Car Accident with Fahrerflucht

90 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

ok, should i just call ADAC?

EDIT: I could run to Hornbach and buy a jack... my concern is that Tesla is quite picky on jacking up the car, to avoid battery damage.

All you‘re trying to do is get the max weight off the wheel.  You don‘t need to elevate it much.  

I

One more thing - unless the screw is in the sidewall, the tire should be repairable.  Don‘t let the shop try to convince you that you need a new tire because the repaired tire won‘t be „certified“ for its speed rating anymore.  That is a bunch of horseshit.  Racers repair tires.

Edit: saw your picture.  It‘s not vandalism - that is typical.  The screw is still in the tread area, so the tire should be repairable.

15 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

ADAC coming in 1h! What a service!

Put your mask on!🙏🏻
Great service! We have ADAC here, too, paid for in Germany. We have needed them here  on Crete twice and phoned them- each time, they put us straight through to a German-speaking operator in Athens and Bob‘s your uncle! Excellent service!

Please help me - sold my car 25 years ago. They used to have a jack + spare tire on board those days.

Just for future reference for everyone:

As I said - never remove a nail or screw from a tire.  When you take it out, you just leave a hole, which can „disappear“ and be extremely difficult to find again.  Plus, the offending item acts as a „plug“ which could be enough to get you home or to a repair shop.

Even if you don‘t have a spare, get the appropriate tools to jack up your car and take the wheel off if necessary.  It will save you tremendous aggravation.

If your car does not have a spare, check to see if you have an air compressor in your trunk/boot.  Some cars come with them.  If not, carry a full-size bicycle tire pump which has a Schrader valve fitting.  Oftentimes you can inflate the tire sufficiently with a bicycle pump to get you home or to a tire repair shop.

Tire repair foam/fix-a-flat is a last resort.  It pretty much makes repair impossible.  It is only a last resort, such as you are stuck on the side of the road, and it is the only way you can get the car to a safe place.  If it is not a last resort situation, don‘t use it.

1 minute ago, ooch said:

Please help me - sold my car 25 years ago. They used to have a jack + spare tire on board those days.

Not anymore.

Don't get it. Cars are getting bigger and bigger. Even a Smart has 90+ PS.

And then is no space and power for essentials?

Just now, ooch said:

Don't get it. Cars are getting bigger and bigger. Even a Smart has 90+ PS.

And then is no space and power for essentials?

When I were a lad, they used to make us change a tire as part of driver‘s education.  Nobody does that anymore.

@john g. My Phd-scientist(Mechanical Engineer ex-wife‘s solution to all car problems, big and small, was to call me, at any hour, no matter where I was in the world.

Q:  The car is making a „bing bing bing“ noise.  What could it be?

A:  A door is open.

Q:  The car won‘t start.  Why?

A.  Have you put fuel in it during the last several weeks? (Answer: no)

Q:  The car is in pieces that are spread across the highway.  What should I do?

A:  Take a taxi home.  I will deal with it when I return from Japan.

B)

She was (and is) a dedicated vehicle-thrasher.  She has crashed everything on wheels that she has ever owned.

@Space Cowboy

Please explain how a flat tyre will damage the drive gear or the mechachics of the drive/steering...

Then...  when you have a minute, open your window and let the smell of bull shit out...   

Once you have done that and you can refrain from posting crap ( I am a long time crap poster, so I know).. take a look at this vid and you will see why Garages do not want to repair or touch Tesla Tyres!

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

You need to jack it up ASAP.  A completely flat tire will put the full weight of that portion of the vehicle on the wheel assembly, and bend it.  That is bad.

:lol::lol::lol:

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

@Space Cowboy

Please explain how a flat tyre will damage the drive gear or the mechachics of the drive/steering

Why don‘t YOU start by showing where I said that.

GFY.

1 minute ago, SpiderPig said:

Then...  when you have a minute, open your window and let the smell of bull shit out...   

Once you have done that and you can refrain from posting crap ( I am a long time crap poster, so I know).. take a look at this vid and you will see why Garages do not want to repair or touch Tesla Tyres!

Hilarious, Space!😂

I can‘t compete with that but my daughter has two Masters Degrees in Business Studies and Computer Whatever- one day she WhatsApped me and asked me how she could find my website! I suggested Googling!😂

And my partner Nicole‘s son ( around 30 at the time .. a couple of years ago ) has a BA and very modern and stuff like that and actually asked his mum where he should put his name on the back of an envelope because he wanted to send someone a letter!😂

But hang on.. you are the one that said he needed to jack the car up to avoid bending the wheel assembly....   

Thats simply NOT TRUE