US Presidential Election Fallout

1,310 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, john g. said:

Would you feel differently if the morons that invaded the Capitol had gone in with the aim to get rid of Trump?

Curious!

This question is reprehensible whataboutism and an embarrassment to logic. The bat caught so much air you literally swung yourself in a circle. Bravo for the depth to which this comment sinks.

The first three officers on the succession plan to the US presidency was in that building at one time. Trump organized this insurrection to make sure the first available person was Pompeo, his ass-kissing loyalist.

It wasn’t a comment - it was a question.

A genuine one.

And a tragedy that the US could have become Latin America all on one day. Seriously.

4 minutes ago, john g. said:

It wasn’t a comment - it was a question.

A genuine one.

I don't believe that - either part. You aren't prone to JAQing off. You normally prefer not to embarrass yourself.

I embarrass myself a lot!😂

Don’t believe me if you don’t want to. It was a genuine question. 
Embarrassing myself again- what is JAQing?

I can deal with not being up to date with the latest jargon/ gibberish! But I need help from you youngsters!!

35 minutes ago, Sannerl said:

No, I wouldn't - a crime is a crime.

And I'm not too sure those morons won't try to do exactly that after Trump literally threw them under the bus.

I just hope Trump gets convicted for his crimes under the law and not by a lynch mob.

*clap clap clap*

6 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

@balticus I already wrote that I'm not happy she's dead, find it a tragedy, and feel for her family.  I also never mentioned one way or another whether I thought the force was excessive, and I won't now either.  I don't know.  I'm not a cop, and I wasn't there, etcetera, and none of that was my point.  My point was that a black person would probably think twice before running directly toward a law enforcement officer with a drawn weapon, but this woman didn't think anything bad was going to happen to her.  The "privilege" I speak of is being able to think that way.  A lot of people don't have the luxury of not being viewed as a threat (even when they're not doing anything threatening).  This woman was so brazen in her entitlement (possibly, or some other mental issues) that she fully believed she could run directly into a cop's gun while openly breaking the law and being ordered to keep away, and that nothing whatsoever would happen to her.  My point wasn't about whether or not she should have been shot, but why she wholeheartedly believed she wouldn't, couldn't be.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

She really did not think there was any chance of getting shot while breaking on to a barricaded room full of armed police in a government building that has been stormed during a riot after being told to not come in.

4 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

The Terminator knows what the fuck is going on:

How about it, Trump supporters? Are you going to continue to go along with the lies and the bullshit? Or are you going to wake up and smell the motherfucking coffee?

Shows the comparison between trump and a guy that can deliver a targeted speech with a message while keeping to the point.

Compared to Conan and Biden, trump looks like a 4th grader who hasn't done his homework as he though daddy would have paid for his passing grade.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

Bless her heart! Isn't she precious!!

A fellow country-person....

Says it all really!   :lol:

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

The first three officers on the succession plan to the US presidency was in that building at one time. Trump organized this insurrection to make sure the first available person was Pompeo, his ass-kissing loyalist.

Maybe there really are no coincidences. I feel myself drawn to this consideration.

I'm not sure this already was posted, so here goes:

"Vice President Mike Pence, not President Donald Trump, helped facilitate the decision to mobilize members of the DC National Guard Wednesday when violence at the US Capitol building started to escalate, according to a source familiar with the move and public comments from top officials.

Trump, who has proven over the past year to be eager to deploy the National Guard when violence breaks out, initially resisted doing so on Capitol Hill Wednesday as a mob of his supporters breached the building, per a source familiar. Pence played a key role in coordinating with the Pentagon about deploying them, and urged them to move faster than they were."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/pence-national-guard/index.html

He's going home, he's going home. Trumpy's going home...

Oh wait, he can't, his Florida place is registered as a business for tax reasons, he can't live here.

NY has passed a law saying a presidential pardon doesn't stop being prosecuted there, so he can't go this daughter's place.

I doubt Scotland would want him, maybe Nigel will give him a couch to sleep on?

*Odd Couple theme tune starts in background*..

10 hours ago, AlexTr said:

What shall we call it?

The Putz Putsch?

The Redneck Rebellion?

The Ratfucker Revolution?

Saw a couple more:

Conservative Coachella

and my very favorite so far:

Insane Clown's Posse

8 hours ago, AlexTr said:

This question is reprehensible whataboutism and an embarrassment to logic. The bat caught so much air you literally swung yourself in a circle. Bravo for the depth to which this comment sinks.

That is a strange and longwinded way of saying "yes".    🤡

8 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Shouldn't that be "were" not "was"?   You seem agitated.   All lathered up just like in the old days when you thought that the last piece of the puzzle had been found or the last domino had fallen or the Rubicon had been crossed and somebody was going to arrest and lock up Trump and the other targets of your angry tirades and prove you correct.   I really hope that you can take it easy after this passes.   It's got to be hell for anyone you live or work with.   

Trump called people to DC to protest alleged voter fraud.   The vast majority of the hundreds of thousands of people were peaceful and law abiding.   

Without serious weapons, seizing the communication structure, and commandeering the military, the notion that this was an organized coup or insurrection, by Trump or anyone else is pure hysteria.    🤪

Calm down.   Get some fresh air and exercise.  💨❄️🌞

6 hours ago, katheliz said:

Maybe there really are no coincidences. I feel myself drawn to this consideration.

Sounds like you are dabbling in conspiracy theory, @katheliz .     Consideration?   😂

8 hours ago, katheliz said:

Oh, sorry, katheliz, for that grammatical error. I started off by saying the first officer in line was there and realized the threat was greater. I just forgot to correct my verb. Thank goodness this is just bar chat and not for publication.

Can you imagine sending hordes into the Capitol like Trump did, cheering them on as they breached the Capitol like Trump did, and then having the nerve to call yourself a patriot?

Must be some real garbage people in the Trump administration. Truly they are scum.

Well, of course, aren't most of them like this? Sitting in their mom's house, trying to get approved for housing assistance,  unable to keep a job, then complaining that other people are leaches.

Too hysterical. Well, he'll have three hots and a cot for 5-10 years now.

A Trump supporter who became known as the ‘QAnon shaman’ after being pictured during riots at the US Capitol is reportedly a “failed actor” and conspiracy theorist described by his mother’s neighbours as “bizarre."

Jacob Angeli Chansley, 33, was charged with entering a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds after he participated in the mob that laid siege to the Capitol on Wednesday.

According to the Daily Mail, Chansley has been living with his 56-year-old mother, Martha, since January 2019 after he was evicted from his apartment in Phoenix, Arizona, owing US$1,247 in rent arrears.

QAnutters, your destiny is here foretold.