How to correct postal address?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have just moved to Rostock and what I did, mistakenly wrote my postal address wrong in some offices (e.g. university, insurance company). In the place of Zimmer Nr. I wrote Haus Nr. and that is the reason I believe, none of my mail has arrived in my post-box. I think those offices sent mail to my wrong address, and they are not yet delivered by Deutsch Post. How can I received those mail? And how can I correct my postal address? Do I need to go each of the offices separately or is there any central system I can fix? 

Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, bimohan said:

Do I need to go each of the offices separately or is there any central system I can fix? 

Yes, you need to call, write or visit them to correct the address. 

41 minutes ago, vivanco said:

Yes, you need to call, write or visit them to correct the address. 

@vivanco, thanks. I have already started the process. They have already sent me some mail which did not arrive. How can I collect those mail? Can I go to Deutsch Post and claim those? Can you give me any suggestion?

1 minute ago, bimohan said:

@vivanco,  They have already sent me some mail which did not arrive. How can I collect those mail? Can I go to Deutsch Post and claim those? Can you give me any suggestion?

First make sure that your surname is clearly written and visible in the mailbox. Then request the relevant offices to send you the letter again (after the Adress correction) or ask them for a digital copy if possible. Going to Deutsche Post will be a waste of time as the letter is not stored there. If the postman can't deliver the address due to wrong Address, the letter is sent back immediately to the sender. 

On 28.8.2020, 12:09:52, bimohan said:

I have just moved to Rostock ...

But it's much easier to correct a TT address from Darmstadt to Rostock B)