Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DB fares Question

7 posts in this topic

In the DB booking engine. When I select Frankfurt to Hamburg, I see a selection called sparpreis and super sparpreis similar to economy class in flights.Under sparpreis the ticket seems to be refundable and also includes "City Tickets"

Can I know what does the city tickets means.

Is the city tickets similar to "Tages Karte" of the city of origin and destination or different one.?

19 minutes ago, bloom said:

In the DB booking engine. When I select Frankfurt to Hamburg, I see a selection called sparpreis and super sparpreis similar to economy class in flights.Under sparpreis the ticket seems to be refundable and also includes "City Tickets"

Can I know what does the city tickets means.

Is the city tickets similar to "Tages Karte" of the city of origin and destination or different one.?

Not too sure if it is aTages Karte but certainly it covers a journey on public transport to the departing Bahnhof and from the arival Bahnhof at least  that is how I have used/understood a city ticket.

https://www.bahn.com/en/view/offers/germany/tickets-for-local-transport.shtml

City Ticket is a single  journey to the station and a single journey from the station to your end destination.

remember that a sparpreis is only good for the train you booked. if you miss the train you are SOL. 

28 minutes ago, tor said:

remember that a sparpreis is only good for the train you booked. if you miss the train you are SOL. 

Only if it is your fault, if your train is late and you miss a connection for example. you can re-book/use the next available train.

If your train is late and you miss the connection, you should go to the info and get them to stamp your ticket stating that the train was late yada yada because if you end up being an hour late to your destination, you can fill out a form and get a 25% refund.  Also if you miss a connection and you paid for a seat reservation, you can get your money back for the seat or re-book a seat on the next train.

It is worth through-ticketing with DB for this reason.   If you have a DB bocking including, for example, a ferry, if it is getting late they are really keen to not have to pay for you to stay in a hotel if you miss the last ferry.  Have known DB to put a family of 4 with bicycles and anhanger in a truck to the North Sea from Hamburg, to make sure they get the connection.