US Presidential Election Fallout

1,310 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

It does not require any skills to move the website anywhere in the world.

But if I were a real redneck I would host it on my own servers somewhere in the former nuclear bunker in Arizona. No one can ban me then. I am very disappointed they trusted their data to Amazon in the first place. Fake rednecks!

Given Jeff Bezos appears to be Trump's most hated person (I guess he is guilty of the crime of being a much more successful businessman?) it's quite astounding that Parlour were using his platform.

3 hours ago, Mackle said:

Given Jeff Bezos appears to be Trump's most hated person (I guess he is guilty of the crime of being a much more successful businessman?) it's quite astounding that Parlour were using his platform.

If trump is making lists based on that I need to know where he's buying the paper from,  I'd like to invest in that company.

17 hours ago, cb6dba said:

If trump is making lists based on that I need to know where he's buying the paper from,  I'd like to invest in that company.

:lol:

It's not entirely as straightforward as that - Larry Ellison is also more successful in business than Trump, but was fundraising for Trump last year (which did not go down well with employees) and is apparently the guy who told Trump about hydroxychloroquine 

Old habits die hard: Generals deliver Biden’s first security briefing using hand puppets

Freshly inaugurated US President Joe Biden got a shock on his first day at work in the White House. His Generals delivered the security briefing using boldly coloured graphics and hand puppets. Evidently they were accustomed to taking this approach with President Biden’s predecessor.

“La la la la la, Mr Khomeini is in Iran - don't confuse it with Pakistan,” sings highly decorated Four-Star General Doug Henderson Jr., as he makes a serious-looking hand puppet take a bow. “Mr Khomeini wants to have nuclear power. But some people say that he wants to build a bomb. That makes Mr Khomeini mad. He says: boo! Booooo! And who is this? Look! It’s that nasty Russian Vladi…”

Suddenly, the general pauses mid-play, irked. “Mr President, why are you not clapping or angrily throwing popcorn? Is there something wrong with your briefing? Is it too complicated?”

At this, President Biden indignantly requests a standard, paper-format security briefing. His generals are now in the process of illustrating a man with buffalo horns using bright colours in order to warn him of the danger posed by QAnon and other radicalised supporters of his predecessor, President Donald Trump.

Yes, it's satire - but I believe that's how it was until Jan 21

Powell and Giuliani have a lot of responsibility for some people feeling that the election was rigged and stolen. Had they not have behaved like they had, then I don't think the storming of the Capitol would have happened

1 hour ago, Mackle said:

Powell and Giuliani have a lot of responsibility for some people feeling that the election was rigged and stolen. Had they not have behaved like they had, then I don't think the storming of the Capitol would have happened

And Giuliani is on camera saying there should be trial by combat... Talking to a crowd that went on to storm a government building and kill a policeman.

Popcorn time is coming. 

1 hour ago, Mackle said:

I still lay the blame squarely at Trump's feet. They were his minions. Trump also trashed Dominion many times. Maybe he will be next on their list.

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I still lay the blame squarely at Trump's feet. They were his minions. Trump also trashed Dominion many times. Maybe he will be next on their list.

Sure, but letting Godwin's Law breaks eggs for a moment, minions must shoulder the blame too. They are enablers, without them what would the Fanta Menace be?

2 hours ago, cb6dba said:

They needn't worry, trump will just pardon them.

Don't know if you're being facetious, but pardons only cover criminal offenses, not civil.

Also:

600f07c27ebc3_fark_iqZuE9-sUV0CbBN9-EsWR

28 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Don't know if you're being facetious, but pardons only cover criminal offenses, not civil.

Presidential pardons and clemency only cover federal criminal offenses.  The President cannot issue a pardon or clemency for a state or local criminal offense, and as you wrote, certainly not civil offenses.

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Also:

600f07c27ebc3_fark_iqZuE9-sUV0CbBN9-EsWR

Yep, the pardon will not cover state crimes, but it does cover state crimes in DC.. 

This will not help Trump in New York where I think they passed a law making some things state crimes that would normally be covered by the pardon..

I was totally being facetious. 

3 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Sure, but letting Godwin's Law breaks eggs for a moment, minions must shoulder the blame too. They are enablers, without them what would the Fanta Menace be?

I agree. When Dominion was asked about suing Trump as well, they said everything is possible. Maybe they will.

BTW, Trump can't pardon anyone any more. Not sure what all the pardon talk is about.

12 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

BTW, Trump can't pardon anyone any more. Not sure what all the pardon talk is about.

I saw an opinion on a news program that the president doesn't have to make his pardons public, that Trump could also have written "get out of jail free cards" for himself and his kids that he can pull out of a hat later.

Surprised J2 hasn`t posted this "news" yet.

dvwoqmopoxe1olfjxy7x.jpg.9bf54dce772a8ee

These people are so deluded and will do anything to not admit they`re just deluded.