Translation for "m, w, d"

53 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, engelchen said:

AFAIK he is only a self-appointed moderator. 

For the record, I wouldn't group @murphaph 

The groupies have taken over the asylum?😂

Reminiscent of the rock bands in the “ good old days.”

😂

8 hours ago, lunaCH said:

Were the limits scrapped?

Yes. The powers that be saw sense. People were getting fed up with it and it made no sense. If you were engaged in a particular conversation, which may have been interesting, you were suddenly “ interrupted “ and pissed off.

In other words, those who bothered to write on here were penalised. 

A major rule as far as I am concerned- democracy is uncomfortable. Live with it.
And let people speak their minds.

It does rely on people having some self control, though, otherwise you get threads which become unworkable because one person endlessly posts utter crap.

The trouble is, I suppose, what constitutes utter crap is essentially subjective. I do not mind your stories - sometimes I read them, sometimes I don't, whereas endless dictatorial nonsense combined with a thin skin and an inability to accept expertise from others is a growing phenomenon and extremely boring. 

Unfortunately, even worse are the people who can't stop complaining about what they don't like, because that really is the pits :P and the constant sniping seems worse these days, too. Also, no doubt, a subjective thought.

Sorry, that was 'dammed by faint praise', wasn't it ;)

Honestly, I am mostly greatly entertained by your stories :lol: 

And am now digging myself out of the hole....

No worries, kiplette! Have just been humbled by my own ignorance! Trying to post a picture of a cat and the picture was too big!😂

( the cat or the picture?)🙏🏻
Trying to dig my way out of my own hole!!

Kiplette! Per chance THIS hole?🙏🏻

https://youtu.be/UPBd8eHQqIw

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

No need to PM me. Just put the person on ignore just like the rest of us do. Problem solved.

Only there are users who claim to do this, yet continue to reply, so it doesn't seem work. Also it's totally illogical as when go you go to the thread it doesn't make sense and there'd be bits missing, plus you see the quoted posts of the user you are supposedly ignoring anyway. :rolleyes:

On 09/10/2020, 19:24:45, lunaCH said:

Never disputed that. But the rudeness and nasty bullying is totally unnecessary and has no place on the forum. ;)

Stop doing it then.

On 10/9/2020, 10:04:26, john g. said:

I have been on here for donkey’s years. The posting limit stuff. I was frequently bullied for posting a lot. I don’t do Facebook. And am nowhere else. I complained at some stage ( maybe when it was becoming ridiculous with the censureship ) and the rules changed.

Will PM you re the stalker who is a pain in the arse. Ok?

Lost a few friends over politics  on FB so now strickly limit my posts to funny memes. Seems people get upset when you post a point a view they don't agree with. 

For you grammar nerds out there, since Germans love to differentiate between male Toytowner and female Toytownerin what do they use for a gender neutral person

50 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:
For you grammar nerds out there, since Germans love to differentiate between male Toytowner and female Toytownerin what do they use for a gender neutral person

Die Toytownenden? That gendering nonsense really is infuriating.