Einbürgerung/Citizenship Application time frame at Regierungspräsidium Darmstadt

58 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2021, 9:05:03, Narjiz said:

Update: Urkunde was picked up! Complete process took 10 months, which was much shorter than anticipated. Hope things work out for you and good luck. 

@Narjiz Congratulations! There is no real update at our end, the RP sent us a letter (actually 2) asking for the latest salary slips and the Aufenthaltstitel for my wife and son (since theirs ran out in Feb and April). The problem is we applied for the Aufenthaltstitels a bit late, and they are ready but cannot be picked up until June end!! And the ABH in Friedberg (Frankfurt is bliss compared to the guys up there) are being complete jerks about it!! So in a nutshell still waiting. Standeamt says people at RP in Darmstad are busy with COVID related duties, but you seemed to have lucked out... congrats again, and fingers crossed. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Guys,

 

Thanks for starting off this thread as I felt useful that it provides some updates on the status.

Here is my case, I have applied for einbürgerung in June 2020 in Frankfurt and have received a post from RP Darmstadt by end of July confirming that the application has been received. RP Darmstadt team have also informed that it will be taking more time for processing due to Corona Pandemic.

Will keep posted if there are any further updates.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2021, 09:05:03, Narjiz said:

Update: Urkunde was picked up! Complete process took 10 months, which was much shorter than anticipated. Hope things work out for you and good luck. 

Congrats. July 2020 and you already received Urkunde in March. Less than 10 months. 

Was your application processed at Darmstadt RP? 

 

I applied in April 2020. No answer to phone or email. Bit frustrated now  :-(  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2021, 12:06:09, ingermany said:

@Narjiz Congratulations! There is no real update at our end, the RP sent us a letter (actually 2) asking for the latest salary slips and the Aufenthaltstitel for my wife and son (since theirs ran out in Feb and April). The problem is we applied for the Aufenthaltstitels a bit late, and they are ready but cannot be picked up until June end!! And the ABH in Friedberg (Frankfurt is bliss compared to the guys up there) are being complete jerks about it!! So in a nutshell still waiting. Standeamt says people at RP in Darmstad are busy with COVID related duties, but you seemed to have lucked out... congrats again, and fingers crossed. 

Isn't Covid officially over yet  ;-)  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivn490 said:

I applied in April 2020. No answer to phone or email.

@ivn490 have you been calling the RP in Darmstadt directly, or through your Ansprechpartner(in) at the Standesamt? For us the Standesamt representative changed, and it is a real pain to explain to her our case, and she is even less helpful than the earlier one. I requested that since my passport is running out in August, maybe they could process my case earlier, and my wife and son could get it done once their Aufenthaltstitels are in our hands. Shocking, but expected answer from the rep - oh we do not know what goes about in the RP in Darmstadt, and we cannot influence what they do! Frustration due to waiting is one thing, but due to unnecessary bureaucracy and inability to look at 'exceptional conditions' is another level really!! I come from India, it is notorious for being very bad in terms of governmental procedures, but what I see here is not much better!! Anyway right now all we can do is share the frustration :)

 

1 hour ago, ivn490 said:

Isn't Covid officially over yet

It ain't over till the fat lady takes off the mask ;)

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Guys,

 

Here is short update from my end,  I have received a letter from RP Darmstadt to make the payment for einbürgerung application and it will then be taken for further processing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting my citizenship application now. Can experienced people please guide me? Where do i find the citizenship application form in  https://www.darmstadt.de/rathaus/online-dienste/einbuergerung-in-darmstadt ? I was told to refer to this website by staatsangehoerigkeit Darmstadt. But i could not find it. I was also told to fill Terminformular to book an appointment slot 6 months before. This means, if I send the Terminformular in July 2021, I get a slot approximately in Jan 2022.  In Jan 2022, I attend a personal interview to submit citizenship application with other required documents. After a year, say Jan 2023 I might get notification to receive Urkunde. Right ? Can we travel abroad with Urkunde and a Home country passport? If not, how long does it takes to get a German passport and National ID ?  Thank you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2021, 13:42:43, ToyUser said:

I am starting my citizenship application now. Can experienced people please guide me? Where do i find the citizenship application form in  https://www.darmstadt.de/rathaus/online-dienste/einbuergerung-in-darmstadt ? I was told to refer to this website by staatsangehoerigkeit Darmstadt. But i could not find it. I was also told to fill Terminformular to book an appointment slot 6 months before. This means, if I send the Terminformular in July 2021, I get a slot approximately in Jan 2022.  In Jan 2022, I attend a personal interview to submit citizenship application with other required documents. After a year, say Jan 2023 I might get notification to receive Urkunde. Right ? Can we travel abroad with Urkunde and a Home country passport? If not, how long does it takes to get a German passport and National ID ?  Thank you

On 30/06/2021, 13:42:43, ToyUser said:

I am starting my citizenship application now. Can experienced people please guide me? Where do i find the citizenship application form in  https://www.darmstadt.de/rathaus/online-dienste/einbuergerung-in-darmstadt ? I was told to refer to this website by staatsangehoerigkeit Darmstadt. But i could not find it. I was also told to fill Terminformular to book an appointment slot 6 months before. This means, if I send the Terminformular in July 2021, I get a slot approximately in Jan 2022.  In Jan 2022, I attend a personal interview to submit citizenship application with other required documents. After a year, say Jan 2023 I might get notification to receive Urkunde. Right ? Can we travel abroad with Urkunde and a Home country passport? If not, how long does it takes to get a German passport and National ID ?  Thank you

