Long-term Partner exception to 3rd Country block

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone here from a 3rd Country (re)entered Germany using the new “long-term partner” exception?  It appears to be gaining more exposure through various media sources but before I invest in a plane ticket, I need to hear some success stories and words of advice (for the process).  I have read the requirements but real life experience is more helpful!

thanks,

Jana

I´ve never heard of this option. Do you have a link (or the correct German term for it, so we can google for it) ?

I assume this is about traveling from the US to Germany with the current travel restrictions.

The BMI has some notes on the topic here.

I don't have any experience with this myself, but the bit which would worry me would be this line:- 

Regardless of the criteria stated above, the decision on whether to permit entry is at the discretion of the officers conducting border checks

58 minutes ago, jeba said:

I´ve never heard of this option.

But others have. 

58 minutes ago, jeba said:

Do you have a link (or the correct German term for it, so we can google for it) ?

Google it in English and you will see it. 

I think OP knows about the option. She needs someone who has real life experience with it and entered Germany recently under that option so that she can get some idea about the involved risk. 

1 hour ago, pappnase said:

I assume this is about traveling from the US to Germany with the current travel restrictions.

I thought she was talking about getting a residence permit for a non-married partner. Hence my confusion.

@jeba You could be right. I assumed covid because it's posted in Misc, but with the info provided there is no way to know.

23 hours ago, pappnase said:

The BMI has some notes on the topic here.

I don't have any experience with this myself, but the bit which would worry me would be this line:- 

Agreed.  Who wants to pay out $800 for a RT ticket only to be denied at entry because the official interviewing you is not up to date on new exceptions for entry as a “long term partner” (aka #loveisnottourism) during COVID.

I can bring crates of WhatsApp and email printouts as well as photos but that won’t prevent me from being anxious on the 8 hour flight over the Atlantic ;)

Thanks, everyone!  I was told to check out a FB page called “Love is not Tourism Germany” for more details info and stories.

D9DB824B-3AB1-4E6F-9E4B-F9D77FD4CA53.jpeg

On 9/21/2020, 1:11:15, Namu said:

I think OP knows about the option. She needs someone who has real life experience with it and entered Germany recently under that option so that she can get some idea about the involved risk. 

Genau, das ist es.