flying from Manchester to Berlin, What do I need to know

18 posts in this topic

So I am returning to Berlin soon. From Manchester which is a high risk area according to various German websites. I will have to self isolate for 2 weeks according to these websites. I can do that. But is there anything else I should know.. Can I do anything before I get there, rather than at the Berlin end. And what about this contact tracing ? I do not have a smart phone ans so cannot download the app. Is this going to cause problems?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, colincostello said:

 I do not have a smart phone ans so cannot download the app. Is this going to cause problems?

No.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HEM said:

There is no obligation to own a smart phone (or download any particular app).

Not yet...😟

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john g. said:

Not yet

Absolutely impossible to implement, so it will never be mandatory. There are plenty of places with no phone signal still, let alone mobile internet coverage. 

Elderly, frail, vulnerable and disabled people could not be expected to use them. 

There are people who don't want to own one and those who don't own them on principle. 

 

You'd be expected to have location tracking and data on all the time as well as enough battery power. Plus you have to buy the phone and the sim card as well as pay for a data service at least. All far too much to ask. Unless this is all going to be paid for by the state, I can't see this happening. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lunaCH said:

Absolutely impossible to implement, so it will never be mandatory. There are plenty of places with no phone signal still, let alone mobile internet coverage. 

Elderly, frail, vulnerable and disabled people could not be expected to use them. 

There are people who don't want to own one and those who don't own them on principle. 

 

You'd be expected to have location tracking and data on all the time as well as enough battery power. Plus you have to buy the phone and the sim card as well as pay for a data service at least. All far too much to ask. Unless this is all going to be paid for by the state, I can't see this happening. ;)

 

You do not understand how the German covid app works   Colour me surprised. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

You do not understand how the German covid app works

No I don't and I never said that I did. I don't have the app. :rolleyes: 

We were speaking about mobiles and apps generally, whether there is a problem if you don't have them and whether they are mandatory. :rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

No I don't and I never said that I did. I don't have the app. :rolleyes: 

We were speaking about mobiles and apps generally, whether there is a problem if you don't have them and whether they are mandatory. :rolleyes:

 

You confidently posted false info about what the Corona App requires.  This is stupiid, because you may discourage people from downloading it.  

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" So I am returning to Berlin soon. From Manchester which is a high risk area according to various German websites. I will have to self isolate for 2 weeks according to these websites." Your profile says you live in Friedrichshain. Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg is also a high risk area.I would not understand, why you should go into quarantine.

PS

I just read that tourists now need a 48h Covid test if they want to go on holiday in some German states .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google google and find out what google does. 😙

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Space Cowboy. His link confirms what I got from other websites. Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2020, 19:51:32, colincostello said:

Thanks to Space Cowboy. His link confirms what I got from other websites. Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

 

Safe journey :rolleyes:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2020, 19:51:32, colincostello said:

Happily , I was in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester so hopefully I will not get any hassle

You have lost me.  What difference would being in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester make?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020, 13:39:07, snowingagain said:

What difference would being in London for 2 weeks before going to Manchester make?

None. According to the link, Manchester is a risk area and 14 days of quarantine are necessary upon return to Germany if you've been there.

 

The breaking up of countries into regions for risk area classification is evidently causing confusion and in some cases absurd situations whereby people stay in one region but then travel through and leave the country from another, possibly thinking this is alright. 

I'm not saying the OP is doing this. I am speculating as to what is probably happening generally though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you need to ask the question " do I need to Quarantine"... that usually means you have doubts in your mind... to avoid dozens of "opinions"... either "Dont travel"... or "self Quarantine"...    

 

You may or may not have been to a "Hotspot"... but there is usually some dickhead who has left that hotspot and has zero respect for other peoples safety!

 

STAY AT FUCKING HOME!  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now