Hi ToyUser,

1. The application forms are available at the same link that you have posted under section 'FORMULARE'/FORMS.

2. Given the situation with the backlog of applications due to Covid, the processing time is bit longer.

3. As far as I got to know, your home country passport would be taken back by the authorities once they handover the Urkunde, so you need to apply for German passport as the next step which can take 4-6 weeks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Narjiz - wanted to ask you, did you get any requests from RP Darmstadt for submitting additional documents (like salary slips etc.), before the Urkunde was issues? If yes, what all, how many times and how long after your last submission did you receive the acceptance? Just trying to figure out the process within the black hole. Some input would be highly appreciated!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2021, 2:39:15, sgp said:

Hello Guys,

 

Here is short update from my end,  I have received a letter from RP Darmstadt to make the payment for einbürgerung application and it will then be taken for further processing.

OK good! for us also that was the first step, around 3 months after the submission of the application... after which we had a long waiting time with no communication! Maybe it was also coz COVID struck in the meantime... as I keep saying, the process is not the issue, the lack of transparency is! (at least for me). My latest conspiracy theory is that they will not approve any more citizenship applications before the next general election... let us see if this comes true :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021, 2:39:21, ivn490 said:

Congrats. July 2020 and you already received Urkunde in March. Less than 10 months. 

Was your application processed at Darmstadt RP? 

 

I applied in April 2020. No answer to phone or email. Bit frustrated now  :-(  

Sorry for the late response. I have not opened TT for awhile. Yes it was processed at Darmstadt. I guess we lucked out. We had no missing papers so that could have been a factor plus luck. A friend of mine applied in Aug 2019 and got the urkunde feb 2021, so it depends on the file and who works on it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2021, 12:36:25, ingermany said:

@Narjiz - wanted to ask you, did you get any requests from RP Darmstadt for submitting additional documents (like salary slips etc.), before the Urkunde was issues? If yes, what all, how many times and how long after your last submission did you receive the acceptance? Just trying to figure out the process within the black hole. Some input would be highly appreciated!

They asked for proof of income for the last 3 months. They only asked once around the beginning of 2021. Acceptance came about 1.5 months later. A friend of mine got asked 3 times for proof of income. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2021, 7:53:10, Narjiz said:

They asked for proof of income for the last 3 months. They only asked once around the beginning of 2021. Acceptance came about 1.5 months later. A friend of mine got asked 3 times for proof of income. 

Thanks! so looks like being asked for proof of income is potentially a step towards the end of the process and not when they (finally) open and start investigating the file - fingers crossed!! Have been asked twice already, but that was because the first time my wife and son's RP was not renewed... Maybe I should just keep shipping my salary slips to them every month :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note, a generic question - does anyone know why email as a form of communication, or some form of a digital portal for communication is not being used by the Einbuergerung department? Or am I just being too hopeful here and forgetting that we live in Germany... maybe a question to someone who applied for citizenship in another country and what that was like? Surely when everything is being digitalised, relying on snail mail just to ask for additional documents seems rather odd to me! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/07/2021, 01:30:03, sgp said:

Hi ToyUser,

1. The application forms are available at the same link that you have posted under section 'FORMULARE'/FORMS.

2. Given the situation with the backlog of applications due to Covid, the processing time is bit longer.

3. As far as I got to know, your home country passport would be taken back by the authorities once they handover the Urkunde, so you need to apply for German passport as the next step which can take 4-6 weeks.

Thank you @spg.

 

@Narjiz  I see you received Urkunde. can you please clarify if you gave back your home country passport after receiving Urkunde?  How long it took you to get a German passport?  (point 3 of spg above). Thank you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021, 10:10:58, ToyUser said:

Thank you @spg.

 

@Narjiz  I see you received Urkunde. can you please clarify if you gave back your home country passport after receiving Urkunde?  How long it took you to get a German passport?  (point 3 of spg above). Thank you

Yes you have to give your passport when you get your urkunde. A passport application does not take long, I believe it was about 4 weeks after application. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Narjiz Thank you. I contacted in May for an application submission appointment. They said I will get a post 2 to 3 months before the appointment. i contacted them last week again via email. they said I am on the waiting list. Any idea how long it takes to send the post with an appointment in general?

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2021, 10:33:48, ToyUser said:

@Narjiz Thank you. I contacted in May for an application submission appointment. They said I will get a post 2 to 3 months before the appointment. i contacted them last week again via email. they said I am on the waiting list. Any idea how long it takes to send the post with an appointment in general?

 

 

 

Sorry I can't say. I can only tell you our experience which I already explained. The timing of appointments has been changing constantly so I don't know what is going on. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Narjiz  thank you for your reply. No problem. I will wait. After we submit our application for citizenship, can we travel abroad (non-EU, EU, USA etc) ? I guess there would be no travel restrictions during my citizenship application processing (as it might take 1 year or more). Isn't it? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021, 3:42:30, ToyUser said:

@Narjiz  thank you for your reply. No problem. I will wait. After we submit our application for citizenship, can we travel abroad (non-EU, EU, USA etc) ? I guess there would be no travel restrictions during my citizenship application processing (as it might take 1 year or more). Isn't it? 

Yes, of course you can travel. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now