Closure of UK bank accounts to EU residents

66 posts in this topic

I'm absolutely delighted for you. They wouldn't humour you. They must believe there's a chance of success. My friend's mother went there for a second opinion but unfortunately they couldn't help her and told her so. They wouldn't mess you about IMO.

Cheers all!! Thanks for the good wishes!!

Back on topic re: bank accounts...as previously mentioned, my pensions are now paid directly into a German account, but I had a little 200-quid surprise, i.e. my Winter Fuel Payment, paid into my Barclays a/c. Was able to transfer it across to my German a/c by SEPA transfer as per hitherto.

On January 1, 2021 at 3:39:15 PM, Keefy said:

OK, health update.

After several follow-up visits to the Charité Benjamin Franklin Clinic and a number of blood-tests, scans and x-rays of various kinds, chats with doctors and so on and so forth, it seems that the hospital can take some remedial action. Provisionally I go there again on 7th January (Covid outbreak permitting) for a couple of days of chemotherapy and immunotherapy...i.e. shedloads of infusions and further observations. There will be other visits in future to do more. Ain't f*ckin' dead yet :rolleyes:

Good wishes on the treatments. Immunotherapy has produced great results. Keep on with life!

1 hour ago, Keefy said:

but I had a little 200-quid surprise, i.e. my Winter Fuel Payment, paid into my Barclays a/c.

You are fortunate.  My application got rejected on grounds of insufficient ties to the UK (as I posted elsewhere HMRC might take a different view).  Been too long out of the country.