Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who here lives in Leipzig?!

6 posts in this topic

Hey!

I may have an opportunity in Leipzig and having lived in Berlin for many years and now in Magdeburg (which I hate) I am intrigued by Leipzig.  I have only been twice and it seems nice.  I  have two kids, so schools and safety are really important to me.  I really want a city that offers culture, diversity, and arts.  Anyone live in Leipzig and love it? hate it? or just have an opinion?

thank you

yes! 6 and 7 years old, finally getting out of my abusive marriage and trying to get in a better place, physically and emotionally... But I guess no one here is living in Leipzig :) 

Sorry to hear this. My mantra is, everything is going to be all right. And remember, Time wounds all heels, and the reverse. :) 

Good for you, brookeb!

I admire, respect and think highly of you katheliz!🙏🏻
Mind you, no time in the world could heal me if anything terrible happened to my daughter. I don’t think I could cope.🙏🏻

Admirable that your thought of the worst that could happen is the loss of your daughter, @john g. I think people who lose children survive in the bleakest sense of the word. Currently on FB, a shirt-tail relative is mourning the recent loss of her (barely) adult only son. She broadcasts her pain several times a day. She's coping, in her own way. It's terrible, and I wish she'd stop. But it's her pain to get through, and that's how she's doing it.
I had a childless friend, whose response to a mutual friend's pain after an adopted child's suicide was, 'I don't understand why she doesn't get over it.' That young man has been dead for thirty years, and I doubt his mother has 'got over it.'

And yet, people survive. A former neighbor child became the victim of a 1970s serial murderer in California; her mother made a new life in a forever-changed existence. Things are going to be all right, but they'll never be the same or so good.