Need Malt Vinegar today (Saturday)

18 posts in this topic

Anyone know if it is possible to buy malt vinegar anywhere in Munich today, Saturday?

I believe the British Allsorts shop has it but they do not open on Saturdays according to there website.

I'm afraid I don't know about Munich, but REWE here in Frankfurt have it

11 minutes ago, Tap said:

I'm afraid I don't know about Munich, but REWE here in Frankfurt have it

Tried REWE but they don't stock it here, only online.:(

6 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Now that really is an emergency!🙂

Yes we are preparing to make apple chutney but just realised we are out of malt vinegar.

British Allsorts has closed, so unfortunately you won't get malt vinegar there. Have you tried a large Edeka? They often stock international products.

8 minutes ago, Farm girl said:

British Allsorts has closed, so unfortunately you won't get malt vinegar there. Have you tried a large Edeka? They often stock international products.

Just for clarification do you mean closed for good? Their website says they are open Mon-Fri.

We only have small Edekas in our area and they don't have it, which one would you suggest?

21 minutes ago, camlough said:

British Allsorts have been closed for a year:D

Can't you google for yourself? There's a large REWE a few minutes up the Giesinger Berg

https://shop.rewe.de/p/sarsons-malt-vinegar-malzessig-568-ml/ZYE8VK3S

Thanks for nothing! The British Allsorts shop has not been closed for a year, I visited just before last Xmas and as mentioned earlier the website is still up so yes I did google it! As stated previously REWE only have it in their online offering, per your link , delivery by DHL 1-3 days in case you did not understand!

Can't help with malt vinegar, but I just looked at a couple of recipes, both of which use apple cider vinegar. Apfelessig is everywhere to be found - maybe that'll do if needs must!

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

mollie malones!

That's actually a good idea. Ring up one of the Irish pubs.

8 hours ago, alwaysmovin said:

Sorry only saw this now ...  for next time HIT in Rosenheimerstr has malt vinegar 

Many thanks for that. We have decided to delay the chutney making and ordered online from the link below. They have a good selection of British and US products on offer so I also ordered some cheese, tea and sweets.:rolleyes:

I will update here on receipt and let everyone know, not sure if this trader has been listed here before but I did not find it, maybe a good resource.

https://www.greatbritishfood.de/

Update

The malt vinegar and the other things I ordered arrived last Tuesday via DHL, now also have a stock of cheddar, Yorkshire tea Crunchies and Flakes.:D