flying from Manchester to Berlin, What do I need to know

18 posts in this topic

So I am returning to Berlin soon. From Manchester which is a high risk area according to various German websites. I will have to self isolate for 2 weeks according to these websites. I can do that. But is there anything else I should know.. Can I do anything before I get there, rather than at the Berlin end. And what about this contact tracing ? I do not have a smart phone ans so cannot download the app. Is this going to cause problems?

9 hours ago, colincostello said:

I do not have a smart phone ans so cannot download the app. Is this going to cause problems?

No.

41 minutes ago, HEM said:

There is no obligation to own a smart phone (or download any particular app).

Not yet...😟

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Not yet

Absolutely impossible to implement, so it will never be mandatory. There are plenty of places with no phone signal still, let alone mobile internet coverage. 

Elderly, frail, vulnerable and disabled people could not be expected to use them. 

There are people who don't want to own one and those who don't own them on principle. 

You'd be expected to have location tracking and data on all the time as well as enough battery power. Plus you have to buy the phone and the sim card as well as pay for a data service at least. All far too much to ask. Unless this is all going to be paid for by the state, I can't see this happening. ;)

1 hour ago, lunaCH said:

Absolutely impossible to implement, so it will never be mandatory. There are plenty of places with no phone signal still, let alone mobile internet coverage. 

Elderly, frail, vulnerable and disabled people could not be expected to use them. 

There are people who don't want to own one and those who don't own them on principle. 

You'd be expected to have location tracking and data on all the time as well as enough battery power. Plus you have to buy the phone and the sim card as well as pay for a data service at least. All far too much to ask. Unless this is all going to be paid for by the state, I can't see this happening. ;)

You do not understand how the German covid app works   Colour me surprised. 

3 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

You do not understand how the German covid app works

No I don't and I never said that I did. I don't have the app. :rolleyes: 

We were speaking about mobiles and apps generally, whether there is a problem if you don't have them and whether they are mandatory. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

No I don't and I never said that I did. I don't have the app. :rolleyes: 

We were speaking about mobiles and apps generally, whether there is a problem if you don't have them and whether they are mandatory. :rolleyes:

You confidently posted false info about what the Corona App requires.  This is stupiid, because you may discourage people from downloading it.  

" So I am returning to Berlin soon. From Manchester which is a high risk area according to various German websites. I will have to self isolate for 2 weeks according to these websites." Your profile says you live in Friedrichshain. Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg is also a high risk area.I would not understand, why you should go into quarantine.

PS

I just read that tourists now need a 48h Covid test if they want to go on holiday in some German states .

Google google and find out what google does. 😙

Thanks to Space Cowboy. His link confirms what I got from other websites. Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

On 08/10/2020, 19:51:32, colincostello said:

Thanks to Space Cowboy. His link confirms what I got from other websites. Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

Safe journey :rolleyes:

On 08/10/2020, 19:51:32, colincostello said:

Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

You have lost me.  What difference would being in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester make?

On 10/10/2020, 13:39:07, snowingagain said:

What difference would being in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester make?

None. According to the link, Manchester is a risk area and 14 days of quarantine are necessary upon return to Germany if you've been there.

The breaking up of countries into regions for risk area classification is evidently causing confusion and in some cases absurd situations whereby people stay in one region but then travel through and leave the country from another, possibly thinking this is alright. 

I'm not saying the OP is doing this. I am speculating as to what is probably happening generally though.

If you need to ask the question " do I need to Quarantine"... that usually means you have doubts in your mind... to avoid dozens of "opinions"... either "Dont travel"... or "self Quarantine"...    

You may or may not have been to a "Hotspot"... but there is usually some dickhead who has left that hotspot and has zero respect for other peoples safety!

STAY AT FUCKING HOME!