Mailing medicine within EU countries.

40 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Yes. Though the parcels will probably be duty-due. The USA is not in the EU customs area. ;)

Hmm, what about if he’s traveling via an EU country and has a stopover at Frankfurt or Paris, then mails from there ? No one can scratch an inch, right?

I had this doubt many a times, can he mail from airport via post ? Then will it go to customs again?

25 minutes ago, Acrophobic said:

I had this doubt many a times, can he mail from airport via post ? Then will it go to customs again?

If it is mailed from within the EU customs area then it will be duty-free. If you're arriving from outside the EU customs area, you have to pass through customs checks after landing to get to a mailbox or a post office to be able to send something. ;)

The limit for bringing stuff in to Germany personally is much higher than the limit for bringing in stuff duty-free by post. So this could work if you pass through customs and get to a post office etc.

https://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Reisen/Rueckkehr-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Reisefreimengen/reisefreimengen_node.html

France: https://www.douane.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/uploads/files/Documentations-Brochures/Langues-etrangeres/Trouble-free-travel-with-french-customs.pdf skip to page 14.

I get chinese herbs as medicine
prescribed from Holland before from Switzerland. Havent had a problem yet. 

a german dr. Sends the prescription

directly to them and then I get it.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

I have ordered multiples times some medicine, from Europe or China, with or without prescription, some of them are illegal in Europe.

I always received my order, without any issues with Zoll.

My 2 cents - just order what you need, if is not a 5 Kg package then you've got nothing to worry about.

It is like running a red light, speeding, or just riding the train without a ticket; it is not a problem until you get caught.

You've been lucky so far, others have already been caught.

19 minutes ago, atinherne said:

I get chinese herbs as medicine
prescribed from Holland before from Switzerland. Havent had a problem yet. 

a german dr. Sends the prescription

directly to them and then I get it.

That is actually the officially correct way to do it.

I need special eye drops daily , which you can get without a prescription in Greece.

I flew to Hamburg in March without eye drops ( I had just run out and no time to go to a pharmacy in town before the flight.)

In Hamburg I went to three different eye doctors to plead with the receptionist to let me have a quick chat with the eye doc to give me a prescription - no dice. „ We are fully booked till September.“  All three in my old stomping ground of Hamburg just told me to bugger off.

„ Luckily „ my visit to Hamburg was cut short by the spreading concerns about corona and I had to fly asap back to Greece before they closed Athens Airport.

So at least I was able to get the invaluable-to-me eye drops again. 

1 hour ago, atinherne said:

I get chinese herbs as medicine prescribed from Holland before from Switzerland. Havent had a problem yet. 

a german dr. Sends the prescription directly to them and then I get it.

Chinese herbs from Holland is like Greek olive oil from Italy. No worries mate 👻.

50 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Chinese herbs from Holland is like Greek olive oil from Italy.

But in this case, with the herbs, it's the place of purchase and dispatch which counts. Intra-EU should always be fine. China can be problematic for customs clearance and other issues.

3 hours ago, engelchen said:

It is like running a red light, speeding, or just riding the train without a ticket; it is not a problem until you get caught.

You've been lucky so far, others have already been caught.

Yep, 7 years lucky.

I like to live on the danger side, I can't help it.

When you live in a country where you need a prescription for some eyes drops then you do what you have to do.

14 hours ago, Acrophobic said:

Hmm, what about if he’s traveling via an EU country and has a stopover at Frankfurt or Paris, then mails from there ? No one can scratch an inch, right?

Zoll are not that silly to have a mailbox on the customs side of the airport.

He will also have to quarantine for 14 days before visiting the post office. 

1 minute ago, GoBike said:

Zoll are not that silly to have a mailbox on the customs side of the airport.

He will also have to quarantine for 14 days before visiting the post office. 

Exactly as otherwise the postal worker who has to empty it would have to pass through customs twice every time, once with all of the stuff that has been stuffed inside. :)

14 hours ago, Acrophobic said:

If your friend is stupid enough to break the law by not declaring the goods, then congratulations!

In the meantime, stop being a smartass and pay your taxes like everyone else.

16 hours ago, snowingagain said:

The side effects of erectile dysfunction and breast enlargement less so.

Do you have experience in both? ;)

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

pay your taxes like everyone else.

Not declaring the goods is clearly illegal. Tax avoidance though is not. ;)

16 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Chinese herbs from Holland is like Greek olive oil from Italy. No worries mate 👻.

😂

Oh back to baldness. Somewhere there is a thread reassuring you guys that if you get a close cut or shave and have a reasonably un-pointy/unlumpy head (which is most of you) you will be perfectly fine in the eyes of the ladies. There was no prettier bloke than Yul Brynner who was so much improved with shaven head.

Stop fighting it. Just go with it. Someone will enjoy kissing the warmth of your exposed cranial features. Promise.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/42659-are-bald-men-less-manly/?page=1