Road construction next door

7 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I need your help, as i am new to this situation and helpless.

We own a property in a very calm street next to fields, we bought this just for the love to stay countryside and be close to fields / bit far from autobahn. Now there is a topic that will be voted by local council in my town Sankt Sebastian, RLP. That on October 1st to start the construction of L126 (Landesstraßen) 45m from my home into the fields.

I have spoke to my neighbours and few others, we would like to stop this construction or vote against this initiative, through a petition as many homes will be affected with traffic, noise and the plan to introduce this L126 without any research or points to favour the road, this has no good practical reasons why they want to do this, (divert traffic from b9 and from streets), its going to affect many residents here with noises from heavy trucks, traffic, no street parking for residents, and the value of my property is going to be low in the market, already my tenants think they cant stay if this happens.

Link to the road plan : https://mwvlw.rlp.de/fileadmin/mwkel/Abteilung_10_Verkehr/Verkehr/Dokumente/22585_Landesstrassenneubauprojekte/L_126_OU_Kaltenengers_-_St_Sebastian_Datenblatt.pdf

Link to the news article on this subject:

https://www.blick-aktuell.de/Politik/Ortsumgehung-L126-entlastet-den-Ortskern-in-Sankt-Sebastian-nicht-451153.html

What is the best way to do this, thank you

You could try various council members for what their opinion is on the new road. Our city has a bypass planed and the Green party are against it as the original planing was around 20 years ago and the traffic pattern has changed. Its taken 20 years to get this far still not a lot happening, 

14 hours ago, write2nadeem said:

Thank you, this plan is as old as 50 years. The council will meet one week before the road construction, whats our options ?

Were you not made aware of these plans when you bought the property?

Land use changes all the time.  I am certainly sympathetic to not liking a nearby change that makes the property less pleasant than it used to be, but the only way to avoid that with certainty is to buy up everything around you or buy land that is adjacent to something that is unlikely to change - like a national park.

5 hours ago, DoubleDTown said:

Land use changes all the time.  I am certainly sympathetic to not liking a nearby change that makes the property less pleasant than it used to be, but the only way to avoid that with certainty is to buy up everything around you or buy land that is adjacent to something that is unlikely to change - like a national park.

Not sure that would help much, once a route for a new road has been decided who owns the land it cuts through is beside the point, the owner is not required to give their permission, compulsory  purchase orders and all that stuff.

On 9/16/2020, 2:59:25, write2nadeem said:

We own a property in a very calm street next to fields, we bought this just for the love to stay countryside and be close to fields

Now there is a topic that will be voted by local council in my town Sankt Sebastian,to start the construction of L126 (Landesstraßen) 45m from my home into the fields.

we would like to stop this construction or vote against this initiative,

the road, this has no good practical reasons why they want to do this, (divert traffic from b9 and from streets), i

What is the best way to do this, thank you

Hi,

As an outside observer, it looks to me like the new road (dotted line) is a good idea and on its face seems like it will reduce traffic on the Hauptstrasse in Kaltenengers and Sankt Sebastian.  Be that as it may, the best way to fight a public works project that has been in the planning for decades and was approved by Kaltenengers in 2009 is with the Bürgerinitiative „L126 – wenn dann richtig!“.  Check in with them and see what their next step is. 

new road.jpg