US Presidential Election Fallout

1,310 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, balticus said:

I don't support the people who stormed the Capitol, nor did i support the violent and destructive protests which occurred in the summer of 2020.   

This was a "coup d'etat" or insurrection only in the eyes of the utterly hysterical. 🤡

Not all protests are a coup. It has a pretty strict definition: an attempt to overthrow the legal government. This has happened. 

If you want to address the left-wing coup, it did happen in recent history but not in the USA. Antifa in America is weak and barely exist (except in the minds of conspiracy theorists). 

It happened here in Frankfurt when a violent mob believing in conspiracy theories (these time it was left-wing conspiracy theories) tried to storm the ECB building. They did not succeed as there were no supporters inside the bank, so they just rioted the streets. But they did want to occupy the bank and bring euro to collapse.  This desire qualifies the definition of coup attempt. 

Basically, in 2021 the lunatics of right and left believe in the same thing. What will happen next, they will support some queer-leader uniting Nazis and Commies alike. that happens sometime after 2033, I think. 

18 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

Parler does seem to currently be down, and the Parler exploit at first glance seems to be real.  Check out @donk_enby on Twitter.

According to BBC,  Amazon have pulled the plug on them, so far they have not found anyone else to host the site!

27 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Not all protests are a coup. It has a pretty strict definition: an attempt to overthrow the legal government. This has happened. 

Only in the minds of the emotionally unstable.   

I saw a bunch of idiots with Halloween costumes try to force their way into the Capitol, but no attempt to seize the levers of power.   

When the anti-Kavanaugh protesters occupied the Senate Hart Office Building, ABC, NBC, MSNBC and CNN cheered them on.    Only a hysteric would have called that stunt an insurrection or riot.  

Get a grip.      There is no need to exaggerate everything to make it seem less nuanced.  

Why is Nancy Pelosi so afraid when Trump should be gone in 9-10 days?

Just look at all these traitorous assholes right here:

Some of them were just Cosplaytriots, but others were there to take hostages and maybe even commit murder.

Insurrectionists shouted, “Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence!” A gallows with a noose was erected on the Mall in front of the Capitol.

Another video, by Jayden X, showed a gray-haired woman at the front of a crowd confronting a group of Capitol Police officers. Her ponytail shaking, she screamed, “Tell [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi we’re coming for her.”

More in my link.

Lol @ parler. Fucking idiots. I would however be concerned that some of these losers who normally get to wank off to each others hate filled bile will go flaccid without it and feel the need to go outside and "do stuff".

This is something else... see the woman rioter interviewed at 7:00:

Related Daily Mail article

I feel kind of sorry for her. Clearly not the sharpest pebble on the beach. But I suppose even the incredibly dim will have contributed to this. Or were they the majority?

YouGov: Most voters say the events at the US Capitol are a threat to democracy

"many Republicans (45%) actively support the actions of those at the Capitol, although as many expressed their opposition (43%)"

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Basically, in 2021 the lunatics of right and left believe in the same thing. What will happen next, they will support some queer-leader uniting Nazis and Commies alike. that happens sometime after 2033, I think. 

Make that 2038 when the lights will go out in Germany as coal fired power plants will be shut off just like the nuclear power stations will have been.

Is there any information from a reliable source out there on how many rioters actually entered the building? Police seem to be being criticised for just letting rioters through, but if the alternative was being seriously injured or killed, it seems understandable that some may have decided to give way if they could see that they'd be overwhelmed.  There seems to be footage available of police officers not wearing riot gear giving way and of a police officer in riot gear being crushed in a doorway. Maybe even those in riot gear weren't expected to push back until they were injured or killed.

@Lorelei

I can't find any specific numbers reported on how many got in, but this article from the Washington Post says there were 8000 protestors on Pennsylvania Avenue and 1400 Capitol Police officers on duty. It also covers some of the background regarding the callout of the national guard etc. 

The pictures attached to this article from the NYT shows some of the number who were actually inside, and some scenes from outside, it looks seriously unpleasant.

24 minutes ago, pappnase said:

@Lorelei

I can't find any specific numbers reported on how many got in, but this article from the Washington Post says there were 8000 protestors on Pennsylvania Avenue and 1400 Capitol Police officers on duty. It also covers some of the background regarding the callout of the national guard etc. 

The pictures attached to this article from the NYT shows some of the number who were actually inside, and some scenes from outside, it looks seriously unpleasant.

Thanks for those. Very informative. Here's hoping the forces of law and order get their act together by the time of the inauguration and probably before/after.

It's hard to believe that people are still tying to either cover over the whole thing or divert attention from it.

Part of that mob killed a policeman and illegally entered a government building.

To try and argue over it is insurrection etc is just trying to avoid the deaths instigated by a person said people have been defending and supporting. It's bordering defending domestic terrorists and rioters. Also given that the same people were calling for BLM rioters to be locked up but oh look, white folks killing a white policemen, quick, look over there, let's argue about the frame of the riot, was it bad, was it allowed, was it insurrection, a revolution, look, cats paying with balls of wool, a doggie...

Some people have backed and defended an incompetent guy and this is the payment. Be grateful the payment here is that some of us are laughing at you and not that one of us has been bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher.

12 hours ago, pappnase said:

John, some questions are more than just questions, for example  "Have you stopped beating your spouse?" "Which kind of dog do you prefer poisoning?"

Loaded questions like this are used so often as a dishonest debating technique that when you do this, you call into doubt your integrity.

They are 'just questions' but they are also just bullshit.

When you get called out on a loaded question like this and then raise the defense of "Just Asking a Question" then in come circles,  it is called 'JAQing off'. 

The simple fact is that they were not there to overthrow Trump so hypotheticals such as the one you pose serve no meaningful purpose except mental masturbation.

Fair enough! My intentions were genuine- though, looking back, probably naive. 
Fair play to you also for explaining what JAQing off is! 🙏🏻
I still consider myself a person of integrity in the main but, of course , that is for others to judge or not subjectively.👍🏼

Also know as strawman arguments, right?

We have one or two (not talking about John G) experts on here.

Ok, when I say experts, I mean people who have tried to use such tactics to try to win points and have in the past as thy could not put together an argument with facts to back up what they said.

Scarecrows, what-a-boutery-and misdirection.

That's pretty much all they had, have, and will have.