Car Accident with Fahrerflucht

90 posts in this topic

Bringing back the thread to a Farherflucht topic. So now I got request form the Hesse persecutor office to present the cost incurred, it seems they are gonna put this guy on trial and want to know what was the damage. I have a valuation at €3k from a Gudachter ( still have time to repair it, I drive around with dents) So the letter had an email address in a corner of it and I sent a scan of the documents I got from the Gutachter to this email address. I did not get any confirmation, it is now 2 sinceI sent it. So last week I sent another email asking if they received my documents for this case , no answer either. What is your advice, may I assume that they got it but are just too rude to respond, or shall I take the safer road and post all the copies to them?

5 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

So the letter had an email address in a corner of it and I sent a scan of the documents I got from the Gutachter to this email address. I did not get any confirmation, it is now 2 sinceI sent it. So last week I sent another email asking if they received my documents for this case , no answer either. What is your advice, may I assume that they got it but are just too rude to respond, or shall I take the safer road and post all the copies to them?

But do they accept official documents by email? There may be an email address, but sometimes there is also a notice on the letter saying that it can't be used for some things. Some departments want a letter. I know the public prosecution won't do (act upon) anything with an email for example - at least they didn't with us.

hmmm,  There was nothing stated about not accepting emails and the email address was printed in the upper right corner of the letter where the sender's address normally would go ( but not the physical address, this was only in the footer) But this being Germany probably the obvious is not that obvious so I better go to post today and send the hard copies

9 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

hmmm,  There was nothing stated about not accepting emails and the email address was printed in the upper right corner of the letter where the sender's address normally would go ( but not the physical address, this was only in the footer) But this being Germany probably the obvious is not that obvious so I better go to post today and send the hard copies

By registered letter. 

It maybe that emails are not considered as they could be sent from anywhere in the world and could send the authorities here on wild goose chases. I don't know if they read them and only look into it or act if it is extremely serious. With an email they can also claim not to have received anything.

I would go to a repair place, a franchise with a workshop for whatever your car is, give them all of the other person's insurance details and let them deal with it all.  

If you try to help the other people out I guarantee it will come back and bite you in the arse, especially as they have proven themselves to be chancers by driving off.

Good luck

On 15.11.2020, 00:03:47, SpiderPig said:

BTW, I am still waiting for you to show me how leaving a car sitting with a flat tyre will damage the wheel assembly... 

Still waiting for the cowboy...

Maybe he's got better things to do. Probably not by the looks of things. 😅

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Still waiting for the cowboy...

Keep waiting.  Patience is a good teacher.