Moving to France with German Niederlassungserlaubnis (Non-EU)

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

again another question of mine, since I couldn't find enough information on the internet. I already checked in Toytown's forum too.

I got my Niederlassungserlaubnis as Non-EU person. Now my Einbürgerung is in process but I got a letter that it could take like 6 months or so.

In the meantime, my husband got a job offer, and we want to move to France. But I actually don't know what should I do? My Niederlassung is not at all valid in France, when I move I lose my Niederlassungserlaubnis.  I guess in around 6 months? If I got my Einbürgerung acceptance in the time that I live in France, is it a problem? I'm pretty confused what to do, maybe we will not move because of my situation:(  Any help would be appreciated, thank you all, stay healthy!

Don´t move out of Germany if your Einbürgerung process is ongoing. Once you leave the country officially then your procedure is no longer valid. You have to be resident here until your process is completed. Why do you want to risk loosing your Niederlassung and also your Einbürgerung just because of 6 months. Can´t you wait until the procedure is completed before moving? Maybe your husband should first move alone to France and you wait until your process is completed before moving out. You could travel to France but make sure you don´t stay more than 6 months, so you don´t loose your Niederlassungerlaubnis. Keep an official resident address in Germany    

If you move out of the country you are no longer a resident after 6 months. Meaning you will no longer have an official residence address in Germany. If you have no proof of residence in Germany, then your Einbürgerung might just be compromised. 

I would suggest you keep an official residence address in Germany so long as your process is not completed. I think 6 months is not a long time to wait and then you will have the nationality and then you are free to move anywhere you wish within the European Union and you won´t need any work permit either. 

On 11/7/2020, 12:04:42, lisit said:

Hi everyone,

again another question of mine, since I couldn't find enough information on the internet. I already checked in Toytown's forum too.

I got my Niederlassungserlaubnis as Non-EU person. Now my Einbürgerung is in process but I got a letter that it could take like 6 months or so.

In the meantime, my husband got a job offer, and we want to move to France. But I actually don't know what should I do? My Niederlassung is not at all valid in France, when I move I lose my Niederlassungserlaubnis.  I guess in around 6 months? If I got my Einbürgerung acceptance in the time that I live in France, is it a problem? I'm pretty confused what to do, maybe we will not move because of my situation:(  Any help would be appreciated, thank you all, stay healthy!

I would wait too. 6 Months is nothing compared to the 2 year wait time in Frankfurt now. 

On 11/9/2020, 9:36:44, NAKUMBA said:

Don´t move out of Germany if your Einbürgerung process is ongoing. Once you leave the country officially then your procedure is no longer valid. You have to be resident here until your process is completed. Why do you want to risk loosing your Niederlassung and also your Einbürgerung just because of 6 months. Can´t you wait until the procedure is completed before moving? Maybe your husband should first move alone to France and you wait until your process is completed before moving out. You could travel to France but make sure you don´t stay more than 6 months, so you don´t loose your Niederlassungerlaubnis. Keep an official resident address in Germany    

If you move out of the country you are no longer a resident after 6 months. Meaning you will no longer have an official residence address in Germany. If you have no proof of residence in Germany, then your Einbürgerung might just be compromised. 

I would suggest you keep an official residence address in Germany so long as your process is not completed. I think 6 months is not a long time to wait and then you will have the nationality and then you are free to move anywhere you wish within the European Union and you won´t need any work permit either. 

Thank you so much we decided to wait 6 minths more and i hope i can get it on time. In the worst case ill stay maybe until i get my Einbürgerung. My process may last longer, i read on internet in cases like mine ( i should leave my citizenship to get German citizenship) i should also go to consulate and get kinda paper to leave my citizenship so lets see how long will all take:(

On 11/9/2020, 12:22:44, Narjiz said:

I would wait too. 6 Months is nothing compared to the 2 year wait time in Frankfurt now. 

Oh its really long in Frankfurt! I hope i really can get it around 6 months. Will write here when i get any news, thanks