewer than 2% of recipients of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines developed severe fevers of 39°C to 40°C. But if the companies win regulatory approvals, they're aiming to supply vaccine to 35 million people worldwide by the end of December. If 2% experienced severe fever, that would be 700,000 people.

Other transient side effects would likely affect even more people. The independent board that conducted the interim analysis of Moderna's huge trial found that severe side effects included fatigue in 9.7% of participants, muscle pain in 8.9%, joint pain in 5.2%, and headache in 4.5%. In the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine trial, the numbers were lower: Severe side effects included fatigue (3.8%) and headache (2%).

“Given that COVID can kill or incapacitate people, everybody should bite the bullet and expect a rough night. … Get lots of naproxen.”

There's a conference center in Konstanz right across the Rhein from where I live and it's already been publicized that it will be turned into one of the many regional vaccination centers in BW.  From what I read in the Südkurier from 11/24 the planning and delivery logistics look excellent.  I'm encouraged.  

14 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Because everyone knows that the microchip will be in the vaccine itself. Just ask Bill Gates.

Nobody here said that.

14 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Damn, just when I thought we had a decent conversation going.

A microchip is a practical solution.  

Implanting microchips in the US population is discussed here in 2005 by a Democratic Senator (who is clearly now a shadow of his former self) as part of the hearing for John Roberts to become Justice/Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.   Go to 6:55.  

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4479992/user-clip-judge-roberts-confirmation

#balticuspredictions