Getting a German EORI number for my UK LTD company

6 posts in this topic

I import regularly into DE from outside the EU. Have always used my GB EORI number. 

I believe I'm going to require a DE EORI number very soon. 

Can anyone advise on the process and/or possible complications in aquiring a German EORI number considering my company is a UK LTD company? 

Here is the official site.  It explains how to apply.  It states that you need an ELSTER certificate as either a company or a private person.  I have just skim-read it but it looks as though, if your company is not based in Germany, you can get one as a private person.

Applying for a German EORI number

Alternatively, you could contact someone at HMRC

UK government info on EORI post Brexit

Just to circle back on this and provide info to help others. I got my German EORI number quite easily, although I did it in my personal name, not the name of my company, since my ELSTER account is in my personal name.  It was just a matter of setting up an account on the zoll.de portal and then filling in the very simple online form to apply for an EORI number. 

I might try to get one in the name of my company too, but I anticipate that I may have issues given the company doesn't have any legal standing here in DE. 

I'm wondering whether I need to have all my imports addressed to my persona name instead of my company name now? I'd prefer that the invoices are made out to my UK company, but I doubt this is possible since I'd imagine the name of the importer, the owner of the EORI number and the invoice details need to match, or it will cause problems and delays with every shipment. Any thoughts?