US Presidential Election Fallout

1,310 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

Do those mints have the same effect in orange Fanta as they do in cola?

Should do. It's not a chemical reaction, but the carbon dioxide forced into the liquid under pressure forming bubbles around the thousands of nucleation sites on the bumpy mints which have sunk to the bottom of the bottle, and that gas then escaping up through the liquid and out of the bottle.

2 minutes ago, Metall said:

Air Force One took off. "My Way", my ass. Good riddance.

Please tell me there are fireworks involved. From a secure height for leaving the plane via parachute for the personnel, that is...

12 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Should do. It's not a chemical reaction, but the carbon dioxide forced into the liquid under pressure forming bubbles around the thousands of nucleation sites on the bumpy mints which have sunk to the bottom of the bottle, and that gas then escaping up through the liquid and out of the bottle.

It's the Kukident Effect.

:lol:

As a non American I have a question. When power is handed between presidents isn't it usual for the outgoing pres to shake hands with the former pres and briefly stand together with the incoming pres then they climb aboard the helicopter for the last time? This time is different?

2 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

As a non American I have a question. When power is handed between presidents isn't it usual for the outgoing pres to shake hands with the former pres and briefly stand together with the incoming pres then they climb aboard the helicopter for the last time? This time is different?

Do we really want to see a grumpy Trump tantrump...

3 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

It may be usual, but, would you want to stand next to Trump and have to shake hands with him? 

9 minutes ago, SusieT said:

It may be usual, but, would you want to stand next to Trump and have to shake hands with him? 

Had Trump been there and/or attempted a handshake Biden would have behaved with integrity and respect just as all the presidents in recent history have.  For him the symbolism of the moment and solemnity of the occasion are paramount.  The disrespect is coming only from Trump.  He elevates himself above all else.  🤮

20 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

He broke all of the transition of power traditions. He never conceded losing. He and Melania didn't invite the Bidens to the WH. Melania snubbed Dr. Jill by not inviting her for the traditional tea that current and incoming first ladies normally have. He didn't attend the inauguration. 

He did it all His Way and he will go down in history for that as a complete asshat.

Is anybody watching the CNN stream just now? It's getting very choppy - is it just me, or is the streaming server overwhelmed?

Edit: Found another stream.

When Biden and Harris arrived at the Capitol just now, I was thinking "please get inside".

The Marine commands made me jump...

... and when Biden walked into the the Capitol, he distinctly said to the Marines guarding the door: "God bless the Marines."

I guess it's gradually time to let go of this thread, and to shift over to the "President-Elect Joe Biden Thread".

I'll go there now.

9 minutes ago, Metall said:

When Biden and Harris arrived at the Capitol just now, I was thinking "please get inside".

The Marine commands made me jump...

... and when Biden walked into the the Capitol, he distinctly said to the Marines guarding the door: "God bless the Marines."

I'm guessing the type pf people that stormed the capital last time are the 'brave when there are more of us' types.

This thread has been a lesson in how an insecure baby can become president and ow people can be easily fooled in to thinking he is the greatest thing on the planet.

It's like Stockholm syndrome for self delusion.

Still, lots of fun,people talking sense and pointing out what a total utter idiot the guy is. 

OOH SOOOOOON....

On 1/16/2021, 9:11:46, jeremytwo said:

Trump will not be sworn in as President on Jan 20. He will be the 19th of the restored Republic ion 4 March.

The troops are in DC as part of COG, also known as Continuity of Government. There is a sort of shadow govt already running things through FEMA.

Of course, as requested and mentioned by several conservatives, everyone will not come together and support the new president in a show of unity, to heal the nation.

Which is nice of them to say that there was damage, should have used a plaster, over Trump's mouth.

Still, unity... and a plaster...