Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

medical massage profession

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am eu citizen and have two year program diploma in massage and rehabilitation. Also, I've finished one year of traditional tibetan mmassage. I am interested in working in medical massage field. Do these documents mean something in Germany or should I finish German massage school if I want to work in clinic?

I've also heard that you don't need German diploma to do massage therapy at elderly home? This would be ideally my starting point. What are realistic expectations? How much medical/sports massage therapy field is saturated here?

Looking forward to hearing from massage therapists in this field:-)

22 hours ago, Gabriele Elena said:

I am interested in working in medical massage field.

If you want to work as a health care professional you need to have your qualifications recognised and know German. There is a shortage of trained physiotherapists in Germany and with the right qualifications and sufficient German it would be possible to find employment.

I've also heard that you don't need German diploma to do massage therapy at elderly home? This would be ideally my starting point. What are realistic expectations?

Realistically? You have no chance of being allowed to offered massage services in a retirement home without formal qualifications in the middle of a pandemic (access to many retirement homes is still limited in most areas).

You need to contact the the German state in which you'd like to work to find out whether or not your qualifications are recognised there.

https://www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de/de/interest/finder/profession/365