Best EU countries for taxes for freelancers

22 posts in this topic

On 27/11/2020, 10:24:19, kapil354 said:

Hej folks, which countries in  EU work best for freelancers wrt taxes.

I do not want to pay such high taxes in Germany or Denmark. Any suggestions - Czech, Portugal?

Appreciate your suggestions.

Did you sort something out? I'm also looking at getting out of Germany. I thought about Switzerland as the freelancer+EU citizen permit combo seems practical. I want to be on the EU mainland for travel purposes. 

Ireland is actually a good option, tax rates are surprisingly low in EU terms - just stay out of Dublin city and surrounding areas - there are far more friendly and beautiful places to live (Galway for example). 

The UK is favourable too, but I guess that is a bust now. 

On 12/10/2020, 12:45:02, perleo said:

Did you sort something out? I'm also looking at getting out of Germany. I thought about Switzerland as the freelancer+EU citizen permit combo seems practical. I want to be on the EU mainland for travel purposes. 

Ireland is actually a good option, tax rates are surprisingly low in EU terms - just stay out of Dublin city and surrounding areas - there are far more friendly and beautiful places to live (Galway for example). 

The UK is favourable too, but I guess that is a bust now. 

On 11/29/2020, 11:29:54, jeba said:

In Cyprus the corporate tax for certain industries (forgot which ones exactly, l think those dealing with intellectual property) is only 2.5%, otherwise 12.5%. And everyone speaks English. Almost everyone at least. Last week though I was dining at a restaurant with a German friend who thought she spoke Greek well enough to order a bone for my dog as the waiter didn't understand the word "bone". That "bone" she had ordered looked like a very nice steak and cost more than my fish&chips.😃 Doggie didn't mind though.

Sure how are taxes in Ireland?