vodafone issues

43 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Henribear said:

Move to rural area an were told that all we could have for communication was vodafone gigacube at over €46/ month. this was Feb 2019

It didn´t work well , went back to shop and were told we needed to buy an antenna.

did this, still not good and were told there was nothing to be done.

We managed. In August this year it finally packed up and we returned to the shop who sent it away. We had to rely on mobile data.

The service engineer spoke to us and said it was faulty and a new one was in the post. It didn´t arrive, went back to shop who said that we would not have a new one but our old one was being repaired.

We borrowed an old unit from the shop but my husband had to leave his drivers licence.

This old unit is a bit hit and miss but better that nothing.

My husband spoke with the service engineer again who said our unit was not being repaired but the shop must give us a new one. The shop refuses unless we sign a new 2 year contract.

They refuse to return my husbands drivers license and we are still paying out €46,21 /b month plus extra mobile data.

The shop still say we can only have a replacement if we sign a new 2 year contract even though our old contract is still running.

We have contacted head office who can not help. In fact no one can help. 

Any advice please

Just saying... that is why millions of Germans have legal insurance. When it gets beyond despair time, let a nasty lawyer contact them.

If you have such an insurance - use it.

If you don‘t- it is too late.

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Just saying... that is why millions of Germans have legal insurance. When it gets beyond despair time, let a nasty lawyer contact them.

If you have such an insurance - use it.

If you don‘t- it is too late.

I wonder how many people think this insurance is just for "Major Issues"?  Or worry about using it too often?

Sounds like a legal letter to Vodaphone is long overdue.

All dumb foreigners ( ie ALL foreigners ) in Germany, mostly without understanding the language or procedures , need that insurance.

It is equally silly to use it for every quarrel ( the insurer can get fed up and kick you out ) but sometimes.. enough is enough and you can‘t deal with the hassle on your own.

Don‘t forget- the service provider companies also have lawyers to hassle the lay person. Hit back.

Just for fun info - I once had a German client who overused his legal insurance. In one year, he had put in about 4 or 5 „ claims „ with his legal insurance and the last straw came when he put in a bill for FIVE euros! They kicked him out!😂

And in case any beady-eyed lawyers are on this thread, I suppose I have to offer the disclaimer:

I am an independent ( and extremely good- looking for my age ) insurance broker and authorised TT advertiser or whatever the word is.

Are you able to cancel your contract soon or not extend it? Go to congastar buy their version of cube  for around 100 euros then order 100gig on a no contract basis for about 30 euros a month. Runs on telekoms network

So we have just come from Vodafone. They absolutely refuse to return the driving license unless we return the box we borrowed and sign up for another 2 year contract even though we are still in a Vodafone contact. The assistant was very rude. He says that the fact we have no gigacube is not his problem or Vodafone's problem. He is not replacing our faulty box and he is not returning the driving license

1 minute ago, Henribear said:

So we have just come from Vodafone. They absolutely refuse to return the driving license unless we return the box we borrowed and sign up for another 2 year contract even though we are still in a Vodafone contact. The assistant was very rude. He says that the fact we have no gigacube is not his problem or Vodafone's problem. He is not replacing our faulty box and he is not returning the driving license

Totally absurd as well as illegal. Have you called the Police?

Just now, Henribear said:

My husband is on way home to do just that.

I would file a case against the individual holding the document, so that they have a charge against them. If not they will only do it to others.

The police say that we must return the borrowed gigacube and sort out with Vodafone but the shop must return the license

Just now, Henribear said:

The police say that we must return the borrowed gigacube and sort out with Vodafone but the shop must return the license

The shop must return the licence whatever happens with the cube. No ifs, no buts. :angry:

They want you to renew contract? when is your renewel date? You need to cancel 3 months before the start date or it auto renews. You can put the can ca cellation on record now to end at end date. Have you talked to shop manger...or regianal manager? Call police in the store when you are there. Also threatened legal action. Look for prepaid service such as congastar and move on..they may be palying with you to either miss your can el date or force you into a new contract. You will get more megs probably anyway somewhere else

On 9/15/2020, 9:54:29, lunaCH said:

Have you now got the licence back?

vodafone sent us a new temporary gigacube, we returned the old borrowed one. the licence was returned and the shop staff had to apologise first for keeping the licence and secondly for the aggressive behaviour where the girl raised her hand to my husbands face. Our new permanent  gigacube  is in the post. We have left vodafone on our pay as you go on our handys and we will leave vodafone for our internet once the contract has finished. Result!

On 9/14/2020, 6:52:30, lunasuenos said:

They want you to renew contract? when is your renewel date? You need to cancel 3 months before the start date or it auto renews. You can put the can ca cellation on record now to end at end date. Have you talked to shop manger...or regianal manager? Call police in the store when you are there. Also threatened legal action. Look for prepaid service such as congastar and move on..they may be palying with you to either miss your can el date or force you into a new contract. You will get more megs probably anyway somewhere else

the shop staff wanted us to take out a new contract 6 months before our present one ran out. they were totally wrong and have had to apologise to us. we will leave vodafone when our contract runs out

On 9/14/2020, 10:40:46, lunaCH said:

The shop must return the licence whatever happens with the cube. No ifs, no buts. :angry:

When my husband tried the girl shop assistant went to hit my husband and thought better a split second before making contact. She has apologised for that

On 9/12/2020, 8:16:51, lunasuenos said:

Are you able to cancel your contract soon or not extend it? Go to congastar buy their version of cube  for around 100 euros then order 100gig on a no contract basis for about 30 euros a month. Runs on telekoms network

D you know if they work well in Nordsee because that shounds a good deal. we have already changed our handys from vodafone to netto which is cheaper and working brilliantly

5 hours ago, Henribear said:

the shop staff wanted us to take out a new contract 6 months before our present one ran out. they were totally wrong and have had to apologise to us. we will leave vodafone when our contract runs out

Was that a real Vodafone shop or just an independent shop marketing Vodafone among others. I´m struggling to believe that a "real" Vodafone branch would act like that.

19 hours ago, jeba said:

Was that a real Vodafone shop or just an independent shop marketing Vodafone among others. I´m struggling to believe that a "real" Vodafone branch would act like that.

It was a proper vodafone shop. I think this is why we got the apology. When dealing with vodafone online we got things sorted. The young girl couldn´t be bothered and the lad although he started to be helpful, turned obstinate once he had the drivers license. We now have our permanent gigacube, a written apology and everything is sorted. We just need to find out which is best for nordsee to make the change. We have no cable running though the village and apparently TKom can not offer a service. I am certain though that the previous owner had TKom. We can not have a landline according to vodafone, yet the previous owner did have one. He also left with a million euro worth of debt and we do tend to find companies are reluctant to deal with us yet

On 19/09/2020, 13:11:48, Henribear said:

... the girl shop assistant went to hit my husband...

:blink:

20 hours ago, jeba said:

I´m struggling to believe that a "real" Vodafone branch would act like that.

Modern times.