Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ALG I And Blue Card and Beschaft. jeder ARt gestattet!

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,

thanks for your help last time around.

So things are very uncertain at my current place of employment. There is a 50 / 50 chance I will get removed from my role.

The topic of the removal itself is probably worth another discussion thread. I did however sign up to join Verdi but they havent too helpful

My question is as follows, so I was issues the blue card originally in november 2018. Given that Ive not take any vacation this year

plus the one month termination notice plus the fact that I wont even have a meeting with my job until the 21 of october, I would be well past the 2 years minimum.

Plus I will be past the 12 months of having worked there. As i started on October 22 2019.

Questions are the following.

1. Would I qualify for ALG 1. I would have paid the 12 months into the system and so in theory I could get it back but I've heard people have mixed results. Would ALG I

be a negative for the further issuance of the niederlassung aufenhaltstitel? I dont believe it would be but i'd rather ask.

2. How exactly does this permission to take any job after 2 work? Can I just automatically take any job I want by just presenting the visa that shows the original date of issuance?

There is one catch here and I know it legally it might be a problem but I dont know about how it would work out in practice. While I did hold the blue card for 2 years and the paper said

I was working for company X, the reality is that I would have only contributed about 14 months into the pension plan as I was unemployed for several months in between all of this.

I have been trying to figure out if there is a way to make back payments with the DRV and I have an appointment with them on the 29 of this month.

I would really appreciate any help and support on this topic, especially due to the corona situation and a very big personal loss.

Thanks

Since you mentioned you were already unemplyed  was the blue  card issued by a different employer than your current one? Did you notify and change to the new employer? If you have only paid in 14 months but will have been here 24 months... were you unemployed for 10 months...otherwise how did you not contrbute?  Did you notify of that unemplyment period? Did you draw alg1 during you last unemployment?

The 2 year rule is 2 year working not just present in germany and you can take another skilled job not just any job. Not sure on how it affects permanent residence but when i applied at 33 months I had to provide proof of contrubutions to pension for those 33 months and a letter from current employer showing I was still working on a unlimited contract...by the way alg1 does pay into pension system for you. With 12 months work you will get 6 months. I think your isssue is what you did during 10 missing months and how it was previously reported? Here is a link that explains blue card and 2 years etc

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/326856/en/

well i did notify the auslanderbehorde of the 10 or so months I was unemployed but they are so messed up they have no clue what was going on. When i went back in december to get this current job confirmed they said they had authorized a second job which they never did. So who knows whats going with them. Theyve always been informed in any case.

I did not take any ALG as i could not

Hopefully you have records for all of this because not sure how you were able to stay the 10 months of unemployment? when you file for alg1 they may question this as you report status for 5 years in the application. Im sure it would get reviewed closely if you ever file for permanent residence, and or when they need to approve another employer. Based on blue card you have not met the conditions to take any job and even at 2 years it is really still  "skilled" job..so you would need to get a new job approved again at least based on my understanding. 

10 hours ago, LostinTime said:

well i did notify the auslanderbehorde of the 10 or so months I was unemployed but they are so messed up they have no clue what was going on. When i went back in december to get this current job confirmed they said they had authorized a second job which they never did. So who knows whats going with them. Theyve always been informed in any case.

I did not take any ALG as i could not

What did your lawyer say?