Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy a morning suit in Frankfurt

16 posts in this topic

Hi all - odd request but does anything like a morning suit exist in Germany and if so where can I get my hands on one (live in Frankfurt).

Would like to avoid having to go back to england to hire one :D

thanks

le bear

Well I got completely confused on first reading and thought he meant "birthday suit" !!! :$

Now that would be an interesting wedding... :D

Oh thanks Lilac, I now fancy "Morning Suits", esp. those containing Hugh!! :wub:

It is pretty difficult to get hold of this stuff in FFM - I needed a new waistcoat for my morning suit and couldn't find anything suitable.

For the suit itself, there is a wedding outfitters on a street between Hauptwache and Roemer (can't remember what it is called).

I think I saw some sort of suit at Peek & C too - but it didn't have the "right" trousers (those funny grey stripey ones).

On the off chance that you are about 6 foot tall, with a 36 inch waist you can hire mine for a reasonable sum!!!

I know you can rent them in Debenhams for about £60. Maybe you could post it back. I have never seen a German in a morning suit, don't think it's their thing.

Hi. A morning suit is a "Frack" in German. I don't know if you could buy one, but you may be able to hire one for the occasion. Look in the yellow pages under something like "Frackverleih", "Abendgarderobe Verleih", "Smokingverleih" or "Kostumverleih". I also found this place online http://www.frackverleih.info/frackverleih-verleih.htm

Good luck1

christina

Oh sorry, I just checked and it's not a "Frack", it's a "Cut" apparently.

Cheers,

christina

I tried hiring a morning suit in Düsseldorf for my wedding in July. No hope, not even in Düsseldorf. You're right, bmessmann, it's a "Cut", which I learnt from looking at photographs in an old book.

What does seem to be more popular is the "Stresemann", which we wouldn't wear in the UK traditionally. These are elongated blazers, the length of a morning suit, but without the cutaway.

IMO they don't look as elegant. Ended up having to marry in a "normal suit" and felt like I was going to work !