vodafone issues

39 posts in this topic

Move to rural area an were told that all we could have for communication was vodafone gigacube at over €46/ month. this was Feb 2019

It didn´t work well , went back to shop and were told we needed to buy an antenna.

did this, still not good and were told there was nothing to be done.

We managed. In August this year it finally packed up and we returned to the shop who sent it away. We had to rely on mobile data.

The service engineer spoke to us and said it was faulty and a new one was in the post. It didn´t arrive, went back to shop who said that we would not have a new one but our old one was being repaired.

We borrowed an old unit from the shop but my husband had to leave his drivers licence.

This old unit is a bit hit and miss but better that nothing.

My husband spoke with the service engineer again who said our unit was not being repaired but the shop must give us a new one. The shop refuses unless we sign a new 2 year contract.

They refuse to return my husbands drivers license and we are still paying out €46,21 /b month plus extra mobile data.

The shop still say we can only have a replacement if we sign a new 2 year contract even though our old contract is still running.

We have contacted head office who can not help. In fact no one can help. 

Any advice please

13 minutes ago, Henribear said:

my husband had to leave his drivers licence

They refuse to return my husbands drivers license

Any advice please

Yes, for a start, never ever hand over documents such as driver's licences to other people. Your document should never be ought of your sight. What they are doing is possibly illegal. I would call the Police.

6 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Yes, for a start, never hand over documents such as driver's licences to other people. Your document should never be ought of your sight. What they are doing is possibly illegal.

it was the only way they would let us borrow this gigacube. I also have a father in his 80´s with serious heart problems in UK that i need to stay in touch with. 

17 minutes ago, Henribear said:

it was the only way they would let us borrow this gigacube. I also have a father in his 80´s with serious heart problems in UK that i need to stay in touch with. 

I understand this, but it is still a highly unusual procedure. If the document is lost, do they take care of all costs for the replacement for example? I'd insist on that in writing. 

Moreover there are people who would never be able to do what you have done. 

As a non-driver and a British citizen, I currently only have a passport, no identity card, no residence card (yet) and no driver's licence. I also cross an international border several times a day and am obliged in both countries to have an identity document with me. My passport is never handed over to anyone, let alone left with them. To me this is bonkers. 

One benefit of Brexit is that I'll get a residence card, so I will have an extra identity document as well as a proof of address (finally!) and will probably have to get my passport out a lot less.

They wanted his passport but thats been returned for renewal. They are taking over €46 a month from us so you would think that was enough.

The attitude is that they couldn´t care less unless we start a new contract. I say if they can not fulfil the contract that we have then they should let us go

2 minutes ago, Henribear said:

They wanted his passport

That's a joke. Think of the hassle, waste of time, energy and expense if they lost it. My guess is they can't legally keep that licence and if it is not handed over you should call the Police to the shop.

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

That's a joke. Think of the hassle, waste of time, energy and expense if they lost it. My guess is they can't legally keep that licence and if it is not handed over you should call the Police to the shop

All they would do this morning is show my husband his license. we are hardly going to steal an old gigacube while we are paying 46 a month. 

Report their refusal to hand back the license to the police, holding official documents even against debt is illegal.

Just now, keith2011 said:

Report their refusal to hand back the license to the police, holding official documents even against debt is illegal.

i think we must return on monday and do this. If they refuse then we must call the police to the shop.

They have new units in the shop. the service engineer has said our has a fault and that we are due for a new one anyway. we are dealing with "Frau I´m bored with this job" and "Herr can´t be bothered"

1 minute ago, Henribear said:

i think we must return on monday and do this. If they refuse then we must call the police to the shop.

They have new units in the shop. the service engineer has said our has a fault and that we are due for a new one anyway. we are dealing with "Frau I´m bored with this job" and "Herr can´t be bothered"

Yes do that. When I had my own business I had a customer leave their Ausweis as security when their EC card did not work for payment of a service, after a week I got a letter demanding its return without payment. I told them I had already posted it to the local ampt (which I then immediately did) to at least give the debtor some hassle to get it back, since it was obvious I was not going to be paid. The bottom line though is, there was no way I should have accepted an official document for security as it was illegal to do so.

2 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Yes do that. When I had my own business I had a customer leave their Ausweis as security when their EC card did not work for payment of a service, after a week I got a letter demanding its return without payment. I told them I had already posted it to the local ampt (which I then immediately did) to at least give the debtor some hassle to get it back, since it was obvious I was not going to be paid. The bottom line though is, there was no way I should have accepted an official document for security as it was illegal to do so.

And in any case, they can get themselves a new one from their Amt saying the old one was lost/stolen. There might not be that much time to run on the old one anyway.

Here though it is the principal of the thing. Particularly if it is a massive hassle to get a new one such as in the case of a non-German/non-EU document.

Can you just go your own way? Buy a box yourself and a telephone subscription, put the chip in the box. Connect by Wifi to the box. (You can tell I am not a techy...)

We did this. We were paying SFR in France 30 Euros a month for NO service AT ALL for about a year, whilst trying to solve The Problem of no Internet juice. After similar palava to what you describe with clueless and bored staff, my husband eventually bought a box from Amazon for 120 Euros and I took out a monthly mobile phone subscription of 12 Euros for 100 Giga. The chip went in the box, not my phone. Three of us were using G4.

Eventually, the long awaited optical fibre was delivered. Phew.

we are in a rural area but moved here under contract with vodafone. they can not supply broadband or a home telephone but refused to release us. our only option was this gigacube. As we will be moving again in 18 months its not in our interest to get into another 2 year contract so decided to see out this 2 year contract and then opt for one more year. They are a nightmare. Very rude in the shop. Vodafone are now saying that if we stop paying for our contract they will take legal action. I pointed out that they are not holding to their side and the reply is that they can´t help us. they do admit that the shop should not have taken the drivers licence but we have to return the shops property to get it back. I asked about our property, ie, the gigacube and apparently its been thrown out

This is not something I personally have had any issues with, but have read (here or elsewhere, not sure) that one option is to write directly to the managing director/CEO or whatever of these large concerns, stating your diffculties and the ridiculous way you have been treated, and this seems often to jog something in the system.

Another is to use MyTwitFace (I don't suppose it matters which branch of social media you choose) to publicly describe the ridiculousness of what is going on. This also seems to trigger some common sense. 

4 minutes ago, kiplette said:

This is not something I personally have had any issues with, but have read (here or elsewhere, not sure) that one option is to write directly to the managing director/CEO or whatever of these large concerns, stating your diffculties and the ridiculous way you have been treated, and this seems often to jog something in the system.

Another is to use MyTwitFace (I don't suppose it matters which branch of social media you choose) to publicly describe the ridiculousness of what is going on. This also seems to trigger some common sense. 

Ive written to vodafone head office, i´m talking to vodafone via FB chat.  the only one who talks sense is the service manager but he doesn´t have any say when it comes to the shop

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

publicly

FB chat won't work. No public viewing, no effect.

Head office is a shame. The cases I have read have had a name and written personally to it. How one finds out such stuff I don't know. Hopefully someone who has done it themselves will come along and help out.

5 hours ago, Henribear said:

Very rude in the shop. Vodafone are now saying that if we stop paying for our contract they will take legal action. I pointed out that they are not holding to their side and the reply is that they can´t help us

Disgusting and pathetic. Have they really nothing better to do than threaten with legal action to someone who isn't being given the service they are paying for?!