What to do with angry neighbour's package?

45 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, LeonG said:

I agree.  I would much prefer that than having to worry about not being home and having to chase it down at some neighbours I'll have to look for and may not be home.  Although at least some of the couriers send you an email giving you a delivery window and letting you re-schedule or pick a pack station.

And this should be taken advantage of. With some you can set up an account and exclude the possibility of parcels being left with neighbours.

I have the opposite problem I don't want the neighbours taking my packages so if I'm out I simply hang a note on the door and ask them to leave it in front of my door. This way they also run it up the stairs as well. So next time tell the delivery guy to leave it in front of the door. It's all contacless now anyways

4 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

It's all contacless now anyways

That didn't seem to last very long around here, perhaps because we're in an area with so few cases compared to elsewhere. After a couple of months way back in spring/summer it was back to normal and the parcels are handed over when we open the door. No signature required, but because of the DHL account settings, nothing to do with corona.

6 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

I have the opposite problem I don't want the neighbours taking my packages so if I'm out I simply hang a note on the door and ask them to leave it in front of my door.

Why not set this up in an account with the courier in question. That way you don't have to advertise to others that you're out. ;)

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

That didn't seem to last very long around here, perhaps because we're in an area with so few cases compared to elsewhere. After a couple of months way back in spring/summer it was back to normal and the parcels are handed over when we open the door. No signature required, but because of the DHL account settings, nothing to do with corona.

Why not set this up in an account with the courier in question. That way you don't have to advertise to others that you're out. ;)

Wow that I'm surprised at, still contatless here. You can also leave the package in front of the door yourself, assuming you don't mind running up the stairs

In a perfect world, the OP delivers the neighbour's second package which contains an anger management book.